Worst day in Cowboys history

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
9315bac3e03f94d72dcd17416ee4a27b.jpg
My man, this franchise has been ashes for quarter of a century. I think we can safely say that the bird is dead at this point.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think it's a personal thing.

This could be the moment that this particular fan is now seeing Jones for who he is, and thus a sense of hopelessness is setting in.
I guess that makes sense but at the same time this team hasn't been active in the first week of FA in decades...I don't even remember our last big name signing...TO? Just makes you wonder if people get themselves worked up on things that are clearly going happen or not going to happen based on this teams history.

plasticman

Reaction score
I think he realizes father time is knocking loudly and it's time to give up Jerry's way. Taking a conventional route starting with a HC and QB.
What a concept aye Jerald?
In our dreams!

Jerry Jones is stubbornness personified.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There are bozo threads and then there is something even worse….like this one

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense but at the same time this team hasn't been active in the first week of FA in decades...I don't even remember our last big name signing...TO? Just makes you wonder if people get themselves worked up on things that are clearly going happen or not going to happen based on this teams history.
I think fans get worked up over potential signings all the time. I used to be guilty of that, but it's been a while.

Time is a blur though. I'm sure some guys remember when Jerry used to have the balls to go get big name players, but don't quite realize it's been close to 20 years since that's happened.

Reality is, Brandon Carr is our crown jewel of FA since we signed TO in 2006.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think fans get worked up over potential signings all the time. I used to be guilty of that, but it's been a while.

Time is a blur though. I'm sure some guys remember when Jerry used to have the balls to go get big name players, but don't quite realize it's been close to 20 years since that's happened.

Reality is, Brandon Carr is our crown jewel of FA since we signed TO in 2006.
Yeah, thats pretty sad honestly....and I am not an advocate for going after big name FA's because inevitably you overpay....but I will say that mid tier or just outside of top tier would be much better.

coult44

Reaction score
LOL......it's just day one. Still, plenty of players out there who can impact this team.
And you honestly think that suddenly the renegotiations that are keeping us from signing anyone have been done overnight? Now all of a sudden they have the money to sign any of the players you think can impact this team?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who thinks what happened to this franchise today is anything other than a total disaster is fooling themselves, You are eating Jerry’s cheese. Lost three top contributors as far as number of snaps played in the last five years. In return they signed 0 players.
I really don’t know if I can support this team any longer. 44 years as a fan of this team. I really don’t know if I can continue to put my heart into this team any longer. To think they are doing anything other than tanking for 2024. Is not realistic.
Has anyone else noticed that thanks to social media we are able to be informed that all the worst and best days in the history of everything have happened in the last few years?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks what happened to this franchise today is anything other than a total disaster is fooling themselves, You are eating Jerry’s cheese. Lost three top contributors as far as number of snaps played in the last five years. In return they signed 0 players.
I really don’t know if I can support this team any longer. 44 years as a fan of this team. I really don’t know if I can continue to put my heart into this team any longer. To think they are doing anything other than tanking for 2024. Is not realistic.

If they sign no one today (not counting a long snapper) that will tell a lot. After seeing this team get killed by GB at home (holes all thru this team), they should have been in Roger’s office for tampering if was all in.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah, thats pretty sad honestly....and I am not an advocate for going after big name FA's because inevitably you overpay....but I will say that mid tier or just outside of top tier would be much better.
Totally

I'm beating a dead horse, but their free agency approach really tells you what the Jones family is all about.

They see that the team's got potential, but they're not willing to go all in to put us over the top. They're too worried it might mess up the status quo in future years.

Some part of me still hopes we can pull off a Super Bowl win somehow, but let's be real, the Jones boys probably won't take us there and we're stuck with them.

So I've mostly lost the level interest and passion I once had.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what you are saying, but to do this after your Owner /GM says you are all in ???
Getting your hopes/expectations up even higher before you dash them ???
Makes absolutely no sense!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
But is he "all in" as in finally doing it right? As in the route that won him titles?
If this were normal Jerry, Dak would be extended, Smith, Pollard would still be here and we'd be adding players.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
They are tanking.
They've got to clear out Dak and McCarthy. Find out if Lance has what it takes, if not we'll certainly be in position to draft a stud QB finally after 35 years.

I'm totally fine with this off season. It has to be done.
Look I get people want to get Dak out the door but you are delusional if you think this front office will find the savior.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im not sure how this could be the worst day in Cowboys history when in fact its like groundhog day for 25 of the last 28 years.....

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Worst in history? Lol. This is no different than any other Day 1 free agency for this franchise.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Look I get people want to get Dak out the door but you are delusional if you think this front office will find the savior.
Yep. Just look at the approach of this front office in the QB situation since Aikman left. In between Aikman and Testaverde, so many spares and *** players. Testaverde and Bledsoe were both at the end of their careers. Lucked into Romo, who they didn't even draft. Only stayed on the roster because Quincy Carter was arrested. He was about to be cut. Finally stepped in for Bledsoe in 2006 and was the guy for almost the next decade. We then move into the Dak era, a guy who was drafted to be the full time backup for Romo. Never was supposed to start. And this front office dropped the ball filling out the roster around rookie contracts Dak and Zeke and the OL we had. If they can't do it then, zero chance they can do it with all these big contracts to work with.

This front office doesn't draft consistently well enough to only count on our own guys. We scoff at paying free agents money but brag about paying high amounts to underperforming homegrown players. No, giving a big contract to a guy you drafted mean that pick was a success.I think the Jones family is so bent on telling the world how good they are drafting and building a team on their own. They are above free agency except the dumpster picks at the end,

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I can think of a few worse