WR by committee didn't work, will RB by committee work?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You know what is funny, Trey Lance is probably our most explosive runner. I hope the Cowboys have package for him to run the football.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would love to have an RB by committee if the committee was full of good RBs.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK I read we were 3rd in receiving yds and 14 in rushing .
Not too bad in my book, that's with a RB who wasn't healed until the final weeks of the season

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
‘If you’ve got 2 quarterbacks, you’ve got none.” — John Madden

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It can work, but it won’t with this group. Our best RB is an over the hill Zeke Elliott.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Generally. Average or below average players, play average or below average football even if you have 5 of them...

Reminds of the great thinking of keeping guys around who suck like corey proctor because of his "position flex" lol. i can be bad at all 22 starting spots, if you're looking for the ultimate versatility!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of teams these days are using an RB by committee with at least 2 backs. The riggers of carrying the entire load adds to the wear and tear of backs. A couple of years ago the Zeke and Pollard combo wasn’t too bad at least earlier in the season. However, the committee of backs we have currently looks dismal. For a committee to work you need one top flight back or at least a couple of real solid ones. We have a committee of average backs.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I know it's two different positions, but when you have too many of something in football you don't have anything!! Who gets the start, who gets the most touches, who is able to find a rhythm? I think we're doing ourselves a disservice to this season by counting on multiple RBS to do the job. The easy way would be to get a starter, and have a solid back up/change of pace back.

I don't see this working, but who knows. Please give your thoughts
No, and they will be scrambling to find a decent runner when Rico goes down and Zeke shows no burst.

It's so stupidly predictable and completely unnecessary. What a joke.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I know it's two different positions, but when you have too many of something in football you don't have anything!! Who gets the start, who gets the most touches, who is able to find a rhythm? I think we're doing ourselves a disservice to this season by counting on multiple RBS to do the job. The easy way would be to get a starter, and have a solid back up/change of pace back.

I don't see this working, but who knows. Please give your thoughts
Well with the rb committee you dont have a QB that has to throw the ball. so it has a higher chance to work.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nothing by committee works for the Cowboys. Mike McCarty is shooting himself in the foot for allowing this. Folks enjoy the HC change in 2025.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
It's just so dumb RB is the easiest and one of the cheapest if not the cheapest position in the NFL to get a good player. But they couldn't bother in free agency or the draft. No this will not work with Zeke and guys off the street.
I don't know how you forgot about Nate Peat - RB, Missouri. ;)

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Wasn’t for the two playing in the SB last year. Run CMc was 2nd in carries and after Pacheco’s 205 carries the next RB was CE-H with 70. Maybe it depends on your definition of committee?
Both of those teams also had formiable passing games. They are the exception to where the modern game has shifted.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Banking on outliers to work out for you is doomed to failure. You can't plan to win the lottery. Plus, you need actual quality RBs to even make this fantasy work moderately.
lol what. We aren’t talking outliers here. It’s not the lottery. Teams have won in this league with bellcows and committees. Any attempt to argue with this is just plain wrong.

And of course you need good running backs. I acknowledged as such if you had actually bothered to read my post.