Would you have tanked for Ryan Leaf?

aria

Reaction score
I have an 18 inch scar on my right ankle. Had a complete reconstruction and ligament transplant with 3 titanium screws. Took me 6 months to rehab and it did not hold me back a bit. I'm sure Dak will be 100%.
18”?! That’s huge! Mine is only about 3-4 inches but I have a plate and SIX screws!

Broke my tib and fib plus dislocated ankle completely out of socket. Was able to leg press more than I ever have about 7-8 months after surgery.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't understand why someone would want to lose on purpose to draft a player that is not proven. Could put us back another 10 years.......

I would've tanked for Peyton Manning.
Especially if he sat across from me and said that if
I didn't pick him he'd come back and kick my butt for
the next15 years, as he actually said to the Colts while they
were deciding between Manning and Leaf.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree, but players are playing for contracts and a job. I don't think they want to lose.
With several of the players signing big contracts and immediately seeing their level of play drop, I really don’t have much sympathy for them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now ask us if we would have tanked for Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Wilson, Hubert, Burrows etc.
Man, you have to have a better argument than the idiotic one you just posted!!
Or Jake Locker or EJ Emanuel or Blaine Gabbert or JaMarcus Russell, or Marcus Mariota ....

Even of the ones you named only Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers have proved better so far.

Point is there is a gamble going from a known to an unknown, and while a team can improve its situation, it also can end up hurting itself.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or Jake Locker or EJ Emanuel or Blaine Gabbert or JaMarcus Russell, or Marcus Mariota ....

Even of the ones you names only Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers have proved better so far.

Point is there is a gamble going from a known to an unknown, and while a team can improve its situation, it also can end up hurting itself.
Unless you're a child you should know by now nothing is certain in life or the NFL Draft.
Now the situation you are referring to is a .500 team with 1 playoff win in 5 seasons.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?????
Sorry, bud the glass is half full and we need to go QB shopping and hope we get our own Hubert, Burrows, etc etc.
P.S.If you're happy with this team's results the last 5 seasons then I highly suggest you search your soul and see if theirs a Cowboy Star shining brightly within it?:oops:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I wouldn't tank for Leaf but I'd take for Lawrence in a millisecond. Leaf was immature and missed interviews with teams as well, whereas Manning aced his.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless you're a child you should know by now nothing is certain in life or the NFL Draft.
Now the situation you are referring to is a .500 team with 1 playoff win in 5 seasons.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?????
Sorry, bud the glass is half full and we need to go QB shopping and hope we get our own Hubert, Burrows, etc etc.
P.S.If you're happy with this team's results the last 5 seasons then I highly suggest you search your soul and see if theirs a Cowboy Star shining brightly within it?:oops:
That nothing is certain in the draft is exactly what I said, and my point. Do you have a reading problem?

By the way, the team is 42-27 with Dak at QB, not .500, but facts for you are always what you make up rather than reality.

Of course, your “it’s all on the QB” mantra has always been off base. No, Dak isn’t perfect, and given the right player, the team could improve at QB, but it very clearly could do a lot worse. There are more Jake Locker level QBs that get drafted than Pat Mahomes level QBs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't understand why someone would want to lose on purpose to draft a player that is not proven. Could put us back another 10 years.......

That's pretty much a good example of simply applying good sense. A rookie QB's NFL destiny has proven through the years to be an extremely fragile and relatively unpredictable thing. This version of the Cowboys is one that should rightly command resolving defensive issues, first and foremost. I'm unwilling to assume we'll even be able to get him, even if we were so inclined. Tanking is for losers. There surely aren't any guarantees Lawrence would end up being the cure for our problems. This defense needs help badly. Let's also see how Dak heals, before jumping to any knee-jerk conclusions.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That nothing is certain in the draft is exactly what I said, and my point. Do you have a reading problem?

By the way, the team is 42-27 with Dak at QB, not .500, but facts for you are always what you make up rather than reality.

Of course, your “it’s all on the QB” mantra has always been off base. No, Dak isn’t perfect, and given the right player, the team could improve at QB, but it very clearly could do a lot worse. There are more Jake Locker level QBs that get drafted than Pat Mahomes level QBs.
You're pissing into a tornado.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You get great text and your Dak blindness is constant as the Northern Star!
You are not a Cowboy fan you are a Dak fan.
GL cause come the Spring you will be changing fan forums!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You get great text and your Dak blindness is constant as the Northern Star!
You are not a Cowboy fan you are a Dak fan.
GL cause come the Spring you will be changing fan forums!

What in the world are you on about? Omer is definitely a Cowboys fan. Furthermore, he's absolutely right! The draft is NOT a for sure thing. It has NEVER been a for sure thing. I can give you PLENTY of examples of QBs who were very highly touted, went high in the draft, and flopped. Frankly, I'd like to know what YOU'LL do if Dak gets extended.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What in the world are you on about? Omer is definitely a Cowboys fan. Furthermore, he's absolutely right! The draft is NOT a for sure thing. It has NEVER been a for sure thing. I can give you PLENTY of examples of QBs who were very highly touted, went high in the draft, and flopped. Frankly, I'd like to know what YOU'LL do if Dak gets extended.

Another blind Dak-Zoid jeez lol....

tenor.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
More wee wee in the wind.

Which is the title of a little known, unreleased Fleetwood Mac song!

Wait... no it isn't.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You need a complete team to win a SB. The question is how do we build one. Their answer was to put most of our resources on offense, that doesn't work well.

You could sign Dak to 40 million a year but you need to be able to trade down and walk away with extra high draft picks to build a defense. And you have to hit on those picks out the gate.

You could if you pick high enough draft a QB, trade dak. Hope you hit on the new qb while also drafting defense then spend the 40 million on defense as well.

Either way you have to build a good team on both sides of the ball. That's why your QB has got to elevate skill positions around him so you can afford to build a defense. If dak can not do that then he isn't a franchise qb. If he can then he shouldn't need 1st round picks at nearly every position on offense.