Would you say you're legitimately invested in this team?

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I will always be invested. To me it's starting to feel like the late 80's before Jerry bought the team and hired Jimmy. A steady decline and rock bottom before Jimmy turned things around. The difference is it doesn't feel like the organization is invested in winning. The current systemic issues are deep and require an owner dedicated to winning and relinquishing control to allow that to happen. And Jerry will never do that.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You should try one SEC game, it is an experience.
I went to Florida vs Mizzou one Saturday when I was close by for the Cowboys game at Arrowhead.

Technically, that was an SEC game, but I would like to get to a venue in the traditional SEC (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, etc.).

Was dangerously close to going to an Ole Miss home game this year. I've been watching Jaxon Dart since he was in high school, plus Alex Brown (remember that name, he will be an NFL GM one day) is an associate of mine and is now their Director of Player Personnel. Alex is a die hard Cowboys fan as well.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
NOPE. I've spent way too much money and organ damage to care anymore. Staring at my signed Micah and CD helmets makes me want to puke.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not since the end of 2022. They are still my team, but without emotional or financial investment.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Not much anymore at all. The Garrett years killed my enthusiasm and losing in Arizona after he ICED HIS OWN KICKER was the last time I felt any kind of pain after a loss.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How are you feeling . Are you into this group? Or are you kinda just watching the games
I feel good. This is about what I expected. Anyone who thought our team would be improved this year with the turnover we had and the more challenging schedule(especially early) was delusional.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How are you feeling . Are you into this group? Or are you kinda just watching the games
I don’t understand the question. It’s foreign to me. I’ve been a Cowboys fan since I was 6 years old. I’ve been invested ever since and will continue to be.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don’t understand the question. It’s foreign to me. I’ve been a Cowboys fan since I was 6 years old. I’ve been invested ever since and will continue to be.
It’s very simple. There is absolutely ZERO REASON for any Cowboys fan to be invested or even watch. This is going to be worse than the season that got the greatest coach we’ve ever had fired.

Stak78

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I don’t buy tickets to go see them and I don’t buy Cowboy gear anymore. My only investment is that I still watch every game on TV.
I almost bought playoff tickets last year against Green Bay though. Really glad I didn’t.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s very simple. There is absolutely ZERO REASON for any Cowboys fan to be invested or even watch. This is going to be worse than the season that got the greatest coach we’ve ever had fired.
Yet, you’re here? That just doesn’t make sense. I guess you’re totally invested. :lmao: :lmao:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I swear to God, something about last season was most upsetting than usual; I think it was the feeling of insanity repeating.

But I swear, the “all in” comment and then NOTHING really really was upsetting.

I am not invested as usual, turned last two games off at half time.

Jerry really has sucked the soul of football out of me; I really feel myself rooting against him.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I want to be but I'm finding it really hard. Resigning Dak, and not only that but the way they did it, really took a lot of the hope out of me. I just feel like it will be more of what we've grown accustomed to for the next 4 years.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Not any longer - I hope they lose out. I’m praying to God that they do.
They will. It’s tank season. Whether it’s intentional or not, this team is going to secure that #1 draft pick. As long as the Bengals and Jaguars don’t get in our way.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Being legitimately invested in this team is definitely bad for your health. Been there, done that, got the T shirt and the tin foil hat. Now just watch for pure entertainment. After all, tough to not look away from a train wreck.

I feel sorry for you all who just began following them within the last 25 years.

CWR

Reaction score
The Green Bay playoff debacle kind of broke me. I allowed myself the idea that they might make it to the NFCCG last year (still thought they'd lose to the 49ers). The entire team laying down robbed me of any remaining optimism. Jerry's approach to the off-season sealed my fate.

No Cowboys road trips this year except maybe a 2 hour drive to Santa Clara (will buy a cheap ticket the day of) with zero expectations of victory.

USC gets all my money this year which included a trip to Ann Arbor this past weekend.
It's almost like you stold my back story in the first paragraph. This is exactly what happened to me. It's disgusting.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Indifferent. If they lose its expected, if they win its a mirage. But I think it's more towards ownership. How can I be invested in this team when they are so far removed from reality. Or they think the majority of their fans are dumb and they can tell them the sky is green. There is no excuse either way.