World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

gmb85

Reaction score
jimmy40;4208147 said:
losing Super Bowls is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse.
Agreed. Baseball's not a real sport anyway. (no offense just bitter right now)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208114 said:
Back to back ALCS Champs! I know it's a low place to hang your hat, but hey, it's something.

God Bless you all for enduring this, it was a fun and not so fun ride.
yea it was. I love this team.
I'm not about to trash the guys that have brought us so much joy the last two seasons. It is sad that some feel the need to do that( not you of course)

When we finally win the World Seties it will be so sweet.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208151 said:
I hear you. And completely agree. I've enjoyed having you around rcaldw, didn't even know you were a fan until this series. I may have just not noticed that you may have posted in the other thread. Either way, hope you will be here next year to shoot the bull.

Thanks eric, I will be. I DIDN'T KNOW A THREAD EXISTED :) or I would have been here sooner. It was a lot of fun, and I'll join you guys next season.

jimmy40

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208152 said:
Nothing beats the 1994 NFC Title game. Granted I was only 9, but it's one of only two times I can remember crying in public in my life, and the other was the death of my grandfather.
multiply that by 100,000,000 and that's what it felt like losing Super Bowls to the Steelers. freaking twice.

DallasJ7

Reaction score
It's easy to second-guess Wash on this decision or that one, but he did a decent job. Oliver had done a great job before Game 6 in the postseason, so I can understand his reasoning in the 10th inning.

Flat-out the bullpen, which had been a strength of the team, completely lost it. And not just one guy, it seemed like just about all of them fell apart.

Air Force One

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208152 said:
Nothing beats the 1994 NFC Title game. Granted I was only 9, but it's one of only two times I can remember crying in public in my life, and the other was the death of my grandfather.

The thing about 1994 for tho was that I KNEW we were the better team and I KNEW we would be back and win the SB the following year. I just knew it 100%.

Last night I said this wasn't as bad as the Dwight Clark catch, but after 24 hours of replaying Cruz's half ***** attempt at that fly ball, this is at least as bad as The Catch if not worse.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208157 said:
Thanks eric, I will be. I DIDN'T KNOW A THREAD EXISTED :) or I would have been here sooner. It was a lot of fun, and I'll join you guys next season.

Haha it's cool. Glad to hear it.

Maybe for anyone in the relative area or something we could all make a trip to the Ballpark and rep the zone, haha. And wear Cowobys jerseys or something and look really out of place (even though it pisses me off when I see people do that, haha).

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208136 said:
Well, in some ways it doesn't take long to get spoiled. Some fans literally go GENERATIONS without seeing their team in a world series (Cubs for example). We have seen it twice in two years. But man, you just don't get the chances we had very often.

On the bright side, we have a great front office, have a solid tv deal with Fox that kicks in a few years.

We will have the resources to be perennial contenders.

Go Rangers.

CowTech

Reaction score
rcaldw;4208148 said:
I hope the guy gets banned. He can't be over 15 years old. Then again, I saw a 30 year old guy who acts like a baby on the news the other day.

haha blow me. And **** other guy calling me out.

Time for the Cowboys to kill Vick like he killed those dogs!

rcaldw

Reaction score
CowTech;4208173 said:
haha blow me. And **** other guy calling me out.

Time for the Cowboys to kill Vick like he killed those dogs!

24 posts says all I need to know.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, I was rooting for the Cards, and as a Yankee fan I have no love for the Rangers, but I won't rub it in. Losing two years in a row has gotta hurt.

Air Force One

Reaction score
windward;4208156 said:
When we finally win the World Seties it will be so sweet.

reading you post this hurt SOOO damn much.....we should already have one and I have no anticipation that we will ever get another chance. WS appearances are very very VERY rare.

rcaldw

Reaction score
bbgun;4208177 said:
Well, I was rooting for the Cards, and as a Yankee fan I have no love for the Rangers, but I won't rub it in. Losing two years in a row has gotta hurt.

Not as much as being a Yankees fan ;) ;)

CowTech

Reaction score
bbgun;4208177 said:

Yankee and Cowboys fan? Let me guess, you also root for the Lakers or the Heat?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Ok, I turned the channel after the last out. Any news on whether Oliver has been released yet?

rcaldw

Reaction score
The guy who really gets rooked here is Nap. He outperformed everyone in this series.