Wow, Larry Brown and the legendary Brad Sham Rips T.O.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2475490 said:
How can any of you believe that those two knew what they were talking about, they did more hemming and hawwing than anything.

Here: LB and and and and and , uh let me say this, come on people, they are just like you, talking off of what they believe to be true, you saw the game just like they did, be more incline to believe what your eyes saw than what those guys say. Really they get no more info than you.

LB, keeps going back to the 90s, team but this is no longer the 90s, Tony is not Troy, Garrett is not Norv and we do not run the same exact offense, the offense this team runs is a variation 4 different styles, Norv's Peyton's, Gruden's and Sporano's and whatever Jason has put in, so maybe 5 styles.

LB, need to quit, everytime he talks his hate for T.O. comes out. No Owens is not Irvin, if you have noticed when ever Romo throws his INts, his receivers never have a chance to even fight for the ball let alone break up an INT.

It was bad play calling and bad QB play, and a few minutes of let down by the defense, that lost that game.

Why would you not do a QB sneak on 4th and inches, all Romo had to do was fall forward, I knew Anderson would not get that first down, because it would take too long, Romo could have rcvd the snap and fell forward.

You have to take alot of it with a grain of salt. They do have some points though. Irvin faught for every ball, owens doesn't. Irvin ran crisp routes every time , owens doesn't. It wasn't bad stuff really.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475503 said:
You have to take alot of it with a grain of salt. They do have some points though. Irvin faught for every ball, owens doesn't. Irvin ran crisp routes every time , owens doesn't. It wasn't bad stuff really.

BTW-ironically, you just made post #81 on this thread.;)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2475498 said:
And do you think he agrees with your assessment of TO? Do you think Mike thinks he should be cut? Do you think Mike thinks his "antics" are worth it or not? He's one of the best ever, he knows more than you- right?

You like to ask questions- answer these.

Isn't it past your bed time?

Think of some stuff on your own, then get back to me.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
BHendri5;2475499 said:
I would dump witten, Bennett is next in line

Not that you were credible in the least to begin with, but you're making yourself look like an idiot.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475511 said:
Isn't it past your bed time?

Think of some stuff on your own, then get back to me.

Weak juvenile response...

Who was one of the biggest proponent of bring TO here?

C'mon, I know you can answer...

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2475508 said:
You fan status should be revoked if you are serious.

:lmao2: OMG, you nailed that one! Bennett is a rookie who's HOPING to become one of the best while Witten is already ONE OF THE BEST and the greatest in Cowboys history.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2475510 said:
BTW-ironically, you just made post #81 on this thread.;)

Oh great, now I gotta puke. See how enamoured with 81 you are?:laugh1:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2475516 said:
Weak juvenile response...

Who was one of the biggest proponent of bring TO here?

C'mon, I know you can answer...

Dude we are trying to have a grown up conversation.
Did your parents teach you any thing?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Boysboy;2475500 said:
So Sham and Brown go from saying how TO is killing our season one minute, to the next saying how this coaching staff and QB pale in comparison to the 90's people, which is why we're not having success?

Does this make sense?:confused:

NO, that is why I listen to those guys, because I love just to hear cowboys talk, but I never take anything to heart from them, expecially Brown, my son plays better CB than he ever did, and Sham burnt me once with info that I thought was legit from him, because he is the voice of the Cowboys.

But to be real honest, I ssee them as people like us, and they do not impress me as far as their football knowledge, I would love to sit with them and shut them up, they do not know more, and I like picking apart their arguments

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475527 said:
Dude we are trying to have a grown up conversation.
Did your parents teach you any thing?

Insulting me just shows your inability to reconcile what you know Irvin knows (and he knows more than you) versus what you have been whining about.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Aw c'mon Dave...

Show me how mature you are and tell me if Irvin's thoughts on TO are closer to mine than yours without insulting me.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475503 said:

It's like this, Troy put the ball to were no but Irvin could get it, and if someone did try to pick it, they would get flagged for a PI.

The 90s team ran a timing based offense, and once troy hit that 7th , 5th or 3rd step in his drops, the ball was released to a spot that the receivers were suppose to be, and Irvin was.

These guys are different, Irvin and Troy stayed late after practice, tony and his receivers do not do that, when Practice is over they head for the showers and home, but now days they are obligated to speak to the media so that takes up time that could or should stay and work late.

The media was not as it these days back in the 90s.
Yes Irvin ran very discipline routes, he had to, because he was a whole lot slower than Owens. Irvin has said it himself that he wish he had Owens speed. Rice ran crisp routes because he was slower. I know it should not matter, but the guys that have speed most do not take the time to be disciplined route runers, because they rely on their speed, not craftiness.

But as I said earlier, Troy's balls were thrown so that Irvin could get there and if not break it up, but when romo throws his INTs they are right to the DBs, the receivers have no chance to break up the INT.

Go back and watch the games, I've said psoted this before, the past 2.5 yrs Romo's INTs have come because of him forcing the ball to Witten or Owens, and most of the time they would be double or triple teamed.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2475571 said:
Aw c'mon Dave...

Show me how mature you are and tell me if Irvin's thoughts on TO are closer to mine than yours without insulting me.

He can't answer...
:lmao2: :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
If he would just stop sulking when he's not getting the ball, that would help.

http://img67.*************/img67/4148/ch21sundec72008060355pmdt6.jpg

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2475508 said:
You fan status should be revoked if you are serious.

I am serious. You do not think Bennett will be better? I love Witten, everytime he catches a ball I just want him to go down, because I do not want someone to come along from behind and knock the ball out. He cannot shake the guys, I love his effort but he can never shake them.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2475216 said:
I'm no T.O. defender but how is the 1st pick his fault? there was 3 guys around Owens.

Not saying the pass would have been completed, but if he keeps running he can at least fight for the ball.

The second INT was not his fault at all.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2475307 said:
No, I'm right about Sham. I thought the guy was a legit guy to get info from, but if you want to believe everything he says ga ahead, all it took was once for me, I'll stick with my own opinon and info from players and someone like Irvin whom I know has the inside.

You really are lost.

Would he still be the Cowboys Radio guy for all these years if he was a schmuck?

No.