Twitter: Would you call the Bears about Nick Foles or Andy Dalton?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There's a reason Cam is still looking for a team .........hell, even his old coach, Riveria wouldn't touch him when Fitz went down. I don't anyone questions his talent, he's just not every coach/team cup of tea (lol)
Cam is a odd dude. He will be successful outside of football because he fits well with these young people. I just think with our offensive line and running backs we could win a game in the playoffs with Cam. Plus he would be cheap and would not cost draft capital. Jerrah would bring him in for the circus.

Rivera is proving to be a genius for bringing in Fitzmagic and Hineke.:rolleyes::facepalm:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Twitter: Would you call the Bears about Nick Foles or Andy Dalton?
giphy.gif

nobody

Reaction score
Exactly my point ........but for some odd reason, Jerry and Stephen have a habit wait for things like this to happen before attacking it proactively.

It's the gambler in Jerry. He can't help himself. There were a few years that there was not competent backup behind Romo either. I have no idea why they decided to trust in Rush.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Speaking of backup QBs, whatever happened to Gilbert? Didn’t NE pick him up or was that some other team? I wonder if he is with a team now. An internet search says he is still there.

I don’t want him back. Just wondering.

Maybe Gilbert was feeding Belichick inside info on the Cowboys and that is why the game was close. :)

kskboys

Reaction score
It's the gambler in Jerry. He can't help himself. There were a few years that there was not competent backup behind Romo either. I have no idea why they decided to trust in Rush.
Extremely bad personnel evaluation. Hopefully, we're over that type of stupid crapp w/ McC and Quinn.

And a loud NO to the OP. Develop Will Grier, that's the kid who can play a little w/ some development.

exciter

Reaction score
Despite being thoroughly unimpressive last year, Dalton’s familiarity with our offense is exactly why he’d be the ideal trade target.
Unimpressive? There were multiple posters here advocating letting Dak walk and signing Dalton to be the long term starter all last spring. Apparently he was just as good if not better because he won more games or some such nonsense. Apparently he impressed someone!!!

rambo2

Reaction score
It depends on how hot shot Moore feels about Rush. You would have to talk to Moore about it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've never seen a strained calf that heals in two weeks. Dak's will be the first if it happens. I'm more inclined to believe they have Cooper Rush on the roster as the QB2 for a reason.
I'd have both Rush and Grier active this week.

If Dak aggrevates that calf on Sunday Jerry may want to think about Watson instead of Foles or Dalton lol. Half kidding there.

It does seem soon for that calf. Was wondering that myself but wasn't about to complain at positive reports.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Foles won a SB, no way I'd choose Dalton over him. No QB on the market is saving this team if Dak goes down.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
o_O
Only the media would think of something so hideous. They're both finished.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unimpressive? There were multiple posters here advocating letting Dak walk and signing Dalton to be the long term starter all last spring. Apparently he was just as good if not better because he won more games or some such nonsense. Apparently he impressed someone!!!
Yes, but those are the posters you should stop paying attention to. Simple agenda driven drivel.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd have both Rush and Grier active this week.

If Dak aggrevates that calf on Sunday Jerry may want to think about Watson instead of Foles or Dalton lol. Half kidding there.

It does seem soon for that calf. Was wondering that myself but wasn't about to complain at positive reports.
Watson has no trade clause. He's waived it for MIA. Serious doubt whether he'd wave it to be a backup in DALL. And then there's fitting his salary in. Not possible.

shabazz

Reaction score

Incorrect.....a lot posters were advocating not signing Rayne to that mammoth contract but keeping Dalton as a stop gap until the long term starter was drafted or signed

Saying that many people thought of an over the hill, washed up backup quarterback named Dalton was to be the “long term starter” is disingenuous at best and just plain lying at worst.

This is what it looks like when somebody overplays their hand

lqmac1

Reaction score
I mean Dalton isn’t any better. We saw that train wreck last year so I would definitely choose somebody different