Would you keep it as it is or blow it up?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm happy to just draft a qb and have an actual open competition with the qbs we have. Let's see what happens.
If none of them separate themselves and impress you’ll be stuck picking your poison. Rush is an average QB who no one even wanted when we released him. Lance couldn’t even win the backup job in SF. If we draft a QB it would be later in the first round or later in the draft after all the top QBs are gone. You won’t be happy because with your plan the Cowboys would be lucky to win 6-8 games next season. It would be a tough go for the next several years searching for a QB if you were running the team. I would not want to go into business with you.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a reason why Jerry wouldn't hang up the phone with the Niners till a deal was made.
Soon you folks will be finding out why.................

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If none of them separate themselves and impress you’ll be stuck picking your poison. Rush is an average QB who no one even wanted when we released him. Lance couldn’t even win the backup job in SF. If we draft a QB it would be later in the first round or later in the draft after all the top QBs are gone. You won’t be happy because with your plan the Cowboys would be lucky to win 6-8 games next season. It would be a tough go for the next several years searching for a QB if you were running the team. I would not want to go into business with you.
I was including Dak in the group slick. Although I know Dak would stomp his feet and demand a trade if they actually did that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was including Dak in the group slick.
That’s even more ridiculous. :rolleyes: You want to bring him back on an extension, which will likely pay him well over $50M per or have him play out his current deal and count around $55M against the cap so he can compete for the starting job? :laugh: No offense, but football isn’t for you.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We struggle in the playoffs so let’s just blow the team up so we can’t even make the playoffs. :rolleyes: Let’s just tear it all down and try and build it back up. Glad fans don’t run the team. There’s fans on this board that would rather have top 10 picks every year than compete in the playoffs.
I'll never understand why you think getting a new QB automatically means not making the playoffs, means not being competitive, means we will be just like the Commanders, means we will have top 10 picks every year.......

I'd rather go thru what Washington did this year and draft a possible franchise QB with the 2nd pick this year than suffer thru yet another wasted year with Dak. We've had enough wasted years already. Only we get a bonus this year. We get to pay Dak!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Jebus.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s even more ridiculous. :rolleyes: You want to bring him back on an extension or have him count around $55M against the salary so he can compete for the starting job? :laugh: No offense, but football isn’t for you.
Yeah, make him prove it. Eat his cap hit this year and be done with him if he can't win. You guys are so terrified they might find someone better you dont even want him to have competition. You talk about going into business with me being a bad idea but I'm semi-retired at 47 and have run several very successful businesses. I didn't do it by being complacent and not taking risks I promise you that. No offense, but I wouldn't go into business with you either. I like success.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll never understand why you think getting a new QB automatically means not making the playoffs, means not being competitive, means we will be just like the Commanders, means we will have top 10 picks every year.......

I'd rather go thru what Washington did this year and draft a possible franchise QB with the 2nd pick this year than suffer thru yet another wasted year with Dak. We've had enough wasted years already. Only we get a bonus this year. We get to pay Dak!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Jebus.
The team will play harder for Trey or Rush as they are not underserving overpaid inept cap pigs.
@itch is his name (as per Mr. Diggs) and making money is his game on the back of his teammates no less.
Rush went 5-1 or am I wrong here?
The team will be in a better position with either Rush or Trey as QB 1 to kick off the season than Mr. LV and his handbags.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Unless you find a QB that’s just as good as Dak or better, which isn’t going to be easy we’re going to have a difficult time making the playoffs with the first place schedule we have coming up in 2024. Dak has been terrific in the regular season. Washington has been suffering through losing seasons the past seven years. The last time they had the second overall pick and drafted a possible franchise QB he went bust. You keep acting like franchise QBs are a dime a dozen. :rolleyes: The QB Washington selects this April may end up being no better than what they’ve had. In the past 30 years they’ve had two top five QBs go bust. They’re not even getting a shot at the top QB in this draft, because William will likely go number one overall. Andrew Luck went ahead of RG3 and although his career was short, he was a much better QB. In your mind all we’ll have to deal with is one bad season if we move on from Dak. Then we just draft a QB with a high pick in 2025 and we’re good to go. Sorry, but it’s not that easy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless you find a QB that’s just as good as Dak or better
Have you seen him play in the playoffs???

giphy.gif

Baker outplayed him. Yes that Baker.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, make him prove it. Eat his cap hit this year and be done with him if he can't win. You guys are so terrified they might find someone better you dont even want him to have competition. You talk about going into business with me being a bad idea but I'm semi-retired at 47 and have run several very successful businesses. I didn't do it by being complacent and not taking risks I promise you that. No offense, but I wouldn't go into business with you either. I like success.
Eat his cap hit and make him compete for the job after being second in the MVP voting and leading the team to a 12-5 record? :laugh: Like I said, football isn’t for you. :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Have you seen him play in the playoffs???

giphy.gif

Baker outplayed him. Yes that Baker.
Mayfield had one good playoff game then choked in the divisional round with two INT’s with the game on the line. If the Bucs weren’t in such a bad division, they would’ve never made the playoffs. You would rather have him next season than Dak? You honestly believe we have a better shot at getting to a Super Bowl with Mayfield? :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mayfield had one good playoff game
That is one more than Dak had this year. You can't win a super both with either.

The difference is next year one (the one that played worse this year) will probably be paid around $40M more than the other.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, make him prove it.
What the heck is he going to prove by beating out Cooper Rush and Trey Lance in training camp? :rolleyes: Is that going to prove he can win a Super Bowl? Lol

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is one more than Dak had this year. You can't win a super both with either.

The difference is next year one (the one that played worse this year) will probably be paid around $40M more than the other.
He beat a Philly team that had completely fallen apart. Dak beat the same team a few weeks earlier. Go with the cheaper QB and see how far you get. :thumbup:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eat his cap hit and make him compete for the job after being second in the MVP voting and leading the team to a 12-5 record?
Yeah, you're damn right. Stop being so scared of shaking things up. Dak has shown you his ceiling. It's a choke out in the Divisional round.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, you're damn right. Stop being so scared of shaking things up. Dak has shown you his ceiling. It's a choke out in the Divisional round.
You want to shake things up by eating his $55 million cap hit and making him compete for the job against a couple of QBs he’s clearly better than. :rolleyes: You might want to consider doing stand-up comedy. :laugh:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You want to shake things up by eating his $55 million cap hit and making him compete for the job against a couple of QBs he’s clearly better than. :rolleyes: :laugh:
If he's clearly better then it shouldn't be a problem.

Qcard

Reaction score
My question is....Would you keep it as it is... patch it up and run it back? or would you rather blow it up and try to rebuild it back?

Scenario 1 - extend Dak and some other players, then try to sign some FA's, and of course the draft, and run it back, hoping for a better outcome?

Scenario 2 - trade off all your valuable pieces such as Dak, Micah, Diggs, Martin, and Lamb, I can easily see a 1st rounder for each of them except for Martin, that could be potentially 4-1st rounders and more, plus our own 1st rounder which translates to 5-1st rounders with the possibilty of trading down and acquiring more picks...can you imagine the haul of players we could potentially get?

I know the first thing someone will say is Dak has a no trade clause, but I'm pretty sure if you told him, we are blowing it up and the players above are going as well, I think he would waive the trade clause.

I doubt Jerry given his age would go for such a plan, but if we hit on some players in the draft with that haul, it might not take as long as you think, Jimmy did it in 3 years just trading Hershel.

Blast away
I would get rid of Dak Haters the way Tom Landry die hards left...... :lmao:

lonestar2288

Reaction score
The FO has shown repetitively their inability to surround Dak consistently with necessary talent. Dak has shown repetitively his inability to win big games, or when lights are the brightest. We've seen their ceiling 3 yrs running, but by all means extend him and run it back. Just don't expect change for the better. Can I say unequivocally that young talent like Williams, Maye or Daniels are better/will be better than Dak? No. But you can't unequivocally say they won't. Same with a young coach like McDonald or Slowik being better than McCarthy. Difference being is who's brave enough to find out?