CZ POLL Would you want Kellen Moore hired as head coach if he were to leave after the season?

Would you want Kellen Moore hired as head coach if he were to leave after the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Reaction score
Everytime I think about this, I have Sean Peyton nightmares. What would we have done had we kept Peyton?

the Sean Payton situation was very different because of every single crap decision Jerry made after Parcells left. A Saints Super Bowl win certainly never guaranteed a Cowboys championship. They needed a real HC AND smart decisions. Instead they opted for none of those things!

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes. I think his ceiling is pretty high and I wouldn't want to lose out on that.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
To me that is like saying, "I will tell you who I think is going to win after the game ends and I know the score."

That was the point of asking now .. to compare how people feel now to after the end of the season when they know how it ends (aka: have all data).

If you do not want to vote in the poll though, that is perfectly fine as not everyone will.

Waiting until the end of the season will make the poll much easier to answer for some fans, either way. :D
Not really

in this situation its how the team finishes would determine making a crazy move like removing HC who just got us to the NFCCG for green OC..so NFCCG loss Mike stays

now if the team collapses in the first round i could consider making move..

If we lost hard fought game in the last second in the second round well tough decision and most likely allow MM to try and finish what he started give him one more year..

bewp7

Reaction score
if he is ready enough for some one else to hire him as hc im not losing kellen over lame mike mccarthy who would be gone in another year or 2 any way NO WAY

really just has to hope kellen does not think he is ready and will just stay and learn here and take over in a few year

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Why fire a proven CEO because the Head of Sales had a great year...(doesn't make sense, huh?)

If your best rainmaker takes all his accounts on his way out where does that leave the CEO who was on the street before lucking out with said rainmaker?

Best companies know how to identify AND retain/promote their up and coming talent.

Especially if your successful product is dependent on that talent.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really

in this situation its how the team finishes would determine making a crazy move like removing HC who just got us to the NFCCG for green OC..so NFCCG loss Mike stays

now if the team collapses in the first round i could consider making move..

If we lost hard fought game in the last second in the second round well tough decision and most likely allow MM to try and finish what he started give him one more year..
Of course it is going to be much easier to form an opinion after the season, just like it would be much easier to form one now based on the record. If the Cowboys were 1-6 but leading the league in offense it might push people to Moore, or if the Cowboys were 1-6 and 20th in the league in offense, it would be much easier to say hire someone new.

However, the Cowboys are 6-1, on a six game winning streak and the satisfaction level is high with both McCarthy and Moore.

Of course no decisions would be made today, but we are fans and fans have opinions every day, not just when they have all of the data. If we waited for that, there would be nothing to talk about until after the season.

For example, if we knew the Cowboys had already won the Super Bowl this year, who cares that they lost 3 games in a row during the season then?

I am sure if I go back and look through your posts I will find several examples of opinions you shared where it would be easier and more realistic to wait until after the season to decide how you feel.

As I said though, if you do not want to vote in the poll, that's perfectly fine. Wait until after the season and vote in the easier poll then.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course it is going to be much easier to form an opinion after the season, just like it would be much easier to form one now based on the record. If the Cowboys were 1-6 but leading the league in offense it might push people to Moore, or if the Cowboys were 1-6 and 20th in the league in offense, it would be much easier to say hire someone new.

Of course no decisions would be made today, but we are fans and fans have opinions every day, not just when they have all of the data. If we waited for that, there would be nothing to talk about until after the season.

For example, if we knew the Cowboys had already won the Super Bowl this year, who cares that they lost 3 games in a row during the season then?

I am sure if I go back and look through your posts I will find several examples of opinions you shared where it would be easier and more realistic to wait until after the season to decide how you feel.

As I said though, if you do not want to vote in the poll, that's perfectly fine. Wait until after the season and vote in the easier poll then.
LIKE I SAID

NO

I voted NO without data its an easy NO

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This offense is so clever and so much better than last year. If I had to choose, I'd take Moore as a HC with a great DC. I don't want the Cowboys to lose Moore, young or not.

Cydios

Reaction score
This is a hard one.. The last thing that we wanna do is have Jason Garret 2.0 for the next 10 years. There's a difference between a leader and a good playcaller. Then again.. I would mind him getting a nice payday.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I want to keep Kellen as much as anyone. But we'd be fools to fire the head coach of one of the league's top teams in order to promote his up-and-coming assistant.

nobody

Reaction score
If this were asked a couple of seasons down the road when he had more coaching experience, I would say yes. But how long has he been a coach now? How long has he been an OC? It's laughable to think he's ready to be a HC.

Garrett 2.0 NO MORE HC'S IN TRAINING!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to keep Kellen as much as anyone. But we'd be fools to fire the head coach of one of the league's top teams in order to promote his up-and-coming assistant.
I think the poll asked about Moore as HC if MM retired, right?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'd stay with McCarthy because of his track record of success when he's had a healthy franchise QB.
His game management is lacking at times but he is an otherwise very good, proven coach.
The team has shown they can overcome injuries and adversity better than any time since Jimmy
and IMO you have to attribute a good amount of that to McCarthy.
Moore might turn into the next Peyton. I don't know, but I'd be willing to risk it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, don't think he's ready to HC just yet. There is a reason so many coordinators struggle in their first HC positions.

Some make too much of Payton when he was here but consider the fact he was demoted and his play calling taken away by Fassel in NY AND they improved.

Ask yourself this question. With this talent, how many OC's could make this work?

Blame sure comes easy with us on HC's and credit hard to come by but does McC not deserve credit for bringing this together as a team and building the confidence in them?

Kellen the Young seeks greener pastures, there will be a line of OC's for the job, if they don't have someone on staff to step in.

Are you seeing a lot of creative proprietary play calling or do those look like pretty standard plays to you?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Moore would be a good HC but I think it would be best for him season some more and build more connections. Continue to focus on the OC role for Dallas and eventually he would be the next HC for the Cowboys (2-3 years from now).

sunalsorises

Reaction score
That’s still left to be seen in late January.

What if one of McCarthys questionable 4th down calls , analytical strategies or poor time clock Mgmt cost us a championship ? Will his culture leading us there out weigh it?? IDK

Excellent point. I wonder how much influence Moore has in making these 4th down decisions.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I were Jerry, I’d offer Moore a jillion dollars to stay on as OC for about 3 more years. Then, once he’s watched McCarthy for that time, say thank you to Big Mike and bring on Kellen as the head guy.

That’s just me tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.