Would you give up eating meat?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Could I give up meat in my diet? Yeah, probably. But, only because my wife is an excellent cook and nutritionist. She can even make vegetables taste really good.

We eat seafood 3 times a week and try to eat no meat once a week. Pizza would help make the conversion a little less difficult. If the pizza is really good, you don't need meat. Tofu cooked properly can be really delicious and is a good meat substitute. I had a really good salmon steak last night. It was better than any steak I have eaten with the exception of the one steak I had in Germany. Steak, I wouldn't miss much. Chicken wings and ribs, on the other hand, would be sorely missed.

Anyway, Americans eat way too much meat in their diets. Just reducing the portion size of meat would reap health benefits.

Anyone looking for some good vegetarian recipes (by a non-vegetarian) would do well by getting this awesome book: Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi

Bizwah

Reaction score
jwitten82;4576529 said:
Evolutionist is such a stupid word. Do people have to call themselves gravitationist?

Gravity's real.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I've thought about at least giving up meat from sources that dump tons a chemicals/hormones into it, but I wouldn't even really know where to start to find the alternative.

Plus, it's just convenient to just grab it at your local grocery store and not have to worry about figuring out anything.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
jwitten82;4576622 said:
Alright, so you choose to ignore facts.

Did you know that "the big band theory" they believe something came from nothing?

Kinda sounds like faith......weird

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...meat have to be tied to the environment for people to make choices?

Why wouldn't we deal with it on a health conscious equation?

Denying yourself something does you no good. Formulating choices based on your personal health beliefs is much stronger.

For our family we eat about 10% of our diet as meat and dairy. We buy the best steaks you can get your hands on when we buy them.

We purchase imported European cheese which our entire family loves.

Thanksgiving isn't the same without a Turkey.

Eat what you want to eat and do everything in moderation. This way you can enjoy everything and stay off the yoyo diets, the punishing guilt trips and not worry about what others think about your dietary actions.

The only suggestion I give people is to have an adventurous heart and try everything at least once.

Even I tried menudo while in Mexico. :ralph:

rocboy22

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4576677 said:
there is no other explanation for how we arrived at today and how we resemble apes to the extent we do

hey, speak for yourself!! haha

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jwitten82;4576613 said:
So is evolution

Then you believe we are just animals that evolved naturally correct?

Then anything we do is just natural ...... like a beaver building a dam.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Beef has killed more people than anything we know of really. Yet some people insists its great for you.

I eat red meat once or twice a weak. Otherwise, I'm eating chicken fish and veggies...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
zrinkill;4576693 said:
Then you believe we are just animals that evolved naturally correct?

Then anything we do is just natural ...... like a beaver building a dam.

except of course our brains evolved to the point we think, not just react like other animals, why that happened is unknown but at some point in the last 2 million years or so, our ancestors like homo erectus or homo habilis etc had brains that started to evolve to allow us to think.

jwitten82

Reaction score
TheDallasDon;4576663 said:
Did you know that "the big band theory" they believe something came from nothing?

Kinda sounds like faith......weird
Are you serious?