Would you be in favor of trading 4th round pick for DT?

T-RO

Reaction score
Tim Settle, Maurice Hurst, Fatukasi, RJ Macintosh, Sebastian Joseph, Andrew Brown,

How in the world can you not see the need at DT?

You are quite adept at revisionist history. At the time of the draft we had two very good starting tackles, a tandem most would put in the top 12 in the NFL.

Irving’s previous suspension was for PEDs. Did we know he had a street-drug problem? I’m guessing we didn’t. And Collins was hurt after the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
For me its Hankins or nothin. Hankins gives us a wide bodied athletic run stuffer. He's the immovable object. Maybe Price can be that guy,but comin off an injury,I rather go sign some proven insurance.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
save our picks..especially if we gotta use 1 for ET. Just go sign Hankins already.

That seems simple enough, but I’m curious why Hankins hasn’t already been signed. There has to be a reason, so we would have to decide if that reason is a problem for us. On the ET side, if it were just a matter of trading a 4th rounder it seems fairly certain the deal would already be done. But I assume Seattle is still wanting a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and then there is the matter of what it would cost to extend ETs contract

Rayman70

Reaction score
That seems simple enough, but I’m curious why Hankins hasn’t already been signed. There has to be a reason, so we would have to decide if that reason is a problem for us. On the ET side, if it were just a matter of trading a 4th rounder it seems fairly certain the deal would already be done. But I assume Seattle is still wanting a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and then there is the matter of what it would cost to extend ETs contract
Wants too much money and a long term deal. I'm thinkin he will sign right after camp cuts or an injury.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If you look at the official Cowboys depth chart, it's interesting that no starter is listed for one of the DT positions. Just a mistake?

LFd2PwX.jpg

Only guy missing from depth chart is David Irving. He is the starter at 3Tech when he comes back from 4 game suspension. First 4 games the rotation will likely resemble this:

LDE: Tank Lawrence/Taco Charlton/Dorance Armstrong
1Tech: Brian Price/Richard Ash/Antwaun Woods or Daniel Ross
3Tech: Jihad Ward/Datone Jones/Kony Ealy
RDE: Tyrone Crawford/Randy Gregory/Charles Tapper or Austin Larkin

But the real question is why is Ash listed the 3rd string 3Tech and Lewis Neal is 3rd string 1Tech. Weird.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Tim Settle, Maurice Hurst, Fatukasi, RJ Macintosh, Sebastian Joseph, Andrew Brown,

There's some 5th and later rounders for you. Your computer broken that you needed me to do the research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, we hear this craptastic excuse every year for not addressing a position of major need, DT. Then we scramble and pick up some stiff and laud how good he's going to be and that brag that he's playing well when he's not. Same story every year.

How in the world can you not see the need at DT?

Would have loved Mo Hurst over Schultz. But Mo is not a 1Tech.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wants too much money and a long term deal. I'm thinkin he will sign right after camp cuts or an injury.

That’s what I assumed the issue was, so it would be a matter of whether he is willing to significantly lower his expectation, and if whatever we would be willing to offer at that point is better than what others are willing to offer.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
no. I like the guys we have..now I would add another dude to the mix.Hankins is still out there isn't he? No need to trade for anyone..but you get get this guy and add some girth in the middle.

You like the guys we have..... but want to sign someone?

Why give out a big contract when you can trade for someone? See how that sounds.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Price was beat down like a step child by FredBeard this week. Not a good sign.

Really?

One if the beat centers in the NFL right there. We'd have to give up a whole lot more than a 4th to get a guy who wouldn't be dominated by Fred

T-RO

Reaction score
A 4th for a starter is a no brainer. A 4th for a rotational guy is a waste.

All our d-line men are in something of a rotation. For a fourth round pick I feel we could get a DT that could start on some (but not most) teams.

He would provide long term depth and an immediate bandaid.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m gonna guess you feel we have enough to get by as it stands and that Irving will return as player he’s been?

Yep and I don't think Irving will have some sort of big drop-off.

Secondly the need for two "traditional" DT's is only necessary on sure running downs.

If any down doesn't look like a sure running down then they'll start moving DE's inside.

As of right now I'm not concerned about the DT spot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All our d-line men are in something of a rotation. For a fourth round pick I feel we could get a DT that could start on some (but not most) teams.

Of course if we couldn’t land a clear starter with a 4th, the next question would be if it would even bring a significant upgrade.