Worst movie you ever saw?

Diogenes

Reaction score
MonsterD;4988129 said:
Not reading the whole thread, except the complete stupidity about how being anti- English Patient makes some in here feel manly or whatever.

I didn't read a single post that even intimated such a thought. As a matter of fact, personally, I have a ton of favorite movies that while not "chick flicks" wouldn't be considered "manly" movies either. Two examples I can think of are Sophie's Choice and The Color Purple.

I simply found The English Patient to be boring.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
I find it crazy that the Coen brothers can make GREAT movies like The Big Lebowski and the True Grit re-make, then turn around and make movies like Burn After Reading and this...LITERALLY THE MOST GARBAGE MOVIE EVER.
http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/a-serious-man-poster-664x1023.jpg

Diogenes

Reaction score
Rynie;4988263 said:
I find it crazy that the Coen brothers can make GREAT movies like The Big Lebowski and the True Grit re-make, then turn around and make movies like Burn After Reading and this...LITERALLY THE MOST GARBAGE MOVIE EVER.
http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/a-serious-man-poster-664x1023.jpg

I haven't seen A Serious Man, Rynie but you are so right about Burn After Reading. It blew. It was like they didn't even try.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Diogenes;4988265 said:
I haven't seen A Serious Man, Rynie but you are so right about Burn After Reading. It blew. It was like they didn't even try.
They are so hit-and-miss it's not even funny. If you're feeling masochistic, watch A serious man. I didn't even make it to the 20 minute mark.

This made me think of another TERRIBLE movie: The Men Who Stare at Goats.

Walked out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Diogenes;4988254 said:
I didn't read a single post that even intimated such a thought. As a matter of fact, personally, I have a ton of favorite movies that while not "chick flicks" wouldn't be considered "manly" movies either. Two examples I can think of are Sophie's Choice and The Color Purple.

I simply found The English Patient to be boring.

I mentioned the English Patient first. I thought it was a snoozefest and a bad movie. I never implied it was bad because it was a chick-flick and I wanted to seem more manly. No one else did either.

It is amazing what some people gather from rather simple posts or topics. Me saying a movie was boring and bad = I am a manly man and will not watch a chick-flick, wow.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rynie;4988253 said:
How? Every Romero movie is the EXACT SAME.

Boy Rynie, if you think that's true, i.e. all Romero zombie flicks being the same thing... Well you're apparently not a horror movie aficionado then. :D

DFWJC

Reaction score
blindzebra;4988469 said:
Out of Africa

Howard the Duck

I get it. The Zebra didn't like Out of Africa because only he knows what's real. :)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DFWJC;4988548 said:
I get it. The Zebra didn't like Out of Africa because only he knows what's real. :)
He was disappointed it wasn't about himself.

rynochop

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4987593 said:
Probably Superman IV.

Even Christopher Reeve, the most charismatic actor to play any superhero, couldn't save that film.

Ha..that's a good one. Just recently saw it, didn't even know they made it...brutal.

Another john travolta movie id put up there was Michael...couldn't believe I sat thru that.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
What was that movie with Mark Walberg where the plants were killing everyone? It was directed my M. Night Shamalan I believe.

Quarantine was a pretty bad movie too.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dez_for_prez;4988956 said:
What was that movie with Mark Walberg where the plants were killing everyone? It was directed my M. Night Shamalan I believe.

"The Happening". Yeah, that was bad.

I liked "Quarantine". I liked the movie it was based off of too "Rec".

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Norman Part 6. Saw it visiting NJ with a bunch of HS friends. Had Bill Cosby and Gloria Foster. We just squirmed in our seats and hid our eyes. No one wanted to be the first to walk out, so we just suffered.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4988956 said:

M. Night Shamaylan has made ONE decent movie. THe 6th sense. The rest are seriously ing HORRIBLE.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rynie;4989437 said:
M. Night Shamaylan has made ONE decent movie. THe 6th sense. The rest are seriously ing HORRIBLE.

He (Shamaylan) comes off as trying to be too "cute" when it comes to offering a "angle" for most of his horror films. When you're finally shown (or have figured out) what or who the villain of the film is it usually just causes you to roll your eyes.