Would you have tanked for Ryan Leaf?

Johnny23

Reaction score
Notice how people are willing to tank for players they know with hindsight to be superstars, even legends of the game. If only foresight was as accurate ...
@OmerV I live in Washington State football country and I had a feeling that Manning was the proper pick. Just judging by what information was available and their dispositions as human beings. People knew Leaf was a knucklehead and could be rattled. Were even with Peyton and the Florida roadblock you could see there was something there. I think there was some foresight with Manning,Charles Woodson, and Randy Moss panning out.

jnday

Reaction score
We need to use our top pick on defense, specifically dline.
If Dallas ends up with a top five pick, it would be reaching to draft a DL first. This is a really bad draft for top end defense talent. The only way to get value would be to trade back and draft defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

GaseousQuarrelsomeComet-size_restricted.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If Dallas ends up with a top five pick, it would be reaching to draft a DL first. This is a really bad draft for top end defense talent. The only way to get value would be to trade back and draft defense.
Yeah. I was wondering what the DL talent was looking like.
Do you use a top 3-5 pick on a guy evaluated around 9-13?

jchap2k

Reaction score
I would hope they either go defense, or pick up the top OT in the draft so they can be ready when Smith hangs it up/gets hurt.

Swanny

Reaction score
I don't understand why someone would want to lose on purpose to draft a player that is not proven. Could put us back another 10 years.......
Lose on purpose for a different position and sign Dak. But losing is of utmost importance.... Seriously

Adreme

Reaction score
....so could signing a QB to a large contract extension coming off a bad ankle injury.

Ya or signing a proven QB coming off of shoulder surgery on his throwing arm or signing a QB with a HoF resume coming off of serious neck surgery.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It depends on your definition of tanking.
Do you mean everyone tries their best to win, but you emphasize playing young guys so we can have a clear off-season strategy? Then, yes.
Do you mean that we basically give up in order to get the #1 draft pick? Then, no.

And it's not a QB we are after. It's as much young talent as we can collect onto a defense that will hopefully complement an offense that will be fantastic next year.

Exactly, or maybe Peneii Sewell if you MUST go offense as we will need to replace TSmith sooner or later.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are few defenders that are worth of being top 10 picks. Maybe too early for a top 2 pick but not for a top 10 or top 5 pick.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nfl doesn't care about respect. They care if you tune in and that's all they care about.
I'm talking about the sport of football or anything worth working for. My dad never played football or even saw me play, but he taught to work hard and never quit. I don't like quitters. I don't care what they think about me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah. I was wondering what the DL talent was looking like.
Do you use a top 3-5 pick on a guy evaluated around 9-13?
I personally would. I think that' going to be the case anyway. Most of these mock drafts are all over the place when you get after the 1st two picks.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
there’s no dl pick there unfortunately, maybe linebacker but that’s a huge reach when a franchise left tackle is sitting there
I would grab Sewell (sp?) if I knew T. Smith was not going to be back, but otherwise maybe trade down for more picks. The Cowboys need a lot of help, especially on defense.