Xbox One

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Xbox live is the king when it comes to consoles. I dont see that ending anytime soon. Anyone who is serious about multiplayer will choose Xbox just like they did during this generation,

i've played multiplayer on both systems this generation and I'll be perfectly honest I didn't see any difference. The games on both consoles had the same lag issues, the same hacker issues, the same BS OP weapon issues. Litterally the only difference in the two was the controlers and the name on the machine you were playing them on.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
i've played multiplayer on both systems this generation and I'll be perfectly honest I didn't see any difference. The games on both consoles had the same lag issues, the same hacker issues, the same BS OP weapon issues. Litterally the only difference in the two was the controlers and the name on the machine you were playing them on.

Why would the mechanics of the game be any different?

I have friends who have both systems and they say that the PS network is pretty awful all around, not just the gameplay. As far as gameplay goes I've heard a few big YouTubers who play on both systems talk about the frequency at which the PS3 will drop frames in COD and stuff.

It'll be interesting to see if the additional money brought in from the pay system that Sony is moving to will produce a better online experience.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Most likely that's exactly right. It likely won't mean anything.

If thy ever decide to use it for what they patented it for then, yeah, quite frankly it's a bit of an issue. Maybe not to everyone and obviously not at all to you and that's fine.

But I'm not paying an extra 100 dollars for a less powerful machine just so I can be forced to have a stupid kinnect system that has to be on in order for the thing to work.

I don't want, nor need, a Kinnect of voice command. Frankly voice command is for some incredibly lazy people.

And that is a perfectly legitimate reason.

pupulehaole

Reaction score

The big difference is level of competition. Xbox live seems to have a higher quantity of higher skilled players atleast thats what i have found in my years.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
And that is a perfectly legitimate reason.

The thing is, you do not get to decide what people feel is a legit reason not to buy it, but you don't seem capable of understanding that.

Many people have different issues with Xbox, mine is the 100$ difference, but others may hate the Kinnect thing.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I would honestly say the smartest thing to do is wait it out and watch the war unfold.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The thing is, you do not get to decide what people feel is a legit reason not to buy it, but you don't seem capable of understanding that.

Many people have different issues with Xbox, mine is the 100$ difference, but others may hate the Kinnect thing.

I wasn't talking about a reason not to buy...I was talking about a reason to not like or to complain about. The price tag is real...it is legitimate...a lot of the other stuff is paranoia based on rumor and speculation.

Sinister

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about a reason not to buy...I was talking about a reason to not like or to complain about. The price tag is real...it is legitimate...a lot of the other stuff is paranoia based on rumor and speculation.

So you're saying that complaining about the fact a large corporation with a history of collecting and giving away peoples personal information now want you to purchase a HD camara that can see in the dark and has a highly sensitive microphone that they want you to have continuously connected to the internet and place in your living room is illegitimate?

Bahahahahaahaha!!!;)

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score

I have friends who have both systems and they say that the PS network is pretty awful all around, not just the gameplay. As far as gameplay goes I've heard a few big YouTubers who play on both systems talk about the frequency at which the PS3 will drop frames in COD and stuff.

It'll be interesting to see if the additional money brought in from the pay system that Sony is moving to will produce a better online experience.

I've never had a problem besides the Anon thing

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I keep seeing this assertion from Xbox guys that PSN is inferior. I'm telling you guys from experience and owning both consoles that PSN does not have these problems.

PSN was hacked and brought down once for too long. That was dumb of Sony, and they didn't handle the situation well. Not long after when both Sony and Microsoft had upgraded their security as a result, the attempt was made on Xbox Live and caused enough problems over a span of four days that Microsoft also gave out some freebies by way of apology. It was going to hit one of them first - it happened to be Sony.

Network performance is the same, downloads come in at the same speed. I play CoD a lot these days on PSN and I work with a guy who plays it on XBL, and he's asked me a few times if I have to wait through "host migrations" constantly because it seems like he does it every game. I've seen it maybe 4-5 times since I've owned it. These things don't really have anything to do with the network itself, anyway. It's all hearsay and speculative.

I also keep seeing Xbox guys talk about how they're sticking with Microsoft because they're going to have "300,000 servers, take that Sony!" I doubt any of those people know what that actually means, whether or not there is virtualization involved, or how many servers Sony has. There are legitimate reasons to want an Xbox One. Some people really like Kinect, some people are excited about the TV integration features. I don't know why I keep seeing made-up garbage like that tossed around as the reason why Sony SUXORZ.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

I have never had any issues with the online stuff. It's always worked just as good for me as my Xbox live. I guess I'm pretty lucky then.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The big difference is level of competition. Xbox live seems to have a higher quantity of higher skilled players atleast thats what i have found in my years.

That could be true. I don't know. I really don't see that much of a difference to be quite honest. I seem to do pretty much the same on both systems and I see the same issues on each one. *Shrugs* I don't know. Maybe others have just run into things I'm not running into.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I keep seeing this assertion from Xbox guys that PSN is inferior. I'm telling you guys from experience and owning both consoles that PSN does not have these problems.

PSN was hacked and brought down once for too long. That was dumb of Sony, and they didn't handle the situation well. Not long after when both Sony and Microsoft had upgraded their security as a result, the attempt was made on Xbox Live and caused enough problems over a span of four days that Microsoft also gave out some freebies by way of apology. It was going to hit one of them first - it happened to be Sony.

Network performance is the same, downloads come in at the same speed. I play CoD a lot these days on PSN and I work with a guy who plays it on XBL, and he's asked me a few times if I have to wait through "host migrations" constantly because it seems like he does it every game. I've seen it maybe 4-5 times since I've owned it. These things don't really have anything to do with the network itself, anyway. It's all hearsay and speculative.

I also keep seeing Xbox guys talk about how they're sticking with Microsoft because they're going to have "300,000 servers, take that Sony!" I doubt any of those people know what that actually means, whether or not there is virtualization involved, or how many servers Sony has. There are legitimate reasons to want an Xbox One. Some people really like Kinect, some people are excited about the TV integration features. I don't know why I keep seeing made-up garbage like that tossed around as the reason why Sony SUXORZ.

I have owned both a PS3 and 360 and I really can't tell the difference either. The 360 controller is a little better but the PS4's controller looks more comfortable.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Controller all comes down to what you're used to - though I hear from people at E3 that the new PS controller is fantastic.

I'm one of the few who actually misses the original giant XBox controller. :)

Lodeus

Reaction score
I have never had any issues with the online stuff. It's always worked just as good for me as my Xbox live. I guess I'm pretty lucky then.

It works fine. The issue I hear the most is the lack of party chat.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I own Xbox 360 and PS3. I don't have a preference for either games online. They are pretty much the same at least for my needs. I can connect to games and play.. I don't lag on either.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah now that is the one thing I hated when I play PS3 is not being able to be in a party chat and not have to listen to mind numbing morons but it's not that big a deal.

I am glad to hear that PS4 will support party chats. So that's just another plus for me with PS4.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I've owned a PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox and XBox 360 and the reason I've preferred Sony is they've always had the better exclusives. Franchises like Metal Gear, Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo and recently The Last of Us are staples in my library and consistently set the bar for their respective genres. Even the platformers like Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, etc are the head of their class. Halo was a big deal for Xbox when it first came out, but with multi-platform titles like COD and Battlefield surpassing Halo in the FPS genre it doesn't carry the same weight it once did.

This is JMO, and I'll probably wind up buying both the XBone and PS4... but if you were deciding on just one I'd say Sony and their history of delivering great exclusives is the way to go.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score

I haven't played online multiplayer on the PS3 in years, but when I did, I had to use my bluetooth to speak with my two friends who were playing. There was this loud feedback that was distracting, and made it difficult to hear each other. I don't recall whether PSN has dedicated party chat like xbox live or not. But after my issues playing Uncharted 2, I never tried it again. Any games I intend to play extensively online, like COD and Borderlands 2, I buy the 360 version.

Also, I have about a dozen of my friends that play online with me compared to my two friends who only own PS3. Chances are, you'll see alot of gamers who play primarily Madden and COD with friends coming to a group decision on which systems they'll continue on. My buddies and I are already leaning towards PS4, just as long as they make improvements that brings their online experience on par with Microsoft's.