Worst Case Scenario Is Playing Out

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Winning enough to keep Garrett but
not enough to make playoffs; mediocre draft pick.

Stinks.
My only regrets moving forward are watching the DC war room high fiving every pick and coming out to the media with "everything when perfectly according to plan and we got all that we wanted".
Also JG coming out with new 2018 mantra "Fight Every Day" or something elementary that high school teams use and lastly a few Zoners coming out with threads "I don't know what it is but there's something different about this team. I just feel like we're going all the way this year".
Jerry - as the GM, spare me the build up and show me/tell me specifically what your doing to improve this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beat Seattle.

This week.

Eliminate a quality team with a good quarterback with any playoff hopes for both teams on the line.

Show us something.

Show us progress.

Give us hope that you've figured something out, and that this team might actually be good. This year or next.

Accomplish just that and I'll be plenty impressed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because im smart enough to know that Ezekiel Elliott shouldve won that award and that this guy doesnt have “it” to be a franchise QB.

I dont know about you, but I dont want my QB being the biggest liability on offense going in to every game.
The biggest liability on this offense is the playbook. And since you are "smart enough"...what is this "it" you are looking for?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Why? It worked very well for the 76ers and it only took 10-12 years.
lol, so true. The only time I wanted the Boys to "tank" was 1 game (was it 89) last game of the year and the difference was Aikman or Mandarich. Thank god we lost that one

Doomsay

Reaction score
We only play to win enough to keep Garrett paid every year. Getting rid of Garret is the only goal.

TWOK11

Reaction score

Stinks.

Such a losers mentality

You don't breed a culture of winning by tanking, I don't care how good your draft picks are. 20 years of losing and high picks hasn't helped the Browns.

I prefer our team win out and breed a culture of fighting no matter what.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Beat Seattle.

This week.

Eliminate a quality team with a good quarterback with any playoff hopes for both teams on the line.

Show us something.

Show us progress.

Give us hope that you've figured something out, and that this team might actually be good. This year or next.

Accomplish just that and I'll be plenty impressed.

We beat a desperate team with a good QB in Oakland in Sunday, but (not surprisingly) that doesn't count.

Neither does beating the AFC West champion Chiefs earlier this year, or beating the Packers, Steelers, Ravens and Lions last year.

And when we beat Seattle by a good margin, they suddenly won't count either. Neither will Philly, because they'll "have nothing to play for".

And round and round we go.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Knew this was gonna happen from the start. Too late to turn back now. Might as well try to win out and hope we get very lucky.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Such a losers mentality

You don't breed a culture of winning by tanking, I don't care how good your draft picks are. 20 years of losing and high picks hasn't helped the Browns.

I prefer our team win out and breed a culture of fighting no matter what.
20 years of mediocrity hasn't helped us either.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You should really take 30 minutes to think through your strategy. You get two distinct benefits by tanking if your team statistically can't make the playoffs and tanks. You get to draft higher and obtain a basket of better players and you get to play a much easier schedule the following year thus giving the team an easier road to the playoffs. The third possible benefit is that Jerry might fire the brain dead coaching staff and get someone who knows how to coach and win NFL games. What's not to like? 2/3 of NFL teams stay around 8 & 8 every year and never make the playoffs. You have to take chances to get better.

I don't have to think it through. I'm never for losing games based on a perceived advantage you are going to gain. I want my team to win whenever it could win. Giving up does nothing for me.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Stinks.

If holds up would be squandering the last two years (2016 NFC top seed and 2017 wide open NFC playoffs). The Front Office's inability to adequately assess and upgrade this defense is our biggest sin.

Have to hope Stephen Jones releases the tight grip on the purse strings to use whatever cap room we have to get better, and not just stand pat.

Reaction score
If holds up would be squandering the last two years (2016 NFC top seed and 2017 wide open NFC playoffs). The Front Office's inability to adequately assess and upgrade this defense is our biggest sin.

Have to hope Stephen Jones releases the tight grip on the purse strings to use whatever cap room we have to get better, and not just stand pat.
And hope Marinelli retires.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We beat a desperate team with a good QB in Oakland in Sunday, but (not surprisingly) that doesn't count.

Did we? This is disingenuous at best. And I think you know that.

Neither does beating the AFC West champion Chiefs earlier this year, or beating the Packers, Steelers, Ravens and Lions last year.

Is beating the Chiefs a big deal when everyone was doing it? What did they lose? 5 of 6 games? They certainly weren't the same team that beat New England in week one, were they?

And when we beat Seattle by a good margin, they suddenly won't count either.

My direct quote states otherwise, but you run with this falsehood too. And feel free to get back to me "when we beat Seattle by a good margin".

Neither will Philly, because they'll "have nothing to play for".

And round and round we go.

If they don't, they don't. You can then tell everyone about how Nate Sudfeld is some "quality quarterback" and the fact that the Eagles didn't play anybody doesn't matter. Although people sang a much different tune week 17 of last season

But again, you prop up yet another meaningless win if that's all you've got.