Would You rather pay Dak $40m or spread it around on defense?

Polkton31

Reaction score
Dude, I’d like to stack the D, and look for ball hawks in the back end.

nobody wants to acknowledge the obvious problem, Dak doesn’t understand how to properly obtain wealth and power...

Just think about how low player salaries used to be, then think back to Dak’s intention to squeeze every single last penny...

Players used to get like thousands of dollars, and as the visual team leader, he’s unable to understand how to do business, with JJ of all people... I swear, I’d go and buy a Dak jersey if he publicaly left a few million dollars on the table, because he loved playing for America’s Team and wants to demonstrate how other players on the team can also follow his lead, so we could field the most competitive team..

Unfortunately, Dak isn’t capable of playing nice with Jerry, because he’s seriously worried about every dollar, while failing to understand the true score is winning a SB in Dallas.

He’d be able to easily make a ton of money for commercials, local spots, or an almost unlimited income running for profit businesses in DFW...

Hell, Roger’d be able to advise him about his realty business.

But nope, Dak’s like losing his mind over losing his precious money; forget about showing some class and setting a positive example for other players' he’s snubbing his nose at Texas busmess, which seems quite obviously is more valuable than eating a few million dollars...

Guy doesn’t belong in Dallas, since he obviously doesn’t bleed blue.. I can’t support a guy who’s more worried about losing a dispraportunatly small and insignificant aamount of money my more than his loyalty or desire to be a Dallas Cowboy...

I’ve gotta side with Dak in one respect; however, he’s going to need every single thin dime he can suck outta’ Jerry’s money hose, considering that no matter how much he earns, he’d likely never have the cash needed to buy himself a little class...

I've read some silly posts on this forum... But I have to say... This ranks right up there as the biggest load of horse **** I have ever read.
You say Dak doesn't know how to properly obtain wealth and power. :laugh: What is the "Proper" way to do this? Oh, and just out of curiosity... since you feel like you can give Dak advice on this subject... How did you acquire your wealth and power? My guess is, You have little to no personal weath, and your power comes from the keyboard you use to type nonsense like this.

You want Dak to take a discount, so other players can be obtained? Do you mean players like Adams, Griffen, Clowney, etc? Players who are looking for every dollar they can possibly get? While we're on that note. Did Zeke or Tank give a hometown discount for the privilege of playing for the Cowboys? Or does that only apply to the QB position?

When a person who is posting on a sports forum makes the comment you did, "eating a few million dollars" they apparently have no idea just how absolutely ridiculous that comment is. According to you... based on these comments... every player on the team should play for peanuts, in some symbolic display of loyalty to the star. So... now the team is suppose to become a cult, where people give up their personal belongings / wealth, so they can be a member? :omg:

Lastly, you talk about Dak needing every penny so he can buy some class. You know what's truly classless? Some guy like you sitting at a keyboard, pretending to know anything about what's going on with Dak's contract, while degrading the man, saying he should take less than what he feels he is worth, so he can somehow appease people like you, who really don't give a **** about him, his well being, or his family. What a freaking joke!

ondaedg

Reaction score
This is the problem in a nutshell. Either by our own or Dak's agents fault we have waited to extend him, letting the top two qb's of his draft year sign well before hand. Their salaries were looked at as crazy at the time, and as time passes QB salaries are rising and continue to.

Dak was a 4th rd pick, and the other two were top 2 overall. When we look at things this way, by no means should Dak sign for anymore money, and you can argue he should sign for less. We can argue all night who is better, but by default we sign Dak at the same time as the others he falls at their salary levels. Now what, 2 years later? Clearly the Cowboys are not convinced he is their franchise, so the waiting game continues. If I am Dak I sign the tender, play lights out then go all in. He will never have a better chance to have inflated numbers than this Cowboys team...which is why one way or another he plays and starts this year..

Didn't realize the Cowboys weren't convinced Dak is their man. That explains everything.

:huh:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are right... It really doesn't matter... we already know they will cave and give him whatever...
Like I said before... I loved Romo at QB, but wanted to smack someone in the FO when they did his contract. Dude never had talent around him like this team has, but it could have been a lot better.

Now, we are stuck with the same type of crap...

Look, I would love to have Mahomes for example, but I don't even think I want to pay him what he is going to get.

Dallas just doesn't have a good track record of utilizing talent in the best ways. Sure we have new coaches, but I don't know if things will change.

History kinda proves, we need a stellar team to get back to winning...
The thing I think most fans struggle with is this- the QB position is THE HIGHEST market value position in the NFL and it’s been that way for a long time and will continue to be that way. It’s the most difficult position to play and it’s the most difficult to find competence.

For that reason, IMO it’s really a waste of time to continue the hand wringing over the money Dak is going to get. Whatever he gets now, In two-three years it will be considered “a bargain” . It’s crazy but that’s just the way it is.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:eek:

Okay, but only clinically insane freaks would ever dare include Dak RE a conversation involving 8 or 22...

From 0 - 100, where 0 is terrible and 100 is the very best, both 8 & 22 equate to numbers inside the 90's... I'm not sure Dak's number eclipses 65.

Again, Dak won't ever properly belong in conversation with those two - simply ludicrous, Mayne...

Dak was 2 yards from setting the all time passing yards in season record for a Cowboys QB.

The fact that Dak has had success with Garrett as the Head Coach is remarkable.

Either Garrett was a terrific Head Coach with an awesome offensive scheme OR Dak has been a terrific QB to overcome Garrett.

I spend more time studying game footage and the coaches film than the vast majority of fans or media. Dak has been a very good QB and was terrific in 2019.

The Cowboys missed the playoffs in 2019 due to the defense. They faced 5 teams with top 5 defenses. Of those teams 4 or 5 didn't lose when they scored the amount of points they scored against the Cowboys.

The Patriots were the exception and that was a cold raining day with the Pats and Cowboys both scoring less than 20 points.

Girlyman, listen more, talk less and you might learn something.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was 2 yards from setting the all time passing yards in season record for a Cowboys QB.

The fact that Dak has had success with Garrett as the Head Coach is remarkable.

Either Garrett was a terrific Head Coach with an awesome offensive scheme OR Dak has been a terrific QB to overcome Garrett.

I spend more time studying game footage and the coaches film than the vast majority of fans or media. Dak has been a very good QB and was terrific in 2019.

The Cowboys missed the playoffs in 2019 due to the defense. They faced 5 teams with top 5 defenses. Of those teams 4 or 5 didn't lose when they scored the amount of points they scored against the Cowboys.

The Patriots were the exception and that was a cold raining day with the Pats and Cowboys both scoring less than 20 points.

Girlyman, listen more, talk less and you might learn something.
I agree with most of your opinion here X about Dak. But I could sure do without the personal insult to @Jeffkills, who whether we agree on his opinions in this thread on not is a great Cowboys fan. Differing opinions are what makes this place fly. Let’s save our insults for eagles fans, lol.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
In 3-4 years, whatever Dak gets this year will be less than several other NFL QBs who will be getting even bigger deals. Again, the pay scale for NFL QBs is way more than any other positions because it’s the hardest to find.

This and contract length has been put on the surgical table over and over and over. Yet, while some of you want to defend and get up in arms for Dak from so called, “Dak haters” no one wants to explain why it hasn’t happen yet. Then some want to say, well, Jerry and Stephen, said he’s the future (so it must be the end all be all).

What you guys preach just doesn’t add up with what’s happening. Why, because what you say is logical right? So then it should lead to a signed contract right?

It hasn’t. I’d rather you guys come out and just say “we’re just hoping it gets done” then I can understand where you are coming from. Instead of stories of how much you all love Dak. Starting with I love you Dak for your stats, accomplishments, leadership, accuracy, deep ball. All reasons that should have concluded in one thing, a signed contract.

Dak threads popping out like bunnies however,

1. Over a year in contract talks
  2. No contract till this point

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I've read some silly posts on this forum... But I have to say... This ranks right up there as the biggest load of horse **** I have ever read.
You say Dak doesn't know how to properly obtain wealth and power. :laugh: What is the "Proper" way to do this? Oh, and just out of curiosity... since you feel like you can give Dak advice on this subject... How did you acquire your wealth and power? My guess is, You have little to no personal weath, and your power comes from the keyboard you use to type nonsense like this.

You want Dak to take a discount, so other players can be obtained? Do you mean players like Adams, Griffen, Clowney, etc? Players who are looking for every dollar they can possibly get? While we're on that note. Did Zeke or Tank give a hometown discount for the privilege of playing for the Cowboys? Or does that only apply to the QB position?

When a person who is posting on a sports forum makes the comment you did, "eating a few million dollars" they apparently have no idea just how absolutely ridiculous that comment is. According to you... based on these comments... every player on the team should play for peanuts, in some symbolic display of loyalty to the star. So... now the team is suppose to become a cult, where people give up their personal belongings / wealth, so they can be a member? :omg:

Lastly, you talk about Dak needing every penny so he can buy some class. You know what's truly classless? Some guy like you sitting at a keyboard, pretending to know anything about what's going on with Dak's contract, while degrading the man, saying he should take less than what he feels he is worth, so he can somehow appease people like you, who really don't give a **** about him, his well being, or his family. What a freaking joke!

At some point you have to ask yourself, what are you arguing about? If it's true that he refused a 175M 5 year deal, why? What's the point? If he plays pretty good he'll see every penny of that. He's now worried that he'll be getting ripped off in his 5th year? Tyrone Smith took an 8 year deal, so it's not everyone playing that game, let alone the highest paid position on the field. The guy would have been making over 200 million dollars in a 5 year span when you include endorsements but there's still an issue. At this point it has to be pride.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with most of your opinion here X about Dak. But I could sure do without the personal insult to @Jeffkills, who whether we agree on his opinions in this thread on not is a great Cowboys fan. Differing opinions are what makes this place fly. Let’s save our insults for eagles fans, lol.
You might want to review his previous posts and insults directed at me, not that it's really any of your business.

Techsass

Reaction score
Yep, I can't read..

But to be sure, do you mean to insinuate that Dak's agent isn't asking for 45, in order to counter-offer down from an inflated initial bargaining position?

I'm pretty sure, most skillful negotiators start out asking for the moon, just to repeatedly counter-offer in "good faith," so as to "meet in the middle," while actually arriving at a figure they always considered ideal from the outset.

The problem with Dak's camp is that he'd poisoning the water hole, if he doesn't perform at levels that aren't even attainable, the entire team and most of the fan base will utterly hate him for decimating our teams competitiveness, for nothing more than his raw greed. I'd bet he'd sell Zeke and Cooper down the river, just to make a couple million more...

*Newsflash* Leading a football team doesn't involve worshiping money, and doing everything necessary to bite, claw, and scrounge his way for a few more dollars. It's pretty pathetic.

I thought the guy had high character, but his selfishness screams failure, and I fear he'll never even return to 2016 levels of play..

If you want to do it right as a Dallas Cowboy, you learn to play the game Jerry's been peddling with current and former Cowboys for decades, which is nothing more than simply playing nicely with the organization while leaving it all on the field. Nobody is going to sit here and claim Jerry hasn't always attempted to pay and overpay his guys. That said, Dak's apparently so self-centered that even Jerry, as deluded and senile as he is, can't even be convinced - that's a pretty impressive feat..

If Dak gets anything close to what he's asking, not only will be forever box himself into a future of unrealistic expectations, constant scorn, and unrelenting criticism, but he'll be subjected to this all while suiting up with an inferior team, just because he's apparently a selfish punk. People that blinded can't be trusted to actually give a crap about the team.

Show me a guy willing to give concessions in a salary negotiation like this, in honor and respect for the Dallas Cowboys, and I'll show you a man setting himself up to be an undying legend, with generational wealth so vast his great grandchildren will be trust fund babies...

Dak just doesn't understand Texas or what it means to be a real Dallas Cowboy, and he makes me sick... I wish he'd go back to that guy who said and did everything you could ask for in 2016, but that seems like a distant memory now...

You can't win with a player like that; I'm sorry to all the Dak supporters, but it's true...
Remind me which high caliber FAs did we sign while Dak was being paid his 4th rounder salary.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pay Dak the $40-45M he's so selfishly demanding or spread that cash around on the defense???

Imagine the players we could acquire for that kind of coin!!

dallas-signs-qb-andy-dalton-to-1-year-deal-1000x600.jpg

Please, Jerry!!! Please just let Dak walk for nothing and roll Dalton, then go out and spend that money on an ELITE defense...

Try to justify it anyway you can, but Dak simply does not embody the heart and attitude of a true Dallas Cowboys' QB1 - it's a privilege, and he doesn't have any business in that roll - to bad, he isn't able to look past his covetous desires as necessary to build up the entire TEAM, so he might actually win a SB..

Anyone who actually believes Dak wants a SB has got to have serious issues - he's obviously only concerned with one thing: his money, and grubbing for every single dirty penny he can steal from the team...

Please, Jerry - eliminate the problem NOW. Show all the players that being a Dallas Cowboy means more than worshiping money; instead, guys like Troy knew exactly what it being the DC QB1 is really all about - WINNING...
Lmao.

morat1959

Reaction score
:eek:

Okay, but only clinically insane freaks would ever dare include Dak RE a conversation involving 8 or 22...

From 0 - 100, where 0 is terrible and 100 is the very best, both 8 & 22 equate to numbers inside the 90's... I'm not sure Dak's number eclipses 65.

Again, Dak won't ever properly belong in conversation with those two - simply ludicrous, Mayne...
This!

morat1959

Reaction score

Let the dope walk. Don’t pay Dak.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You might want to review his previous posts and insults directed at me, not that it's really any of your business.
:thumbup:
All I can say is insulting fellow Cowboys fans lowers us to eagles level.

Polkton31

Reaction score
At some point you have to ask yourself, what are you arguing about? If it's true that he refused a 175M 5 year deal, why? What's the point? If he plays pretty good he'll see every penny of that. He's now worried that he'll be getting ripped off in his 5th year? Tyrone Smith took an 8 year deal, so it's not everyone playing that game, let alone the highest paid position on the field. The guy would have been making over 200 million dollars in a 5 year span when you include endorsements but there's still an issue. At this point it has to be pride.

You make some good points. I think it goes further than pride, although I'm sure that has something to do with it. The problem with Dak accepting less than what the market says he should, is it makes it harder for the next player up, to get what he is worth. The players and agents know this. They aren't about to just roll over and let the owners have an even larger piece of the pie than they already get. The other problem with accepting less, is the owners have no problem letting a player play out the remainder of their contract, even when they know the player has out-performed it. The owners have no problem cutting or trading a player either. Why should players be expected to be loyal to a franchise when they know good and well, that franchise would kick them to the curb, the second they fail to perform to an expected standard. This isn't the old NFL where a player often played his entire career with the same team. This players are nothing more than property to a bunch of these teams. I don't blame the players one bit for getting everything they can, when they can. The owners have been doing it for years.

Flamma

Reaction score
You make some good points. I think it goes further than pride, although I'm sure that has something to do with it. The problem with Dak accepting less than what the market says he should, is it makes it harder for the next player up, to get what he is worth. The players and agents know this. They aren't about to just roll over and let the owners have an even larger piece of the pie than they already get. The other problem with accepting less, is the owners have no problem letting a player play out the remainder of their contract, even when they know the player has out-performed it. The owners have no problem cutting or trading a player either. Why should players be expected to be loyal to a franchise when they know good and well, that franchise would kick them to the curb, the second they fail to perform to an expected standard. This isn't the old NFL where a player often played his entire career with the same team. This players are nothing more than property to a bunch of these teams. I don't blame the players one bit for getting everything they can, when they can. The owners have been doing it for years.

Dude, I agree with everything you say. But I'm a fan of the team, not players. I'll be honest, I don't care what players make. I only care when it concerns the salary cap. Because that affects the team. No salary cap, I don't care if Dak makes 100 million a year. Pay the man. I only start to care when it affects the team. Other than that I don't care if Dak plays for food stamps. He's not my problem. The hard salcap makes me pro owner because I am pro team, not player. I want my team to win. I don't care who plays for us.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LETS get this straight. Would I rather have THIS ^^^^dude at QB or DAK??

Polkton31

Reaction score
Dude, I agree with everything you say. But I'm a fan of the team, not players. I'll be honest, I don't care what players make. I only care when it concerns the salary cap. Because that affects the team. No salary cap, I don't care if Dak makes 100 million a year. Pay the man. I only start to care when it affects the team. Other than that I don't care if Dak plays for food stamps. He's not my problem. The hard salcap makes me pro owner because I am pro team, not player. I want my team to win. I don't care who plays for us.

I don't think any QB is worth the amount of money they make. I also don't think a hot dog at the stadium should run you $10 or tickets should be a mortgage payment. Unfortunately, that's the NFL today.

I also understand the salary cap. Without it, teams with large markets, would just out spend the smaller markets, thus giving them an unfair advantage. As far as being pro team, I am also. Do I think paying Dak an enormous amount of money would hurt the team in other areas? Sure. Any sane person would. Having said that... I still feel Dak is entitled to try for, and receive everything he can get.

As fans, we have the luxury of sitting back and saying, "Dak should play for less because it would help the team". The reality of the situation is, Dak owes the team nothing. They drafted him, offered him a contract, Dak fulfilled that contract, and is now looking for a new contract. Dak and his agent would be idiots if they didn't push for everything they could possibly get. I don't think Dak should take less, just so that DE, Safety, etc (whose asking for the moon also) can get signed.

Every time these players take that field, it could be their last NFL game. In fact, it could be the last time they get around under their own power. These players put their body, and future health on the line every weekend so people can be entertained, and owners can make millions and millions of dollars. Hell, posters on this site have said many times, "What have you done lately?" Owners say the same thing. Players are used up and thrown away. If I was Dak, I would be damned if I would give the Multi-Billionaire owner a break, just so he could buy another shiny new toy.

Perhaps you summed it up best in your post. {{I don't care if Dak plays for food stamps. He's not my problem. I want my team to win. I don't care who plays for us.}} Most fans feel the same way... That's why players have to get theirs when they can and ignore all the noise made by fans who could honestly care less about them.