Would you keep it as it is or blow it up?

Big_D

Reaction score
No, moving on leads to being bad, which is what we need. Some top of the draft talent in here.

Jerry made our bed when he started drafting injured LB's and TE's in the 2nd. The holes caused by those huge draft snafus are the gifts that keep on giving.
The injured LB, RB at 4. etc Very stupid decisions with top end picks. It’s a catch 22 because this front office simply can’t string together enough quality decisions no matter where they’re sitting in the draft. Whatever scenario we hope for whether it’s stay the course or tear it down just doesn’t seem to matter.

Plus even when they drafted well their work in free agency was laughable. And like you said, they’re never smart enough to make the tough decisions. It’s an ongoing problem. Randy Gregory would still be here right now. That’s truly how pathetic this front office is.

kskboys

Reaction score
The injured LB, RB at 4. etc Very stupid decisions with top end picks. It’s a catch 22 because this front office simply can’t string together enough quality decisions no matter where they’re sitting in the draft. Whatever scenario we hope for whether it’s stay the course or tear it down just doesn’t seem to matter.

Plus even when they drafted well their work in free agency was laughable. And like you said, they’re never smart enough to make the tough decisions. It’s an ongoing problem. Randy Gregory would still be here right now. That’s truly how pathetic this front office is.
I was in extreme shock when we tried to sign him for like 7 mil. Why???????

We were so lucky DEN bailed us out. And yes, I said so at the time, no hindsight.

kskboys

Reaction score
We need to be bad? That's ridiculous.
Explain to me why you think it's ridiculous.

Being bad led to 3 super bowls in 4 years. Desperately trying to just be decent has led to 28 yrs of mediocrity.

So, explain to me how we would be able to become super bowl contenders w/o some high draft picks.

rambo2

Reaction score
Explain to me why you think it's ridiculous.

Being bad led to 3 super bowls in 4 years. Desperately trying to just be decent has led to 28 yrs of mediocrity.

So, explain to me how we would be able to become super bowl contenders w/o some high draft picks.
I think is ridiculous because they have a good team and will be a contender again this year. We will see if they can make the improvements that they need at center, linebacker, dtackle, and running back to get over the hump. It can go either way.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

We were so lucky DEN bailed us out. And yes, I said so at the time, no hindsight.
Think dallas was offering more like 14 mil a year. We got really lucky that Denver took him lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My question is....Would you keep it as it is... patch it up and run it back? or would you rather blow it up and try to rebuild it back?

Scenario 1 - extend Dak and some other players, then try to sign some FA's, and of course the draft, and run it back, hoping for a better outcome?

Scenario 2 - trade off all your valuable pieces such as Dak, Micah, Diggs, Martin, and Lamb, I can easily see a 1st rounder for each of them except for Martin, that could be potentially 4-1st rounders and more, plus our own 1st rounder which translates to 5-1st rounders with the possibilty of trading down and acquiring more picks...can you imagine the haul of players we could potentially get?

I know the first thing someone will say is Dak has a no trade clause, but I'm pretty sure if you told him, we are blowing it up and the players above are going as well, I think he would waive the trade clause.

I doubt Jerry given his age would go for such a plan, but if we hit on some players in the draft with that haul, it might not take as long as you think, Jimmy did it in 3 years just trading Hershel.

Blast away
It's a very good post because it is a very relevant question, and on the minds of Cowboys Nation, but I just see Jerry comfortable with play it back mode while the Jerry 12-5 machine can continue at that pace.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think is ridiculous because they have a good team and will be a contender again this year. We will see if they can make the improvements that they need at center, linebacker, dtackle, and running back to get over the hump. It can go either way.
We were not a super bowl contender. That's where your thinking is off, got it.

And you didn't explain to me why you perceive it as ridiculous.

Cmac

Reaction score
.....just needs tweaking at a few spots, including team mentality.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And no one cares about those teams.
Everyone of them has frustrated fans that care. I’m sure there’s fans in Baltimore and Buffalo that feel Jackson and Allen aren’t the answers. Justin Herbert is making a ton of money and fans in Los Angeles are probably having doubts about him. There’s several highly paid QBs that have had their issues in the playoffs or can’t even get to the playoffs.

Big_D

Reaction score

Plus Gregory wasn’t what anyone would consider a tough decision and they still couldn’t get it right. The Cowboys really take the “we like our guys” strategy to a whole other ridiculous level.

kskboys

Reaction score
Plus Gregory wasn’t what anyone would consider a tough decision and they still couldn’t get it right. The Cowboys really take the “we like our guys” strategy to a whole other ridiculous level.
And if we'd have thrown a 5th at him that would've been fine. That's where you take numskulls like him to see if you can get him under control. The 2nd was beyond ludicrous. Especially w/ Danielle Hunter staring us in the face. Or Frank Clark. Or a decent RB.

rambo2

Reaction score
We were not a super bowl contender. That's where your thinking is off, got it.

And you didn't explain to me why you perceive it as ridiculous.
Any 12 win team is certainly a contender. The Super Bowl winner looked like crap when they lost to the Eagles and the Bills.

jaybeware

Reaction score
Dak value is at his highest value now. To move off of him finding a team that wants him is a win. We won't have another chance with this much value for so many players on our roster. Having multiple 1st and 2nd round picks over the next 5 years is the difference between us and most of the emerging contenders in the NFC. It's time to be smart and not passionate for the good of the players as well as the team. Cross roads like this occur once every decade for most teams. It's our time to be right and just for all parties concerned. History is judging us in these moments.

Last edited:

Surfguy

Reaction score
What's the difference? We will still be the collection of misfit boyz who could not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We struggle in the playoffs so let’s just blow the team up so we can’t even make the playoffs. :rolleyes: Let’s just tear it all down and try and build it back up. Glad fans don’t run the team. There’s fans on this board that would rather have top 10 picks every year than compete in the playoffs.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
SF didn’t trade their 4 best players for draft picks to build their team, which is one of the scenarios you’re suggesting we do. :rolleyes: The 49ers got lucky with Purdy in the 7th round after they failed with a top 3 pick they traded the farm for. Had they not made that mistake they might have built an even better team that could have beat KC. SF didn’t move on from Jimmy G until they found a better QB. Most of the fans here want to let Dak walk, THEN start looking for another QB, which is a recipe for failure.
I'm happy to just draft a qb and have an actual open competition with the qbs we have. Let's see what happens.