WVU, how good are they?

Aikbach

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4751602 said:
We'll find out when they play K-St.
The Big 12 is a horse race, I'm just curious how good their horse is, is he a full head above the rest or just a nose. Saturday will be revelatory of both WVU and Baylor, neither who have cemented an identity for 2012 just yet.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Aikbach;4752636 said:
The Big 12 is a horse race, I'm just curious how good their horse is, is he a full head above the rest or just a nose. Saturday will be revelatory of both WVU and Baylor, neither who have cemented an identity for 2012 just yet.

Saturday, .. WVU vs Baylor !!

:bow:

DFWJC

Reaction score
jterrell;4743040 said:
WVU is the best team in the country IMO.

They have BY FAR the best college QB. People talking up Barkley and Landry were honestly folks who didn't watch them much or were insanely biased. Both very solid players but Geno Smith is hands down the best offensive player in the country and its very likely the 2nd best happens to be Tavon Austin.

WVU is average defensively but they have an offense that can hang 30 on Alabama.

As far as today it was rumored WVU was going to work on some specific aspects of their game and it would be close.

WVU is basically Oregon with a great QB.
:laugh2: Big 12 homer.
Hey, if i'm not mistaken, you get to remove that ACC banner at the end of the month!
Thanks for being cool about it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4752426 said:
I think we will know before that.
Agree.
At Texas follwoing the Baylor game could be a challenge.
Of course, Texas has to go to OK State and then play WVU ythe next week. So it works both ways.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DFWJC;4756651 said:
:laugh2: Big 12 homer.
Hey, if i'm not mistaken, you get to remove that ACC banner at the end of the month!
Thanks for being cool about it.

fair enough on the homer call.

but i have watched wvu twice, bama, lsu, oregon, mich twice, nd twice, ou, kst twice, scar x2, florida, georgia, tcu twice....

wvu is the best team i have seen play by far. BY FAR.

bama has a dominating OL and a great defense but they are young on defense and skill positions on offense aren't equipped to win games.

lsu is very, very good but inconsistent series to series.

ND is very good as well thanks to the best defense they've fielded in a decade. but the "good" qb is just a baby and has to get better.

tavon austin is a r1 NFL draft pick without question. the "Experts" will all agree by the end of the year. yes he is small but he is both quick an fast. this is the next wes welker. like welker a former rb who is tougher than nails while being impossible to cover and possessing great hands.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Phoenix;4756732 said:
Big 12 looking pretty darn strong...

Big 12 Standings http://www.***BANNED-URL***/skins/dmn/gfx/arrow-blue-single.pnghttp://www.***BANNED-URL***/skins/dmn/gfx/arrow-blue-single.png
Big 12 Conference Overall
7 Kansas State 1-0 4-0

15 TCU 1-0 3-0

25 Baylor 0-0 3-0

Texas Tech 0-0 3-0

12 Texas 0-0 3-0

9 West Virginia 0-0 3-0

Iowa State 0-0 3-0

Oklahoma State 0-0 2-1

16 Oklahoma 0-1 2-1

Kansas 0-1 1-3

Herbstreit said it was as good as it has ever been and I can't disagree.
Iowa St and Tech are playing this weekend for a shot at the top half the conference. That's crazy depth.

Kansas is terrible but everyone else is very solid. OSU is playing some kids and will take some conference lumps but they'll still win 7 or 8 games.

KSt, TCU, OU, WVU are all surefire top 15 teams. UT, Bay, Tech, ISU are all top 30. OSU is top 40. That leaves just Kansas outside the top 40 teams in the country. Which is insane depth.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
jterrell;4756860 said:
but i have watched wvu twice, bama, lsu, oregon, mich twice, nd twice, ou, kst twice, scar x2, florida, georgia, tcu twice....

wvu is the best team i have seen play by far. BY FAR.

WOW, I wish I was as confident as you are. I do think WVU is very good, but anything can happen, ... and playing week in and week out in the Big 12 will be very challenging.

So far I like Dana Holgerson a lot too.

tavon austin is a r1 NFL draft pick without question. the "Experts" will all agree by the end of the year. yes he is small but he is both quick an fast. this is the next wes welker. like welker a former rb who is tougher than nails while being impossible to cover and possessing great hands.

Someone on this board, maybe in this thread, thinks TA is a 5th round NFL pick. I didn't even respond. I don't know how high he will go, but I think it will be before the 5th round.

RS12

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4756925 said:
Someone on this board, maybe in this thread, thinks TA is a 5th round NFL pick. I didn't even respond. I don't know how high he will go, but I think it will be before the 5th round.

Per Draft Scout 78th best player, 10th best WR, 2nd to 3rd round FWIW

78 Tavon Austin WR 10 West Virginia Sr 5-09 172 2-3

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
RS12;4756958 said:
Per Draft Scout 78th best player, 10th best WR, 2nd to 3rd round FWIW

78 Tavon Austin WR 10 West Virginia Sr 5-09 172 2-3

And that may be legit.

But if he can stay healthy, .. with us playing on the National Stage of the Big 12, .. he will open some eyes.

The kid is special.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Should be a good game manana, all I want for my birthday is a baylor win :)

WVU is a good team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's super early, halfway though the first quarter, but Baylor's D is holding up nicely so far. And their O went through WVU like a hot knife through butter.

WVU could still put up 50, though. Holgerson is some offensive mind.

Aikbach

Reaction score
baylor's defense played one good drive after the tip ball pick...but they've been absent since as i predicted...especially now that Goodson looks to have broken his arm.

Last one to score probably wins this one unless a slew of turnovers start.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4757901 said:
These two defenses are AWFUL.

That's being nice.

And another TD given up. Freaking pathetic. Feels like I'm playing Madden.

Hopefully my Longhorns play better defense than this tonight.