World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

utrunner07

Reaction score
haha check out Nap's post game shirt over on texas rangers.com in the post game interview.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Air Force One;4200966 said:
Man do they ever make it hard.

One left to win it all but it will be the hardest

See to me tonight was the hardest.

You're going against their #1 pitcher, your number one puts you in a 2-0 hole right out the gate. You battle back despite being right on the edge the entire game of having it blown open by the opposition. You get the key hit after doing nothing all game as opposed to Game 2 when you steal it at the end or 4 when your pitcher goes HAM.

There was insane pressure all game long tonight.

It'll be hard, but it won't be anything they haven't seen before. This series has had it all... the blow out in game 3 changed this team I believe. You lose like that, you have nothing to be scared of afterwards...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4201017 said:
haha check out Nap's post game shirt over on texas rangers.com in the post game interview.

Is it still up? Not playing for me. What was his shirt?

Ren

Reaction score
Hard not to draw parallels to the Mavs championship, lose game one, improbable comeback game 2, lose game 3, win game 4 behind an incredible single player performance and turn the series on it's head in game 5

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Robbieac;4200968 said:
Darren Freakin Oliver gets the win! :confused: :eek::

Dude, thought I'd check in from my vacation to remind you that your post needs editing. Here's how it should read:

Robbieac;4200968 said:
Darren Freakin Oliver gets the win!!! :bow: :eek:

fify! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
One win. That's it. That is all the Rangers need to be World Series Champions.

Git're done!

Air Force One

Reaction score
Alweezy;4201021 said:
See to me tonight was the hardest.

You're going against their #1 pitcher, your number one puts you in a 2-0 hole right out the gate. You battle back despite being right on the edge the entire game of having it blown open by the opposition. You get the key hit after doing nothing all game as opposed to Game 2 when you steal it at the end or 4 when your pitcher goes HAM.

There was insane pressure all game long tonight.

It'll be hard, but it won't be anything they haven't seen before. This series has had it all... the blow out in game 3 changed this team I believe. You lose like that, you have nothing to be scared of afterwards...

Hey man I hope you're right. :)

Did you guys hear why La Russa said Motte was not in facing Napoli??

He said he tried to get him up and ready but TWICE the bullpen didn't hear the name right and got the wrong pitcher up warming...twice. La Russa said the crowd was a factor. If that is really true it's just crazy!

StylisticS

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4201052 said:

Git're done!

Yeah. I don't know what I will do if we win on Wednesday. It will be a very special moment.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4201052 said:

Git're done!

I want it next game... my heart can't go 7...

On the other hand... I hate this format...

No team (visitors) should have to basically win 3 straight to win it at home... the fact that the Cards have home field is a joke... the All Star game determines this? Seriously?

If you go this route it should be 2-2-1-1-1...

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2: How can they make a mistake like that after 162 games? Especially for a proven manager like Tony La Russa...man that is puzzling.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
StylisticS;4201056 said:
Yeah. I don't know what I will do if we win on Wednesday. It will be a very special moment.

Been watching this team for almost 40 years... I deserve this win... lol

Air Force One

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4201064 said:
:laugh2::laugh2: How can they make a mistake like that after 162 games? Especially for a proven manager like Tony La Russa...man that is puzzling.

An ESPN reporter just posted in the post game chat that an unnamed Ranger asked her if she thought La Russa was lying about it. Cannot imagine they mistook Motte for Rzepcyznski. :D

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4201052 said:

Git're done!

And the weird thing is, it still hasn't set in for me yet. I mean it's the Rangers, we aren't supposed to be this good. Gotta love this team.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
trickblue;4201067 said:
Been watching this team for almost 40 years... I deserve this win... lol

Haha agreed good sir. I've only been watching since I knew what the heck baseball was, and at that time it was just on the radio because we only had the local TV stations.