CZ POLL Would you want Kellen Moore hired as head coach if he were to leave after the season?

Would you want Kellen Moore hired as head coach if he were to leave after the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Nope, I believe playoff experience is a must to be HC in the NFL. That being said he has done a hella of a job and should build his resume here a couple of more years....
You want some playoff success as an Offensive Coordinator first? I think that is fair but if head coaching blunders ultimately cost this team in the playoffs, you really have to consider promoting Moore early. I admit that I find coaches hard to evaluate. We just don't see enough behind the scenes to really know.
What I wonder with Kellen Moore is if he has the leadership style to command a locker room and run the whole operation? Sure he appears to be a smart play caller, but there's a quiet energy there that I'm not sure how it translate yet.

Regardless he deserves a head coaching gig at some point based on the offenses production. However, I'm not sold yet that the timing is right for that step just yet. If I'm Moore I'm selective on that opportunity, wanting to see offensive talent in place and assurance I'm not inheriting a declining team. Otherwise he's taking a step back in a few years, likely with another new organization.
Good take in my opinion.

Xeven

Reaction score
Jerrah could retire and make MM the GM and KM the HC, Romo the OC.

unstoppable!

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
With our talent on Offense, we can replace our OC if he leaves, and not miss a beat. Keep MM. Let Moore leave , if he chooses to. No one has left yet. Moore may check history and see how Norv Turner fared by leaving, and then stay right here because of that. Jmo.

Heath

Reaction score
Make him the Asst Head Coach with the promise that he is next up.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think Moore is doing a great job, but I honestly don't think he's ready to be a head coach just yet. What I hope happens is Jerry becomes determined to keep him as our OC, and does so simply by paying him so much money that he turns everyone else down. The coach's salaries don't count toward the cap. Just make him the highest-paid OC in the league. Give him a yacht. Give him 10 go-go dancers. Whatever it takes to keep him on this team.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I DO wonder...how much of this is the genius of Kellen Moore and how much of this is having one of the most stacked offenses in the league.

btcutter

Reaction score
I thought it would be the best time to ask this question because the team is on a six gaming winning streak and satisfaction levels with McCarthy and Moore seem to be strong.

So the question is ..

If after the season, Kellen Moore receives a head coach (NFL or college) offer that he plans to accept, would you want to fire Mike McCarthy and hire Kellen Moore as the Dallas Cowboys head coach or would you keep Mike McCarthy and let Kellen Moore leave?

Yes with caveat of able to retain Quinn as DC.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I like seeing so much praise and worship of Kellen Moore. But 98% of you couldn't wait to get rid of him not too long ago, even after I told you to sit down, **** and patiently wait for the genius that is Kellen Moore and the Boise State Way. And now you grab onto the man's ankles like children. WTH is wrong with you? LOL just kidding. Actually I agree I'd like to see Jerruh work something out to keep him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Kellen Moore. But he’s in his third year as a coordinator. Big Mac has a ring and nearly a dozen playoff wins. If this team is doing well enough for KM to get an offer, Big Mac has probably had a good year too.

Being a great offensive or defensive mind and a great coordinator doesn’t automatically make you a great HC. Wade Phillips was a defensive genius and great coordinator. Not so good as a HC. I’m not saying Kellen Moore won’t be a good HC, but we sure don’t know for sure that he will be. Whereas if we do well under McCarthy and at least make the NFC championship game, why would we not want to keep his leadership around?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My answer of no is simple. I don’t want to hand the keys to a contender to a rookie head coach with only a few years of coaching experience.

Plus I'm not part of the Mike McCarthy is an incompetent boob club.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
My answer of no is simple. I don’t want to hand the keys to a contender to a rookie head coach with only a few years of coaching experience.

Plus I'm not part of the Mike McCarthy is an incompetent boob club.

Yep, no time.

Your Dak is a boob club keeps you busy.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I hate to say this but Moore is only successful because of the talent he is surrounded with on offence. He will not be a great head coach anywhere at this time due to lack of experience. I honestly believe he is creating rumours to drive his up his $$$$ with Jerry. Jerry will give him big bucks to stay with promise of head coach down the line. Why would Moore be stupid to leave an ideal situation?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he a Norv Turner or is he a Andy Reid?

Norv was the best play caller I've ever seen, but epic fail as HC.

That said, take Mike please :thumbup:

cowboyed

Reaction score
No

Being a head coach is way more than being a good play-designer

Whenever Kellen is ready let him head coach and bump McCarthy up to executive management, maybe GM if Jerry finally relinquishes those duties since he is pushing 80 years old.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry moves back to the forefront if Moore becomes HC. Super Bowl winner has more input than a learn on the job coach. Plus you then have another HC/OC vs the DC situation with zero accountability from one side of the ball to the other. Wade vs Garrett. That’s a big fat hell no! The team is finally headed in a great direction. I’d like him to stay as OC, but I also think the talent on offense will somehow survive if he doesn’t. They need to pass on making him the HC!

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Isn't that the only he could leave unless Jerry ok'd it? That's about the only position that would be a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.