WVU, how good are they?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Crazy to think that one stop in the third quarter could be the deciding factor, but at this rate one misstep and Baylor is going to be down 2 TDs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4757909 said:
Wait, I was told...

You mean I've been duped? Say it ain't so!

Yeah
JT was a bit overboard there.
But just his opinion, so no big deal:D

Fwiw
Geno Smith does look very good w 5 TDs and no picks.
Current score is 42-35 WVU early in the 3rd
Zero defense here

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4757934 said:
Yup, he is impressive. WVU O looks like TT @ their best and then some.

The biggest difference is they run the ball MUCH better than Tech ever did and they have a greater variety of plays. Tech's offense was bubble screens, crossing routes and comeback routes.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4757937 said:
The biggest difference is they run the ball MUCH better than Tech ever did and they have a greater variety of plays. Tech's offense was bubble screens, crossing routes and comeback routes.

True, but there were a few years tech, under the angry pirate, had a pretty serviceable running game. By no means balanced, but they did use it as a good change-of-pace that kept D-coordinators thinking.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Both of the defenses look awful, but you have to remember they are both playing against very high powered offenses... and both offenses are in their groove...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WVA has more speed and a better QB than Tech ever had.

These guys with these high-tempo offenses are in tremendous condition. Pretty amazing, really.

RS12

Reaction score
West Virginia Mountaineers Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
Geno Smith 44 50 648 88.0 13.0 1 3 8 0 249.7

Aikbach

Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the second half:( Baylor loses for the first time in almost a calendar year.

But it seems predictably the Baylor d line played poor and Geno made them look even worse.

Proud of the offense...not sure what that says about WVU defense however, does either team deserve to be ranked after a 70-63 score though? I think both deserve to lose the top 25 ranking after that, at least for a week.

Geno is the Heisman favorite for certain.

RS12

Reaction score
Aikbach;4757983 said:
Didn't get to watch the second half:( Baylor loses for the first time in almost a calendar year.

But it seems predictably the Baylor d line played poor and Geno made them look even worse.

Proud of the offense...not sure what that says about WVU defense however, does either team deserve to be ranked after a 70-63 score though? I think both deserve to lose the top 25 ranking after that, at least for a week.

Geno is the Heisman favorite for certain.

I dont think any team ranked above WVU or Baylor wants any part of em. If I were an opposing DC they scare the you know what out of me.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
That 1-handed catch on WVU's last drive was unreal.

But sorry, 63 points and 581 passing yards to Baylor?...Color me skeptical.

See ya next week Geno.

Aikbach

Reaction score
tecmobowl_coaches.jpg

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If Texas can't beat WVU next weeked I don't see anyone beating them. Everyone else is either garbage, has a terrible defense or has to go to Morgantown.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4758025 said:
If Texas can't beat WVU next weeked I don't see anyone beating them. Everyone else is either garbage, has a terrible defense or has to go to Morgantown.

Will be a hell of a challenge for us no question about it.