WWE Network

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah HHH was a wrestler and was one of the top WWE wrestlers during the Attitude Era. Now that he's Vince's son in law he's got a lot of pull in the company. A lot of people think this is Vince's idea with the Bella feud but some think this has Stephanie written all over it. I know HHH is really involved with NXT but as far as creative goes I think a lot of it is still Vince. I heard HHH and Vince butt heads on some things so maybe HHH doesn't like this angle?

There is way too much Stephanie on that show period.

If Vince is involved & he thinks this stuff is good entertainment he's lost his objectivity.

As many have said on these wrestling threads it's because they have no competition. They just write lazy crap.

I'm convinced from what you guys have told me that Sting & Punk could be the shot in the arm this show needs.

So what's the delay?

Monday night "corporate" Kane wrestled in his suit trousers because I guess he's no longer "demon" Kane in his wrestling gear.

It's just ridiculous.
I would suggest HHH do ANYTHING he can to fix this if he has any pull with the stories. Currently it is awful.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Sting, Punk, Bryan....all would really help.

Less Kane, Steph, Bellas, Slater, dumb Rhodes brothers gimmick.......

Somebody on some wrestling thread here I guess said punk may never come back. So I missed him.

I saw Bryan briefly before he left. He did nothing for me honestly.

Sting I want to see.

That Kane guy needs to retire. Totally wasted. One week he's this & the next he's that. Both are boring. I think he's a guy whose time has passed him by.

I cannot stand Stephanie.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
They need to end the Bella Twins, Stephanie McMahon and Corporate Kane.

The writing is still awful. However, you never really know if it is the writers or Vince who loves to revise what has been written.

They need to get Cena away from the title picture. Instead, find a heel that is getting too popular to be a heel and have him feud with Cena. That will convert the heel into a face and then make the next step.

I hate to say it, but I don't see any reason to take the title belt off Brock. He is too over and his limited schedule helps him sustain his heel heat. I actually think the smart move would be to keep the belt on him thru WrestleMania *2016* because he's supposed to be this unbeatable shoot-fighting heel. Then they could really build up a babyface. Maybe have Cena vs. Bray Wyatt at WM 2015...have Wyatt turn face and then have Wyatt 'chase' Brock and then they meet at WM 2016 (although I can't see Vince wanting their mega-over champ to have Wyatt's physique).

But after I get the dreck (Bellas, Stephanie, Kane) off TV...I would want to see how the writers do. If they still write crap...then I would start looking for replacements.

YR

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Sting, Punk, Bryan....all would really help.

Less Kane, Steph, Bellas, Slater, dumb Rhodes brothers gimmick.......

Too bad about Bryan's injury, horrible timing! I wish Sting was a few years younger and could come in and wrestle more than one match. Having said that I hope they at least bring him to TV soon and build up something for him at WM 31 whether it be against The Undertaker or someone else.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to end the Bella Twins, Stephanie McMahon and Corporate Kane.
Demon Kane isn't any better. He isn't nearly the athlete any more and needs to retire. People much have forgotten how good he really was. He was bad a couple of years ago when he was tag champs with Bryan but now he is like a 2 x 4.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Demon Kane isn't any better. He isn't nearly the athlete any more and needs to retire. People much have forgotten how good he really was. He was bad a couple of years ago when he was tag champs with Bryan but now he is like a 2 x 4.

I agree. I'm not a fan of Kane either way. Even when he was in his prime.

Those gimmicks are VERY hit-and-miss. I think the Kane character worked out very well in the end for the WWE. And obviously the UT character was huge. But, for every one of those that work...about 10 of them fail miserably.

The other part is that it appeals mostly to children and is unlikely to connect with the 18-34 year old demographic.

And I think it does open up the WWE for another company to come along and compete. That's a big reason why ECW became rapidly popular from 1994-1997...they had that appeal of yeah, it's pro wrestling but these guys REALLY hit each other and it's none of that cartoon crap.

Unfortunately, TNA has no unearthly clue as to what they are doing and did the dumbest thing possible...they tried to create their own version of sports entertainment and tried to beat the WWE at the game that Vince created.

YR

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Can Dwayne Johnson still wrestle?

Why don't they bring him on there? I know he's a big movie star & all but at a low point you would think they would at least ask him. Hey here's a few million, come help us out Dwayne!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

Why don't they bring him on there? I know he's a big movie star & all but at a low point you would think they would at least ask him. Hey here's a few million, come help us out Dwayne!

I think he'll be back for WM 31. He's paid his dues and like you said is a big movie star now. Also I think Cena injured him in his last match so he needed to heal as well.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I'm not a fan of Kane either way. Even when he was in his prime.

Those gimmicks are VERY hit-and-miss. I think the Kane character worked out very well in the end for the WWE. And obviously the UT character was huge. But, for every one of those that work...about 10 of them fail miserably.

The other part is that it appeals mostly to children and is unlikely to connect with the 18-34 year old demographic.

And I think it does open up the WWE for another company to come along and compete. That's a big reason why ECW became rapidly popular from 1994-1997...they had that appeal of yeah, it's pro wrestling but these guys REALLY hit each other and it's none of that cartoon crap.

Unfortunately, TNA has no unearthly clue as to what they are doing and did the dumbest thing possible...they tried to create their own version of sports entertainment and tried to beat the WWE at the game that Vince created.

YR

Well said Rich.

The shear stupidity of the gimmicks that Vince has unveiled over the years is one reason I don't watch much of it any more.

Good point about ECW... What a refreshing change of pace it was. But it was a catch-22, the guys took such a beating that I think it greatly affected the quality of the product at the end.

TNA... What a head scratcher that operation is. And yep, they tried competing with Vince on his terms and that was incredibly stoopid.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm convinced from what you guys have told me that Sting & Punk could be the shot in the arm this show needs.

So what's the delay?

Don't get me wrong, I love Sting, but at best, he would be a part time wrestler at this point, and likely won't have a huge long term impact. Maybe enough to get everyone excited for the next year or so, but not much more.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love Sting, but at best, he would be a part time wrestler at this point, and likely won't have a huge long term impact. Maybe enough to get everyone excited for the next year or so, but not much more.

They need somebody, anybody to break up the poor quality of their recent shows.

I want to see him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At WM last year The Rock made a really big deal that he was returning and not leaving again. No one expected him to come out every Monday but every now and then would have been nice. Instead he turned around and left and hasn't been seen since. He is pretty much all Holywood now but there is talk of him returning for WM next year. Throwing a ton of money at him won't influence him to come back either and given the financial state of the WWE right now, it simply isn't going to happen anyway.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
At WM last year The Rock made a really big deal that he was returning and not leaving again. No one expected him to come out every Monday but every now and then would have been nice. Instead he turned around and left and hasn't been seen since. He is pretty much all Holywood now but there is talk of him returning for WM next year. Throwing a ton of money at him won't influence him to come back either and given the financial state of the WWE right now, it simply isn't going to happen anyway.

I'm sure he makes a lot more money making movies & no physical wear & tear on his body either. I don't like the type movies he makes much but he's got a good personality on talk shows & that type of show. He was probably a fun wrestler to watch.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm sure he makes a lot more money making movies & no physical wear & tear on his body either. I don't like the type movies he makes much but he's got a good personality on talk shows & that type of show. He was probably a fun wrestler to watch.

he was great in the ring, but even better on the mic. considering your persona disdain for Stephanie McMahon, you may want to youtube "the rocks greatest insults." Quite a few are devoted to her

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
he was great in the ring, but even better on the mic. considering your persona disdain for Stephanie McMahon, you may want to youtube "the rocks greatest insults." Quite a few are devoted to her

I will. Thx.

I don't think I will ever like Stephanie. I know it's an act but she rubs me the wrong way.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WWE News: Major WWE Creative Team Shifting Taking Place, New Changing Of The Guard?

In an honest opinion, has the WWE peaked your interest in the last few weeks following SummerSlam? For most, Monday Night Raw the last few weeks included a few good segments each show, but the bad heavily out-shined the good. Last week’s Raw brought in fewer viewers than the two weeks prior to the August 25-edition of Raw.

The show did 3.97 million viewers for all three hours, down from 4.19 million last week and 4.31 million the week before.

Here’s the hourly breakdown:

Hour one: 3.86 million
Hour two: 4.06 million
Hour three: 4.01 million

Even the Hall of Fame forum with Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan couldn’t draw a dime. The WWE Creative staff cannot be pleased with their lack of production. Judging solely by the numbers, hour two showcased Seth Rollins eulogizing Dean Ambrose. That segment did better than the Hall of Fame Forum, even though Ambrose wasn’t at Raw. If somebody not being there can generate more revenue than present superstars, maybe Brock Lesnar not being there is best for business.

Regardless, within the WWE is a big shake-up that you won’t see directly on television. Friday Night Smackdown will begin a new era on Thursday nights with a new head writer.

"The WWE writing team underwent a massive shakeup in the past week or so, as WrestleZone has learned NXT lead writer Steven Guerrieri has been named the new lead writer for Smackdown, and former Smackdown lead writer Ryan Ward has been re-assigned back to being the lead writer of NXT again."

Both men still write for Monday Night Raw, but Smackdown could be heading in a new direction. It is about time as well, because since Edge, the Undertaker and Kane stopped performing at a high level, Smackdown has been lackluster since then. That isn’t a discredit to the wrestlers, but rather the writing team. They have no need for Smackdown to be competitive against Raw.

As soon as the brand split dissipated, Smackdown lost all momentum.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1450291/ww...ew-changing-of-the-guard/#GWzeaIJ5AgkQDfVF.99

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WWE News: Huge Update On Brock Lesnar’s Schedule As New Contract Is Signed

There hasn’t been anything of note recently involving Brock Lesnar and the WWE World Heavyweight champion. Well, unless John Cena getting squashed for a second-straight pay-per-view is the topic of discussion, it’s been quite silent regarding Lesnar or Paul Heyman. While Lesnar doesn’t show up, Heyman does and talks. That’s really all that needs to be executed.

However, news broke an hour ago that could shake up WWE programming for the foreseeable future. Since Lesnar’s comeback in 2012, he was always part-time. He gathered the paycheck, wrestled a few big shows and then left again. Especially now that Lesnar is the WWE World Heavyweight champion, the WWE Universe wants to see him on television.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Brock Lesnar just signed a WWE contract that will allow WWE to use him whenever they want.

“WWE has reportedly come to terms with Brock Lesnar on an agreement that will allow the company to book him as frequently as they want – for a price.

Previously, Lesnar was committed to work a select number of appearances and WWE would have to map out the storylines and dates to work around Lesnar’s schedule. WWE is now able to book Lesnar for RAW shows and pay-per-views whenever they want to use him, on a a pro-rate basis.”

Until the WWE confirms this announcement, many won’t believe that the ultimate part-time wrestler will stick around at the WWE’s will. Whatever Vince McMahon and Triple H did behind the scenes to convince Lesnar in signing a new deal had to be stressful, while grabbing at the checkbook in fright.

Of course, nobody will know how much he will be paid, when the paychecks go out and who actually made the notion to reach a new deal.

The last update the Inquisitr provided came out just last week. Lesnar was not advertised after the Night of Champions pay-per-view in late-September. Without skipping a beat, the WWE Universe became enraged with the fact that the WWE World Heavyweight champion wouldn’t be at every show. Maybe, the WWE needs to change.

In an article earlier, I talked about the WWE needing a current-day WCW horribly. A competition drives itself to new heights without even realizing it. Especially during this new age of television, it’s all about the money. Then again, the dollar always came first in priority.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1450664/ww...s-new-contract-is-signed/#vRclcstGuWlzGmOL.99

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
WWE News: Huge Update On Brock Lesnar’s Schedule As New Contract Is Signed

There hasn’t been anything of note recently involving Brock Lesnar and the WWE World Heavyweight champion. Well, unless John Cena getting squashed for a second-straight pay-per-view is the topic of discussion, it’s been quite silent regarding Lesnar or Paul Heyman. While Lesnar doesn’t show up, Heyman does and talks. That’s really all that needs to be executed.

However, news broke an hour ago that could shake up WWE programming for the foreseeable future. Since Lesnar’s comeback in 2012, he was always part-time. He gathered the paycheck, wrestled a few big shows and then left again. Especially now that Lesnar is the WWE World Heavyweight champion, the WWE Universe wants to see him on television.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Brock Lesnar just signed a WWE contract that will allow WWE to use him whenever they want.

“WWE has reportedly come to terms with Brock Lesnar on an agreement that will allow the company to book him as frequently as they want – for a price.

Previously, Lesnar was committed to work a select number of appearances and WWE would have to map out the storylines and dates to work around Lesnar’s schedule. WWE is now able to book Lesnar for RAW shows and pay-per-views whenever they want to use him, on a a pro-rate basis.”

Until the WWE confirms this announcement, many won’t believe that the ultimate part-time wrestler will stick around at the WWE’s will. Whatever Vince McMahon and Triple H did behind the scenes to convince Lesnar in signing a new deal had to be stressful, while grabbing at the checkbook in fright.

Of course, nobody will know how much he will be paid, when the paychecks go out and who actually made the notion to reach a new deal.

The last update the Inquisitr provided came out just last week. Lesnar was not advertised after the Night of Champions pay-per-view in late-September. Without skipping a beat, the WWE Universe became enraged with the fact that the WWE World Heavyweight champion wouldn’t be at every show. Maybe, the WWE needs to change.

In an article earlier, I talked about the WWE needing a current-day WCW horribly. A competition drives itself to new heights without even realizing it. Especially during this new age of television, it’s all about the money. Then again, the dollar always came first in priority.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1450664/ww...s-new-contract-is-signed/#vRclcstGuWlzGmOL.99

Joy. My least favorite wrestler.