Wow, Larry Brown and the legendary Brad Sham Rips T.O.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2475614 said:
I am serious. You do not think Bennett will be better? I love Witten, everytime he catches a ball I just want him to go down, because I do not want someone to come along from behind and knock the ball out. He cannot shake the guys, I love his effort but he can never shake them.

Can someone ban this guy already?

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like Dave has no cajones and will not answer so let me answer for him.

He thinks TO is over rated and not worth the "problems". He admits Irvin knows more about football than he does and surely knows what a good team mate is.

Irvin is one of TO's biggest supporters. Hmmmmmmm?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2475591 said:
It's like this, Troy put the ball to were no but Irvin could get it, and if someone did try to pick it, they would get flagged for a PI.

The 90s team ran a timing based offense, and once troy hit that 7th , 5th or 3rd step in his drops, the ball was released to a spot that the receivers were suppose to be, and Irvin was.

These guys are different, Irvin and Troy stayed late after practice, tony and his receivers do not do that, when Practice is over they head for the showers and home, but now days they are obligated to speak to the media so that takes up time that could or should stay and work late.

The media was not as it these days back in the 90s.
Yes Irvin ran very discipline routes, he had to, because he was a whole lot slower than Owens. Irvin has said it himself that he wish he had Owens speed. Rice ran crisp routes because he was slower. I know it should not matter, but the guys that have speed most do not take the time to be disciplined route runers, because they rely on their speed, not craftiness.

But as I said earlier, Troy's balls were thrown so that Irvin could get there and if not break it up, but when romo throws his INTs they are right to the DBs, the receivers have no chance to break up the INT.

Go back and watch the games, I've said psoted this before, the past 2.5 yrs Romo's INTs have come because of him forcing the ball to Witten or Owens, and most of the time they would be double or triple teamed.

Interesting. I always thought WR had routes to run. Not play sandlot because they were fast. If you are supposed to curl shouldn't you curl?
If it's a post shouldn't you post? If your route is fifteen yards shouldn't you get close to that? The QB expects a WR to be where he's looking.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475704 said:
Interesting. I always thought WR had routes to run. Not play sandlot because they were fast. If you are supposed to curl shouldn't you curl?
If it's a post shouldn't you post? If your route is fifteen yards shouldn't you get close to that? The QB expects a WR to be where he's looking.

Wonder what the great-route-running Irvin thinks of TO's abilities?

Have any idea Dave?

BHendri5

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2475653 said:
You really are lost.

Would he still be the Cowboys Radio guy for all these years if he was a schmuck?

No.

He is a schmuck, that is why he cannot get good info anymore. I have been a Cowboys fan longer than he has been. No I'm not lost, I'm tracking real good.

BHendri5

Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:
dcfanatic;2475677 said:
Brad Sham was also talking about T.O. with Larry Brown today on his radio show...

Sham and Brown talk WRs

Wow. That is some great stuff from a legend in Cowboys Nation.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: what legend? LB? or Sham? whatever you have lost your mind.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475704 said:

Dave, we do run routes, but the one that have speed tend to not be as disciplined as the ones that do not have speed.

Example: guys that have speed tend to round their routes, and it makes it easy for DBs that are fundamentally good in their technigue.

You want all of your receivers to run good fundamental routes, but that does not happen.

You cannot beat fundamentals, fundamentals take you a long way.
Hard work beats talent when talent does not work hard.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Who's dat stretch da field guy? Maybe dey don't have one, or maybe it's Miles Austin...it sure as hell couldn't be TERRELL OWENS, the man who is an elite receiver these days because of his deep receiving and his deep receiving ALONE. No, couldn't be that.

Larry Brown is so smart. He should post on this forum.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Rampage;2475216 said:
I'm no T.O. defender but how is the 1st pick his fault? there was 3 guys around Owens.
its has to be T.O.'s fault...have'nt you been watching?...just kidding...fact is Romo was all over the place on any pass beyond 15 yards in the first half...he kept running back and forth to the heater like a man more concerned about staying warm than engineering a drive...heck maybe the ball he forced to Williams would've also not have been his fault with Bennett running free uncovered...Romo seems to have regressed somewhat in his reading of defenses...maybe the one he forced against Seattle also...everytime Romo tries to outgun coverage it ends up being the WR fault and i think this is beginning to stink of a cop-out...Romo has an INT problem and he has'nt improved on it...until he does, this team won't take the next step...time for some tough love with this guy.

I have the same grievance with Drew Brees, who's everyones darling but i watch this guy every week in louisiana and he has that same propensity for throwing picks at inopportune times in big games.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
TO is one of the greatest WRs to play the game and we should enjoy what we have in him while we have it.

Witten is one of the greatest TEs to ever play at this level... no question.

Bennett is super talented and leaves us stacked at TE. I see an abundance of 2 TE sets in our future and ridiculous mismatches created as a result.

If you say TO isn't worth is and should be gone c'mere.. I need to drug test you.

If you say Bennett is anywhere close to being is the same conversation as Witten cmere.. I need to drug test you too.

That is all.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2477477 said:
TO is one of the greatest WRs to play the game and we should enjoy what we have in him while we have it.

Witten is one of the greatest TEs to ever play at this level... no question.

Bennett is super talented and leaves us stacked at TE. I see an abundance of 2 TE sets in our future and ridiculous mismatches created as a result.

If you say TO isn't worth is and should be gone c'mere.. I need to drug test you.

If you say Bennett is anywhere close to being is the same conversation as Witten cmere.. I need to drug test you too.

That is all.

:lmao2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2475274 said:
Where does this "terrible player" rank in all time catches? TDs? Yards?

Man, all them other wrs in NFL history must have really sucked...

no, but no other WR has been quite the physical freak that TO is

dude is a tremendous talent, and I think he's gotten away with just being extremely talented

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2477491 said:
no, but no other WR has been quite the physical freak that TO is

dude is a tremendous talent, and I think he's gotten away with just being extremely talented

Talent and how about being one the hardest practicing players in the league?

30yrheel

Reaction score
it seems that all the 90's players don't like TO, must be a reason.