Would you take a 1 for Dak and a 4

RonWashington

Reaction score
Minnesota isn’t dropping a 1st just because the quarterback they just spent a 1st on tore a meniscus. The Raiders aren’t a playoff team even with Dak! What team out there is a legitimate playoff contender if they only had a QB?

I would say in both cities Daks an upgrade . You sure LV not a playoff contender if they could upgrade over the mustache ? :huh:

And in Minny Dak could mentor JJ . With Sam Darnold they are in a deep freeze .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Id be happy if teams would offer me such a deal. And i would jump it in a heartbeat.

Heck id throw in Zeke too.

But truth is nobody ever will pay you for this cancer.

Only Jerry wanted Zeke . The original Zeke loved the ex NE Patriot as a key piece in 24 , hmmmm ?

exciter

Reaction score
I would say in both cities Daks an upgrade . You sure LV not a playoff contender if they could upgrade over the mustache ? :huh:

And in Minny Dak could mentor JJ . With Sam Darnold they are in a deep freeze .
Just a cursory glance at the raiders Swiss cheese OL, no RB, no depth at DL and secondary of nobody’s I’d guess they’d be hard pressed to make 8-8 with prime Brady!

Minnesota if being realistic was already looking at this being a rebuilding year with a rookie QB. Why would they want to drop valuable future capital to support that QBs future now!

Adreme

Reaction score
I

Make him an offer “ he can’t refuse “ Plenty of high priced athletes waive no trade clauses. Minnesota just lost # 1 JJ McCarthy , The Raiders probably start Minshew . Teams are out there .
Minnesota is not trading a 1 for a 1 year QB rental. The Raiders are likely going to have a top 5 pick so they don’t either.

Creeper

Reaction score
Because we give up stars for a 5th round pick, why wouldn't we do it again!?
I wasn't responding to what Jerry would do. I was responding to what I would want. I never would have given up Amari Cooper for a 5th either. But based on that trade I can understand why people might think Jerry would get only a first for Dak and a 4th.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its not about what daks worth as a player. It's market value.

What do you think will teams give up for a qb from whom they know will hit open market next year?

If you say hey he will get a new contract. Well lets see first. Right now he has none. And why as a gm should i give up something for someone i can get for nothing.

Then dont you think other teams dont listen to his pressers? Dont you think they know he is looking for a really big contract and that he does not want to be bound for a long time?

Would you give up so many picks for a player who you have to pay a ransom and then is no more than a stop gap solution because he does not want to commit longtime?

Seriously i would not.
No team would trade for him without negotiating the extension first. I did miss the original point of the post, though.

Putting the logistics aside, the only team probably willing to trade for Dak this year and without an extension would have to have had Super Bowl aspirations and lost its starting QB and was shunned by Brady. I'm thinking like last year's Jets but even they went with their backup. At that point, I imagine someone would give up a first and maybe another player and or a lower draft pick.

I still think Dallas would be giving up too much if they went that route. Dallas without Dak would probably be good for picking in the middle of the first round. I don't see a late first and a mid first as enough ammo to move up and take a replacement QB.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Minnesota is not trading a 1 for a 1 year QB rental. The Raiders are likely going to have a top 5 pick so they don’t either.

My post is directed towards a team that can sign Dak , not just a rental .

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
Depends. If it's from a team I think will finish close to dead last, YES!

From a decent team, no.

Havic

Reaction score
No, that's too low for the "16th" or whatever the number was best player in the NFL who cant get to the NFCCG.

In reality, if we had a top 3 run game, I would entertain the idea for sure.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
why do people do this he has a no trade clause , NO FT clause nothing Dak has all the leverage . they will not trade him unless dak pushed it and he will not and he's worth way more than that....but give it a rest Daks dead cap hit and other issues also keep this from happening also note the commonsense part NO TEAM right now would do that this late in the game unless their top starer got hurt. if that were the pan it would have been done in march..it was not its over move on Daks opur 2024 QB1

just recently this is what Denver gave up to Seattle pays him big and then cuts him anyway..

The Broncos gave the Seahawks three veteran players, plus two first-round draft choices, two second-round picks and a fifth-round selection: eight players in all. Denver then gave Wilson a $254 million contract. Wilson gave Denver an 11-19 record in two seasons as its starting quarterback.Mar 4, 2024

you're delusional if you think that's all Prescott's worth ,if Wilson got all those picks, players, and still he got $254 million..lmao

id say daks worth a 1 and 2 plus the other teams' young player like DT or QB..
NFL GMs see the result of the Watson trade and the Wilson trade and know better than to take that kind of a risk. Those deals make future ones including multiple draft picks less likely to be considered or even suggested.