Would Giants fans rank Romo over Eli

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Only people who are absolutely clueless about football, or are totally blinded by hatred/bias, think that Eli is as good as Romo. Romo is significantly better in every way as a QB. All Eli has are TEAM accomplishments. Regular season there is no comparison. Romo even has better postseason numbers. If everything isn't "just right" for Eli, he falls apart and leads the NFL in turnovers. Romo takes teams with crap OLs and defenses and makes them competitive with his play.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In the 8 games that made up their two successful playoff runs, the Giants were involved in 5 games that were decided by 4 points or less.

In those 5 close games, the Giants fumbled the ball 10 times.

They recovered 9.

If, instead of 9 recoveries, they only get 5 (a perfectly normal result) that gives them an additional 4 turnovers in those five games that they won by 4 points or less.

Do they still win them all? Do they even win half of them?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
At the end of the day, Super Bowls are how QBs are ultimately judged. It will probably always lean Eli if Tony can't win a championship or two.

That is how many will see it, I do find it interesting that many who cover the NFL will say "Regardless if it is right or not a QB is judged by SB" To me that is like saying it may not be true but that is how I will judge them. I can't buy into that line of thinking, I think judging a player by his own ability outside of the team around them is how a QB or any other should be judged.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That is how many will see it, I do find it interesting that many who cover the NFL will say "Regardless if it is right or not a QB is judged by SB" To me that is like saying it may not be true but that is how I will judge them. I can't buy into that line of thinking, I think judging a player by his own ability outside of the team around them is how a QB or any other should be judged.

I think Tony is a better QB then Eli but I pretty much agree. Eli is in NY, he has two Super Bowls, he comes from about as close to NFL Royalty as there is and he was the number one draft pick coming out. Lots of writers and NFL people have a lot invested in him over the years. Tony, small school, undrafted, no Super Bowls. Unfortunately, that's just how it goes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Super Bowls are how QBs are ultimately judged, why doesn't that apply in their case?

I don't know that it doesn't apply. I don't think there is any such thing as always or never. I think that you can throw this up there and say "SEE" but I think that's the exception and not the rule.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Tony is a better QB then Eli but I pretty much agree. Eli is in NY, he has two Super Bowls, he comes from about as close to NFL Royalty as there is and he was the number one draft pick coming out. Lots of writers and NFL people have a lot invested in him over the years. Tony, small school, undrafted, no Super Bowls. Unfortunately, that's just how it goes.

Eli also has been one of the most up and down inconsistent QB I have seen. In some season he has played very well but he has as many seasons where he looked like a rookie out there. Turning the ball over like crazy. In many years he has had the defense to bail him out when he has messed up. After the last 2 season I think many in the media are starting to doubt Eli

zack

Reaction score
I think that reading the comments to the article I posted you will actually see some of the Giants fans agree that Romo is better than Eli. Some don't come out and openly admit to it, but they are basically saying it. I know it is hard for them and some on this board to agree with that because of the two SB rings. But objectively, if you weren't a fan of either team, you can tell who the better QB is and his name isn't Eli. It is not even close, sorry....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think that reading the comments to the article I posted you will actually see some of the Giants fans agree that Romo is better than Eli. Some don't come out and openly admit to it, but they are basically saying it. I know it is hard for them and some on this board to agree with that because of the two SB rings. But objectively, if you weren't a fan of either team, you can tell who the better QB is and his name isn't Eli. It is not even close, sorry....

Well Eli is like a box of chocolates. lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It would only apply if you think Plunkett was better than Fouts.

Fouts played in one of the best Offenses there ever was in the NFL. I don't think he was better, per say. I think he was a better passer. I think he has much better statistics. I think he retired as one of the all time, statistics wise, QBs in NFL History. I think Fouts went on to have a successful career in broadcasting so he has that benefit as well. On the other hand, Plunkett played most of his prime on bad teams. He retired and you never heard much else on Plunkett. Was Plunkett better then Fouts? Well, Plunkett might have been better if he had an opportunity to go to a good team earlier on in his career. Most people never really saw Plunkett at his peak. When he got to the Raiders, he was pretty beaten up already. Yet he still managed to win. I don't know if he was better or not but I don't think it matters. As I said earlier, I don't think Eli is better then Tony but I also don't think that matters. It is what it is, like it or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fouts played in one of the best Offenses there ever was in the NFL. I don't think he was better, per say. I think he was a better passer. I think he has much better statistics. I think he retired as one of the all time, statistics wise, QBs in NFL History. I think Fouts went on to have a successful career in broadcasting so he has that benefit as well. On the other hand, Plunkett played most of his prime on bad teams. He retired and you never heard much else on Plunkett. Was Plunkett better then Fouts? Well, Plunkett might have been better if he had an opportunity to go to a good team earlier on in his career. Most people never really saw Plunkett at his peak. When he got to the Raiders, he was pretty beaten up already. Yet he still managed to win. I don't know if he was better or not but I don't think it matters. As I said earlier, I don't think Eli is better then Tony but I also don't think that matters. It is what it is, like it or not.

Plunkett clearly fit the Al Davis long bomb style QB

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Eli makes better faces than Romo does, so that's one metric where Eli wins out.

1262941373_eli.jpg

1292815989_eli.jpg
1381523934_eli.jpg
1381524022_eli.jpg

1381523610_eli.jpg

oh hey did somebody mention Dan Fouts?