Twitter: Would you call the Bears about Nick Foles or Andy Dalton?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I believe we were 2-5 with Dalton last year. Foles hasn’t played well for anyone but Philly. He hasn’t looked worth a crap since that Super Bowl win. Granted both he and Dalton would be better than what we have but I wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for either one unless it’s a 6th or 7th.

willia451

Reaction score
No. If Dak goes down 2021 is over. At least the part where the Cowboys do anything.

Just accept it stop with the crazy talk.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nick Foles has done NOTHING - his entire career - outside of Philly. Rams? Stunk. Jags? Stunk. Bears? Stinks. What does it take to see that run in Philly was a fluke?

Dalton's Dalton. He's never done anything period. Got carried by a good Bengals defense for a few years. When it faded he couldn't do anything but lose.

Cooper Rush or Will Grier, who people seem to have forgotten, would do as much with this roster. (Which isn't much)

Motorola

Reaction score
There may be some others, but I'd hate to lose Dak for a couple of critical games with Cooper our only option. Who would have thought we'd be 5-1 just before the trade deadline. If we can find a better backup for a 6th or 7th rounder, it makes sense to me.
The Cowboys did this exactly 30 years ago - traded for Steve Beuerlein. It paid off, with Dallas returning to the playoffs after a five-season absence. Beuerlein subbed in for an injured Aikman (knee) and led the team to four straight wins going down the stretch to finish with a record of 11-5.

Mannix

Reaction score
lets get this clear!

they played with a patchwork OL, 11 different combos over 16 games, cwill was the only starter who played all games and the ol is key to an efficient offense..and Cwill this year maybe our worst graded OL...

period end of story

add a horrible defense , st s, and dc..even moore wasnt the same as he is currently.

this season a backup like dalton could succeed in this offsne.no doubt no debate

Look at Mahomes, tell me his most glaring issue for that offense.

its that new OL not gelling and not working well in that heavy RPO based play calls..they cant run , hes running for his life most plays...

what was the big issue in the sb, OL...

last year we had no viable OL, no defense, and bad play calling etc etc

not a year to judge dalton..

6-10 ,im betting dak played all year maybe we go 9-7, it was just terrible. also dalton didnt play of finish in 3 games , so all those losses are not on him.

like i said Dak makes us explosives' and dominant at times and we win big but we could still win much closer hard fought games with this offense as is right now with a dalton type.

cams an option but hes not going to be a happy backup, will try to prove he can be a starter and hes not great locker room guy..his ego, his need to be the guy, hes an attention hog, hes the TO of Qbs. makes him a bad backup..

its why a nick foles won a Sb , he stepped into a team on roll and he just steered it in the same direction it was going..

we all know Daks better then Dalton but that doesnt mean Dalton couldn't keep this moving in the right direction should dak go down longer term.it doesnt have to be dalton but he does know the offense, likes dallas, and would be a backup not trying to prove anything.
lets get this clear!

they played with a patchwork OL, 11 different combos over 16 games, cwill was the only starter who played all games and the ol is key to an efficient offense..and Cwill this year maybe our worst graded OL...

period end of story

add a horrible defense , st s, and dc..even moore wasnt the same as he is currently.

this season a backup like dalton could succeed in this offsne.no doubt no debate

Look at Mahomes, tell me his most glaring issue for that offense.

its that new OL not gelling and not working well in that heavy RPO based play calls..they cant run , hes running for his life most plays...

what was the big issue in the sb, OL...

last year we had no viable OL, no defense, and bad play calling etc etc

not a year to judge dalton..

6-10 ,im betting dak played all year maybe we go 9-7, it was just terrible. also dalton didnt play of finish in 3 games , so all those losses are not on him.

like i said Dak makes us explosives' and dominant at times and we win big but we could still win much closer hard fought games with this offense as is right now with a dalton type.

cams an option but hes not going to be a happy backup, will try to prove he can be a starter and hes not great locker room guy..his ego, his need to be the guy, hes an attention hog, hes the TO of Qbs. makes him a bad backup..

its why a nick foles won a Sb , he stepped into a team on roll and he just steered it in the same direction it was going..

we all know Daks better then Dalton but that doesnt mean Dalton couldn't keep this moving in the right direction should dak go down longer term.it doesnt have to be dalton but he does know the offense, likes dallas, and would be a backup not trying to prove anything.
Foles is just flat out more savvy.....everything else aside. But I would bet everything I own that Booger would choose Dalton because "we know him".....pfffffftttt!!!

Aven8

Reaction score
I would take Foles in a NY second. The dude will hang into the pocket forever and with our weapons he would go nuts.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Despite being thoroughly unimpressive last year, Dalton’s familiarity with our offense is exactly why he’d be the ideal trade target.

Thought he played well or at the very least better for a guy with no off season changing teams/schemes and no one thought he would actually need to play.

RicKospia

Reaction score
I believe we were 2-5 with Dalton last year. Foles hasn’t played well for anyone but Philly. He hasn’t looked worth a crap since that Super Bowl win. Granted both he and Dalton would be better than what we have but I wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for either one unless it’s a 6th or 7th.
I agree with you 100% !

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys who are touting Foles are simply not paying attention. Foles is 32 years old, and has had maybe a dozen good games in his career and 55 bad ones. He is not pocket saavy, as someone suggested, not in the least. He's a terrible QB who happened to have two good games at the right time.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Here's what's on the streets..........

• Rivers has admitted staying in shape but would only come back in the right situation.........translate, non-playoff teams or bottom feeders don't bother calling.
  • Cam recently said no question he wanna continue playing .........persona may bring more distraction than we need
  • RG3 .... a few years ago I would have said hell no but I'd take him over Cooper

https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/
I would have Rivers on speed dial if he is ever needed.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I don’t like the way Cam throws the football. . It’s Too hard to see if your receiver. There’s no touch no arc everything’s a bullet.
Plus, he’s a major douchenozzle. That alone makes me want the team to stay away from him.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
First of all we don’t need a backup of quality because Dak has a minor injury. I would stay away from Dalton and Foles because they have big salaries and would cost draft capital. If Dak ends up having a long term injury you just go with Cam because at the very least we would have a top rated running attack. Cam is still the second best running quarterback in the league.
As long as he’s not throwing much because that dude is an interception machine.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Rush is straight trash…worst backup in the league….I would take anyone over him…BTW, never should have given up on Mike White….not sure why Rush got 10x more leash than he did.
Take a look at what White’s done since being released. It’s not a pretty picture. He’s been waived and signed to the Jets practice squad more times than a mere mortal could keep track of.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Speaking of backup QBs, whatever happened to Gilbert? Didn’t NE pick him up or was that some other team? I wonder if he is with a team now. An internet search says he is still there.

I don’t want him back. Just wondering.

Maybe Gilbert was feeding Belichick inside info on the Cowboys and that is why the game was close. :)
Pats practice squad.

exciter

Reaction score
Incorrect.....a lot posters were advocating not signing Rayne to that mammoth contract but keeping Dalton as a stop gap until the long term starter was drafted or signed

Saying that many people thought of an over the hill, washed up backup quarterback named Dalton was to be the “long term starter” is disingenuous at best and just plain lying at worst.

This is what it looks like when somebody overplays their hand
Lol! Maybe try reading a bit more carefully!