Would you have tanked for Ryan Leaf?

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I would tank for Peyton Manning though. Secondly, it doesn’t set you back that far anymore. Look at the cardinals.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Another blind Dak-Zoid jeez lol....

tenor.gif

Funny. Any positive remark about Dak Prescott makes one a Dak-zoid, huh? I must admit, your posts are quite funny, even if we disagree.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would tank for Peyton Manning though. Secondly, it doesn’t set you back that far anymore. Look at the cardinals.
Notice how people are willing to tank for players they know with hindsight to be superstars, even legends of the game. If only foresight was as accurate ...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You get great text and your Dak blindness is constant as the Northern Star!
You are not a Cowboy fan you are a Dak fan.
GL cause come the Spring you will be changing fan forums!
Lol, and your posts are still void of substance. I suspect I was a Cowboy fan before your wet behind the ears, just fell off the turnip truck self was born.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, and your posts are still void of substance. I suspect I was a Cowboy fan before your wet behind the ears, just fell off the turnip truck self was born.
28706638.jpg

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We aren’t tanking for a QB.

You’re drafting a 10+ year blue chip LT who will play LG until Smith retires / injured. Sewell plays nasty and that’s what we need

I'd love to have Sewell here if there's not an effective defender that we can get in the top 5.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Now ask us if we would have tanked for Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Wilson, Hubert, Burrows etc.
Man, you have to have a better argument than the idiotic one you just posted!!
You think the argument for tanking is any better? Because unless you have a time machine, your argument makes even less sense

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We need to use our top pick on defense, specifically dline.
Nobody good on Dline in next year's draft that is worth using a Top 3-5 overall pick on.

Best to use that Top 3-5 overall pick on LT Penei Sewell. He would fill in for when Tyron Smith retires in the next year or two. In the meantime, Sewell could play Left Guard, thus placing the disappointment named Connor Williams as a backup.

Johnny23

Reaction score
We were abysmal in 1997 and could have played our way into nabbing Peyton Manning or Leaf. I wouldn't have because I already knew that he was going to flame out because I live in WSU country. So no I wouldn't have. I would have taken the best bet in Manning. But realistically given where we landed with that flame out season I rectify the Randy Moss mistake.

jnday

Reaction score
That nothing is certain in the draft is exactly what I said, and my point. Do you have a reading problem?

By the way, the team is 42-27 with Dak at QB, not .500, but facts for you are always what you make up rather than reality.

Of course, your “it’s all on the QB” mantra has always been off base. No, Dak isn’t perfect, and given the right player, the team could improve at QB, but it very clearly could do a lot worse. There are more Jake Locker level QBs that get drafted than Pat Mahomes level QBs.
That may be true, but it is ridiculous how fans are scared of moving on from Dak. There are other QB options and the least expensive and the best value is to draft one. Do you really think that this team can afford to rebuild and pay Dak too? There is no way that they can rebuild in the next four or five years when $40 million a year if cap space is used on one player. This team is such a mess as it is without taking a huge cap hit. With the exception of the WRs, every other position group needs upgraded and rebuilt. Dak is wanting a four year contract and I don’t see no way that this team can overcome the all the holes in the roster and the coaching to be competitive within that four years. The team will still be in a mess four years from now and paying a Dak is not going to fix that.