Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

Phoenix

Reaction score
I predict that yes, the briefcase will be cashed in on Sunday night. I'm not necessarily saying that Seth walks into Raw as The Champ, but maybe there is some kind of screw job / interference or something that happens, leaving Seth seething. Seething Seth. Shameless Seamus. Hmm.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Latest Mania talk:

* The Andre the Giant battle royal has been moved to the PRE-SHOW (along with the 4-way tag team doubles championship). If you tune in just in time for Mania Proper and want to see the Battle Royal, you are out of luck.

* HHH - his entrance for the Sting match up is heavily Terminator....apparently there will be scenes from the new movie involved in his entrance, and supposedly HHH will be wearing the black T jacket from the first film, etc. etc.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I predict that yes, the briefcase will be cashed in on Sunday night. I'm not necessarily saying that Seth walks into Raw as The Champ, but maybe there is some kind of screw job / interference or something that happens, leaving Seth seething. Seething Seth. Shameless Seamus. Hmm.

Go Seth!

Hope they drop those 2 goofs that are with him.

Lame!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
BTW...guys..if any of you gentleman can post here Sunday with results I'd appreciate it!

I will be wanting to know but I have to work.

Phoenix

Reaction score
BTW...guys..if any of you gentleman can post here Sunday with results I'd appreciate it!

I will be wanting to know but I have to work.

We can do that but there are multiple pro wrestling sites out there that will have running up to the minute blog's about what is going on...

Phoenix

Reaction score
Go Seth!

Hope they drop those 2 goofs that are with him.

Lame!

I saw a post recently comparing Roman Reigns and what WWE (cough cough VINCE cough cough) is trying to do with him now, to what WWE (cough cough VINCE cough cough) tried to do for two years (93 / 94) with Lex Luger. They quickly realized the huge mistake with Lex and moved him quickly back to the mid-card, effectively ending whatever shot at being The Guy that Lex ever had.

Same thing might be about to happen with Reigns..........

CashMan

Reaction score
I saw a post recently comparing Roman Reigns and what WWE (cough cough VINCE cough cough) is trying to do with him now, to what WWE (cough cough VINCE cough cough) tried to do for two years (93 / 94) with Lex Luger. They quickly realized the huge mistake with Lex and moved him quickly back to the mid-card, effectively ending whatever shot at being The Guy that Lex ever had.

Lex, could not wrestle, can Reigns? Reigns needs someone to teach him charisma. I think Brock and Reigns, are almost mirrors of each other, physically intimidating, but lack charisma.

I know, Vince tried to pass the torch from Hulk to Lex, but Lex sucked.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Lex, could not wrestle, can Reigns? Reigns needs someone to teach him charisma. I think Brock and Reigns, are almost mirrors of each other, physically intimidating, but lack charisma.

I know, Vince tried to pass the torch from Hulk to Lex, but Lex sucked.

Not saying that Reigns sucks... in fact it's not me saying any of this, I'm just quoting from posts...stuff like this:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/3...an-reigns-wrestlemania-31-plans-vince-mcmahon

Rumors for the Day:
  • MetsFan4Ever was back on Reddit last night claiming Brock Lesnar's new deal is three years at $3 million a year. He also said that Vince McMahon is "on board" with the idea of Lesnar retaining the WWE world heavyweight title while claiming Roman Reigns is now being compared to Lex Luger and his failed push in 1994.
  • That being said, Dave Meltzer has stated that the dollar amount on the contract is incorrect, and Vince is still "very high" on Reigns.
  • In addition to all that, Vince is apparently the only one involved in the finish of Lesnar vs. Reigns. Meltzer said Triple H may have some influence, and it's possibly he could take input from Paul Heyman, but that's it. So whatever the idea is, and Vince isn't telling anyone at all, apparently, it will be all on Vince.
  • While there is plenty of talk of Finn Balor getting called up to the main WWE roster very soon he is still set for NXT programming through May.
  • The Observer notes that Lucha Underground is planning a major show that would be something like that promotion's version of WrestleMania for sometime in the summer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.

small_cagesideseats.com.minimal.png

More from Cageside Seats

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've read that before and thought history was repeating itself.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1P Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (c) (with Natalya) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) (with El Torito) vs. The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods) vs. The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) (with Naomi) KIDD & CESARO

2 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns LESNER

3 Sting vs. Triple H STING

4 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal*** MIZDOW

5 Bad News Barrett (c) vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan BRYAN

6 Rusev (c) (with Lana) vs. John Cena CENA

7 AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins (Brie Bella and Nikki Bella) AJ & PAIGE

8 The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt WYATT

9 Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury) ORTON

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Kidd and Cesaro make the most sense, WWE needs to do a better job with the tag team division.

Brock better win.....Reigns has no charisma or mic skills. At least Lesnar can blow steam out of his nose like a charging bull, plus he has Heyman to talk for him.

I am a John Cena fan. However, I would love for him to lose via blackout, the way Stone Cold did to Brett Hart. I would like to see a good hard fought match, but in the end, Rusev cheap shots Cena while the ref is distracted by the bimbo.....Rusev then finishes putting Cena out with a submission move. Cena never quits or gets pinned, but still loses.....allowing the feud to continue, at least until Summerslam. This gives Rusev the push he needs to ascend toward main even status. Then after Summerslam, allow the feud to cool down a bit, maybe revisiting it next year during the drive to WrestleMania.

Battle Royal....Mizdow would be the smart choice, but the WWE hasn't been all that smart lately........a dark horse would be the totally out of nowhere return of CM Punk, but we all know that ship has completely sailed.

Sting better win.....but not only beat HHH, but beatdown the entire Authority in the process.

Ladder Match.....Ambrose, Ziggler, or Bryan......tough call to choose winner. However, I see Bryan winning and getting chance to get back the title he never lost

Girls match.......AJ and Paige are the better in ring performers, not sure where the angles have gone as of late.....I will pick the Bella Twins

Undertaker vs Wyatt...........now that the streak is over, who cares. Undertaker is so old and can hardly perform. It is unfortunate this match couldn't have happened 5-6 years ago.....it would have been epic. I pick the Undertaker to win what will hopefully be his final WWE match.

Orton vs Rollins. If this happens before the Lesnar match, Orton will win via DQ. Rollins will then cash in his MITB case and attack Lesnar after is extremely physical match and walk out as the new Champ (if he hasn't cashed it in yet......I haven't watched in a few weeks)......if the match is after the Lesnar match, Rollins still cashes in the case, and wins the title. However, when he fights Orton, he loses the match and the title......Orton walks out as the Champ......and Sting joins him in the ring to raise his hand as the entire authority stare in disbelief from the stage.......show over

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if the match is after the Lesnar match, Rollins still cashes in the case, and wins the title. However, when he fights Orton, he loses the match and the title......Orton walks out as the Champ......and Sting joins him in the ring to raise his hand as the entire authority stare in disbelief from the stage.......show over

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
won't the Orton/Seth match be before the championship match?

so I'm not seeing how Randy could be champ?

maybe I am missing something!

Go Seth!

Phoenix

Reaction score
I keep reading he isn't coming back until Monday Night Raw. Yes as a heel and I'm more than fine with that.

I still think Sheamus reappears tonight at Mania and turns heel by doing something to Orton, causing him to lose.

I mean, what better way to welcome a new heel as a replacement member of "The Authority" for, hey, Orton!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
won't the Orton/Seth match be before the championship match?

so I'm not seeing how Randy could be champ?

maybe I am missing something!

Go Seth!

I gave two scenarios, since I don't know the order of the match.

scenario 1: before Brock vs Roman
Orton will win via DQ. Later in the PPV, Rollins will then cash in his MITB case and attack Lesnar after is extremely physical match and walk out as the new Champ (if he hasn't cashed it in yet......I haven't watched in a few weeks)......

scenario 2: after Brock vs Roman
Rollins still cashes in the case, and wins the title. However, when he fights Orton, he loses the match and the title. Brock tries to interfere to get revenge on Rollins, but the lights go out for a few seconds, then come back on with Sting pointing his bat at and standing over Lesnar's body as he is out cold on the ring entrance aisle......Orton walks out as the Champ......and Sting joins him in the ring to raise his hand as the entire authority stare in disbelief from the stage.......show over