Yahoo Troy Aikman Article

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Even with Crayton giving up 11 points singlehandedly, the Cowboys still scored more points in the playoffs against the Giants than the 18-0 Patriots did. I don't think he did great, but he did admirably considering the other 9 players on offense other than Romo and Witten played horribly in the second half.

Right, Crayton single handedly did that. Mr Tony "carries the team on his back" Romo apparently could do nothing.

Gator88

Reaction score
Right, Crayton single handedly did that. Mr Tony "carries the team on his back" Romo apparently could do nothing.
Crayton singlehandedly gave up 11 points by quitting on a route that would have been an easy touchdown winning the game, and dropping a wide open pass with 20 yards of open space on 3rd down. Yeah, Romo didn't do that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Wow one good team.

Please show me the five consecutive Cowboy teams that Tony played with that were top 5 defense in the league like Troy had from 1992-1996. Please show me the wide receiver that Tony played with his whole career that was as good as Michael Irvin. Please show me the running back he played with his whole career that was as good as Emmitt Smith. Maybe you can also show me the offensive line that Tony played with that had a documentary created about them while you're at it? Time to go to bed, troll. You're not good at this.

Was there ever a documentary for Alex Barron and Mackenzy Bernadeau?

He had several but that was probably the best team he played on given the talent and he did nothing. Mr. Better than Aikman couldn't even make it to the NFC Championship game.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He “excelled” with a nearly 1:1 TD:INT ratio (21-17) and are you seriously trying to compare an insanely small sample size of post season games to the hundreds of regular season games guys like Elway, Moon, Kelly, et cetera played?

Yeah, you’re approaching this rationally and objectively.

What are you talking about? His QB rating went up in the playoffs. That’s a real fact. It’s comical anyone is arguing this when there are HOF talent players saying the same in the article but internet guy knows more. Those are facts along with the ones I posted earlier that he had a triple digit rating in 9 of his 11 wins. Again what did Romo do in Game 16 or playoff games and did he advance his team?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Crayton singlehandedly gave up 11 points by quitting on a route that would have been an easy touchdown winning the game, and dropping a wide open pass with 20 yards of open space on 3rd down. Yeah, Romo didn't do that.

LOL, oh please and if that were Dak throwing the ball, you'd say that Dak made a horrible throw.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Hey, every loss seems to fall on Dak Prescott's shoulders. Fair is fair right?

So you’re just making up a straw man as a legit argument?

If you think it’s unfair to pin a loss to one player than you’ve only shown yourself to be a hypocrite rather than advancing your argument.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony Romo was a classic underachiever. He worked at his craft but honestly the vibe I got from Romo was that if he was cut the next day he'd be fine about it. Football was never his life, it was just a means for him to earn a living and got him to bang a few famous women.
Ive certainly never been in the Romo > Aikman camp.
Useless argument and not provable, but my opinion was that Aikman was better. But I see their point if they swapped teams and coaches. Still...personally I think Aikman was better.

But regarding Romo, you honestly have no freaking clue what your talking about

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
There are people who think Tony Romo was a better QB than Troy Aikman? LOL

More than a few on this board. Can't accept that Antonio is basically in league with Danny White - and it's a toss up between the two of them as to which was better. Aikman was a Super Bowl MVP. Something #9 will never know the feeling of.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
But Romo has really good teams capable of winning late and in the playoffs and if “surrounded by great team” was a criteria there would be no great QBs because besides maybe Marino all great QBs won surrounded by talent...Elway didn’t win a SB until he got Davis, Bradshaw surrounded by HOFers..same with any 49er team or Staubach Cowboy team. That’s a crazy way to rate a guy. You still have to throw the pass in the window to Irvin. Many it’s fail. Romo being one
That's why it's crazy to rate anyone by wins and losses because the game of football is a team game. I rate them by what they actually do on the field, and Tony was comfortably better.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Troy was most likely being kind. Tony Romo was an average QB who had a few decent games. Never really did anything, certainly didn't carry the team like some folks around her claim he did. If he did it was to an 8-8 finish which like his whole career was average.
That is just an outer-worldly level idiotic statement.
Just unimaginable how dense that sounds
I really cant respect a poster with this lack of insight

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What are you talking about? His QB rating went up in the playoffs. That’s a real fact. It’s comical anyone is arguing this when there are HOF talent players saying the same in the article but internet guy knows more. Those are facts along with the ones I posted earlier that he had a triple digit rating in 9 of his 11 wins. Again what did Romo do in Game 16 or playoff games and did he advance his team?

What are you blathering about?

You’re wanting to compare a small sample size of post season games with the career numbers of the other QBs you mentioned.

How’d he do in those 7 losses?

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
That is just an outer-worldly level idiotic statement.
Just unimaginable how dense that sounds
I really cant respect a poster with this lack of insight

From someone with an idiotic perspective, I'm sure it is... yes.

The insight will be found in the Hall of Fame voting that isn't clouded by the rose tinted glasses of Romosexuals

Miller

Reaction score
That's why it's crazy to rate anyone by wins and losses because the game of football is a team game. I rate them by what they actually do on the field, and Tony was comfortably better.

We will agree to disagree because part of being better is stepping up when it counts and leading a team. Tony had that change in multiple years. But whatever

DFWJC

Reaction score
From someone with an idiotic perspective, I'm sure it is... yes.

The insight will be found in the Hall of Fame voting that isn't clouded by the rose tinted glasses of Romosexuals
Read what I said
I think Aikman is better
You jumped the gun, Blake.

I was referring to him labeling Romo, of all people, a classic UNDERachiever

Has to top10 dumbest posts this year

Gator88

Reaction score
More than a few on this board. Can't accept that Antonio is basically in league with Danny White - and it's a toss up between the two of them as to which was better. Aikman was a Super Bowl MVP. Something #9 will never know the feeling of.
Sure, Romo wasn't that much better than Danny White, but that still doesn't preclude him from being better than Aikman which he was. Aikman having a SB MVP doesn't mean much in QB comparisons when his teams were as stacked as they were.

Miller

Reaction score
What are you blathering about?

You’re wanting to compare a small sample size of post season games with the career numbers of the other QBs you mentioned.

Yes, showing that in that day and age his QB ratings in the playoffs were considered high or tops compared to what guys in the regular season. His game rose. How is that hard? He was 11-5 and had triple digits in 9 of those 11 wins. Super Kazuya took his post 95 stats to show he wasn’t good. So I countered that. Keep up son. This isn’t your thing. I’d rather blather than just know nothing

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
We will agree to disagree because part of being better is stepping up when it counts and leading a team. Tony had that change in multiple years. But whatever
Troy had that chance too on Romo-like teams and failed miserably. He was great on super duper teams though.