Xbox One

Lodeus

Reaction score
Xbox is the more popular console so it probably will the end. Sony will have the better exclusives like always though.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Lodeus;5103444 said:
Xbox is the more popular console so it probably will the end. Sony will have the better exclusives like always though.

How is that so when the PS3 caught up with and passed Xbox 360 in total sales over the years

Lodeus

Reaction score
Kangaroo;5103446 said:
How is that so when the PS3 caught up with and passed Xbox 360 in total sales over the years

I was not aware of that :cool:

Doesn't surprise me though. Soon as I got my PS3 I asked why I ever owned a 360.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think both consoles will keep their respective markets.

Sony: Japan and EU.

MS: North America.

I can't see MS taking anything from Sony's piece in Japan or EU but I can see them narrowing the gap between them and MS in the NA region.

Not that it really matters? What is actually "won"? Bragging rights?

People should get whatever console best fits them, not which one they think will sell more across the world.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Both consoles sales of this generation are split evenly everywhere except Japan and the US. PS3 winning both of those markets surprisingly. 10 million more PS3 consoles sold in the US than XBox 360. Europe is 50/50. Wii dominates all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars

Hoofbite

Reaction score

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5103374 said:
Always on is a FEATURE, one I don't understand people being upset about. The 24 hour check-in was removed, so you don't have to be online at all (except the initial setup apparently). And the whining about the kinect spying has gotten ridiculous. Face it towards a wall or throw a sheet on it if you are that paranoid about it.

The only thing that 95% of people, who would be interested in this, have any really legitimate reason to gripe about, is the price (and mabye the used games thing, which was never very clear, had they not dropped that as well).

It's not a paranoid thing for me personally. If they wanted to watch, or listen, to my living room all the time they'd be bored to death.

It's the simple fact that this sort of feature, and BS, should have NEVER been put into a gaming console in the first place. It's ******** beyond belief that they even attempted to put something in that would allow them to have an always listening device into the system that is required for it to work. As far as I've seen the Kinnect isn't a feature it's a required piece of equipment for the console to work properly.

And again the turning it toward the wall and the sheet over it thing is whatever. That doesn't cancel out the listening function, rather they're using it for stupid spying (Which I'd be surprised if they were) or not. The fact that it was even put in there, and the oppurtunity was even put in place to do so, is stupid.

The change on the sharing and used games is nice but again if you go out there and read there is still a note saying that some game developers could possibly continue with this policy. Which is the M$ way of saying that some games still will work that way but it won't be their fault it will be the fault of the game developers instead.

The backtracking they did is too little, too late, and shouldn't have even been needed in the first place. Like I said I buy these systems for gaming and based off which one I believe will give me the best GAMING experience and it's pretty clear that this go around it's going to be Sony and the PS4.

I don't need a 500 dollar cable box.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5103374 said:
Always on is a FEATURE, one I don't understand people being upset about. The 24 hour check-in was removed, so you don't have to be online at all (except the initial setup apparently). And the whining about the kinect spying has gotten ridiculous. Face it towards a wall or throw a sheet on it if you are that paranoid about it.

The only thing that 95% of people, who would be interested in this, have any really legitimate reason to gripe about, is the price (and mabye the used games thing, which was never very clear, had they not dropped that as well).

Who cares about Kinect spying? I just simply DO NOT WANT a stupid Kinect at all. Ever.

So instead of paying for a Kinect I am going to buy a more powerful PS4 that is designed more for classic gaming and less for being a home entertainment system.

Smith22

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5103374 said:
Always on is a FEATURE, one I don't understand people being upset about.

Pretty simple actually. It listens for you to speak and it can tell how many people are in the viewing area. People care about privacy. Period. Not to mention the patent microsoft filed, which if put to use could track and identify people in the room when you buy or rent a movie/sporting event, possibly charging you extra money for the movie/event.

People want to play video games, but have their privacy invaded.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Smith22;5103540 said:
Pretty simple actually. It listens for you to speak and it can tell how many people are in the viewing area. People care about privacy. Period. Not to mention the patent microsoft filed, which if put to use could track and identify people in the room when you buy or rent a movie/sporting event, possibly charging you extra money for the movie/event.

People want to play video games, but have their privacy invaded.

There are privacy settings people...it's not that difficult. Basically it's the internet connection (which NOBODY will turn off will they?) that people have a problem with, not the connect. Because everyone hates voice command right? Nobody could want that feature? Really, this is all silly paranoia about the damn thing...mind boggling ridiculous paranoia really. The price because you have to pay for the kinect I get. The "privacy" concerns are just stupid (at the very least ignorant) IMO.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5103763 said:
There are privacy settings people...it's not that difficult. Basically it's the internet connection (which NOBODY will turn off will they?) that people have a problem with, not the connect. Because everyone hates voice command right? Nobody could want that feature? Really, this is all silly paranoia about the damn thing...mind boggling ridiculous paranoia really. The price because you have to pay for the kinect I get. The "privacy" concerns are just stupid (at the very least ignorant) IMO.
Odd you are calling people ignorant when he's the one bringing up microsoft's patent.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
speedkilz88;5103767 said:
Odd you are calling people ignorant when he's the one bringing up microsoft's patent.

Who care's about a patent? It doesn't mean squat.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;5103840 said:

In your opinion maybe.

Sounds like you're an XBox guy willing to overlook anything they do.

If that works for you, that's fine.

But it doesn't for the rest of us, and the vast majority of consumers.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
So I've been in Las Vegas for the past week haven't read much into the news. Smart of Xbox to drop the DRM but I still favorite PS4. I will sit back and watch this console war unfold.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
stasheroo;5103885 said:
In your opinion maybe.

Sounds like you're an XBox guy willing to overlook anything they do.

If that works for you, that's fine.

But it doesn't for the rest of us, and the vast majority of consumers.

It is an opinion based on reality. Companies file countless patents on things they never have any intention of using. So yes...the patent by itself means nothing. IF Microsoft starts doing the things people are moaning about, then they should complain.

I am by no means a xbox person. I have both current gen systems and haven't turned my 360 on since sometime in 2012. I don't have any intention to buy either new console for some time and would favor the PS4 as of now, primarily because of price. I just think there is a ton of unfounded paranoia out there based on rumor and speculation and not reality.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
PS4 for me. Why yes, I will take a more powerful console for $100 less.

I dislike the Kinect - you know that for proper functionality, you have to have a 10x10 area clear in front of your TV? I don't know anyone who has that. I certainly don't. I returned my PS Move for the same reason.

But more than that, I dislike the way Microsoft does business. They forced the XBox into success by pouring money into it, buying up exclusives (especially timed exclusives), and by every account I've seen from developers they are draconian in restrictions for publishers. According to MS, you better not release anything on another console first if you want to release it with them, and you don't get to set your own release date - Microsoft will tell you when your game releases. They also pay publishers NOT to release games for PC, damaging their own (horrible) Games for Windows program and PC gaming in general.

I'm in full favor of competition; as the old adage goes, when companies compete the consumer wins. The problem is that Microsoft isn't interested in competing, and for that I would be plenty happy to see them forced to exit the console business altogether. I was disappointed that they relented on their DRM policies for that reason alone.

I owned an XBox and a 360 alongside my PS2 and PS3, but I am solely Sony from here on out.

Sinister

Reaction score
It is an opinion based on reality. Companies file countless patents on things they never have any intention of using. So yes...the patent by itself means nothing. IF Microsoft starts doing the things people are moaning about, then they should complain.

I am by no means a xbox person. I have both current gen systems and haven't turned my 360 on since sometime in 2012. I don't have any intention to buy either new console for some time and would favor the PS4 as of now, primarily because of price. I just think there is a ton of unfounded paranoia out there based on rumor and speculation and not reality.

I completely trust Microsoft to do the right thing.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2013/06/microsoft-bugs-spying/66240/
http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/op...-company-ever-trust-microsoft-again/index.htm
http://www.businessinsider.com/prism-spying-program-apple-google-microsoft-whistleblower-2013-6
http://www.globalresearch.ca/spying...-door-in-all-windows-software-by-1999/5338215

Oops!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Most likely that's exactly right. It likely won't mean anything.

If thy ever decide to use it for what they patented it for then, yeah, quite frankly it's a bit of an issue. Maybe not to everyone and obviously not at all to you and that's fine.

But I'm not paying an extra 100 dollars for a less powerful machine just so I can be forced to have a stupid kinnect system that has to be on in order for the thing to work.

I don't want, nor need, a Kinnect of voice command. Frankly voice command is for some incredibly lazy people.

Hoss

Reaction score
Xbox live is the king when it comes to consoles. I dont see that ending anytime soon. Anyone who is serious about multiplayer will choose Xbox just like they did during this generation,