WWE Summer Slam Prediction Thread - Winners Bolded

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
LOL!

It's funny because his father was the same way.

I think that's what held him back, it wasn't his in ring ability it's just he didn't have much charisma with the mic.

There are lots of guys in the business that didn't advance to where they could have because they didn't have the "talk".

Cowboy Bob Orton was one, Billy Robinson was another.

And then you have a guy like Hogan, who had as little wrestling ability as many jobbers but we all know what he could do with a mic in his grill.

I'd rather watch paint dry then listen to Orton talk. He's got zero personality.

jrumann59

Reaction score
if your first comment is regarding Cena you may not care about his act but many hate it. I don't dislike him as a person but he's awfully corny out there. And so for me he's a FF most weeks. He's so vanilla.

His act may be corny but that doesn't take away from his in ring skills and accomplishments. For whatever reason the WWE and himself want to be this generations Hulk Hogan. The mirror of what the WWE went through in the late 80's and early 90's where they could not get a guy to carry the mantle as successfully as Hogan and kept giving him the belt back until they hit on Hart, Cena is in the same boat, the talent is so stagnant that he is the fall back and punt option if they cannot find another "guy" to carry the flag for the WWE and make them tons of money. I think it would do Cena wonders if he did more things like he did to stewart to other wrestlers, not full heel turn but a more edgy version of his current character.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I actually don't find Cena all that great a wrestler...I admit I don't like him so I FF thru alot of his matches...but that stupid shoulder block is something any of those guys could do.

there's plenty better than him IMO.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I actually don't find Cena all that great a wrestler...I admit I don't like him so I FF thru alot of his matches...but that stupid shoulder block is something any of those guys could do.

there's plenty better than him IMO.

That can be said about man of the main eventers, The Rock was not a great technician, I see seth as more agile HHH. The main thing about Seth I find annoying is his voice, sometimes it sounds like his bawls are in the process of dropping.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
That can be said about man of the main eventers, The Rock was not a great technician, I see seth as more agile HHH. The main thing about Seth I find annoying is his voice, sometimes it sounds like his bawls are in the process of dropping.

I have nothing bad to say about my boy Seth...particularly his dropping bawls.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm a huge Flair mark... I watched him beat Ernie Ladd in Buffalo (gosh a clean pin... who-da thunk?) when I was 18 years-old, back in 1980.

But to give Flair a championship now... it's ridiculous if it happens.

But it wouldn't be any more doofy than a 50-YO beating Lesnar or another guy older than I am (Sting) actually beating Rollins (or anyone else for that matter who's less than 40).

Oh for sure. I was talking about Cena getting those reigns and winding up with 20 before he's done. They're not going to give Flair another championship win. No way.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
don't like Orton...he's a good wrestler but seems to have an air of entitlement that is not scripted. My guess is he's a jerk in real life.

Cena is way too corny for me..he's the best at selling to the kids & that's why he's there..

Brock wrestles what 3 times a year? He's another guy that gets stuff handed to him just for story.

Cesaro is probably the best wrestler on the roster. He's deserving of a belt.

Orton is a jackass backstage, even more so when he was younger, and it's gotten him into hot water on more than one occasion.

He definitely doesn't have to script his arrogant, ego maniac attitude.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am leaning towards they won't give it him but I think they should.

If they did, how long of a run? I can't see him keep it until the rumored retirement match at WM. Though I'm sure he could part time champ it like Brock over that time. And dropping at the next PPV I think would diminish his win. I would like to see at least one successful defense if they go that route.

If he wins it, and to me that's a huge if that I just don't see actually happening, then it would only be for a month, maybe two, at best. They're not going to allow him to hold it very long, at all.

If they even do, and like I said I'd be shocked if they even did.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
if your first comment is regarding Cena you may not care about his act but many hate it. I don't dislike him as a person but he's awfully corny out there. And so for me he's a FF most weeks. He's so vanilla.

Which is a dang shame because the guy is MUCH better than what they allow him to be on the show. He's a better wrestler, has a lot more mic skill, and he's held back by the fact that he's the #1 draw for the kids of the company so they keep him in the pure good guy role.

The guy is so much more, and by far the most dedicated guy to the business that they've had in many, many, many years.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Orton is a jackass backstage, even more so when he was younger, and it's gotten him into hot water on more than one occasion.

He definitely doesn't have to script his arrogant, ego maniac attitude.

I figured. He looks like a jerk...i know sometimes he's suppose to but he just gives off "bad attitude here."

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
His act may be corny but that doesn't take away from his in ring skills and accomplishments. For whatever reason the WWE and himself want to be this generations Hulk Hogan. The mirror of what the WWE went through in the late 80's and early 90's where they could not get a guy to carry the mantle as successfully as Hogan and kept giving him the belt back until they hit on Hart, Cena is in the same boat, the talent is so stagnant that he is the fall back and punt option if they cannot find another "guy" to carry the flag for the WWE and make them tons of money. I think it would do Cena wonders if he did more things like he did to stewart to other wrestlers, not full heel turn but a more edgy version of his current character.

They missed the chance to replace him with the guy who was over, and could carry, the company just fine.

CM Punk

The guy had the world watching, and paying complete attention o him when he was the champion and they wasted his incredible run by having him lose to the Rock. And then lose to Taker.

They basically just made him mean nothing afterwards which made no sense. They had something huge with Punk and they screwed it up.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Which is a dang shame because the guy is MUCH better than what they allow him to be on the show. He's a better wrestler, has a lot more mic skill, and he's held back by the fact that he's the #1 draw for the kids of the company so they keep him in the pure good guy role.

The guy is so much more, and by far the most dedicated guy to the business that they've had in many, many, many years.

to me...a rookie viewer...compared to you guys he comes across as so cornball...don't care for his style really.

if he's got more he's never shown it & I think his superhero John act is here to stay. He's good for their bottom line no doubt but I gotta say if he left today good by me.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
They missed the chance to replace him with the guy who was over, and could carry, the company just fine.

CM Punk

The guy had the world watching, and paying complete attention o him when he was the champion and they wasted his incredible run by having him lose to the Rock. And then lose to Taker.

They basically just made him mean nothing afterwards which made no sense. They had something huge with Punk and they screwed it up.

before my time & he's very anti-WWE in everything I've read. Maybe he'll come crawling back if his bank acct gets low who knows?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The world championship belt basically means nothing on there other than looking good on Seth & IMO he makes everything look good!

Haha

jrumann59

Reaction score

I was a huge Rock fan and when Cena and Rock were going to to do battle their mic face offs were awesome, I thought the Rock was one of the best Superstars with a mic and I was impressed that Cena while not to the Rock's level on mic held his own with the Rock.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

CM Punk

Vince should be begging Punk to return. I know Trips doesn't care for him but they should pay Punk whatever he wants.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Vince should be begging Punk to return. I know Trips doesn't care for him but they should pay Punk whatever he wants.

everything I've read from him it's not money. It seems very personal.

he's doing that cage fighting..whatever they call it.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
If he wins it, and to me that's a huge if that I just don't see actually happening, then it would only be for a month, maybe two, at best. They're not going to allow him to hold it very long, at all.

If they even do, and like I said I'd be shocked if they even did.

I do agree, I don't think it happens. I want it to though even if Sting is old and balding.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I do agree, I don't think it happens. I want it to though even if Sting is old and balding.

nothing wrong with balding! Haha....he should do what HHH does hairstyle wise.

and to me he looked thinner Monday than he did when he was at WM...

he's not fat like some young guys on there!