CFZ Ya'll have got to chill with the overreactions

Cmac

Reaction score
I understand this is what football fans do, but jeez there is zero perspective in every single one of these threads.

Brown drops the ball and costs us the game...cut Dak, Dak's not the guy, etc...Then it's cut Brown he's not the guy either. Fire Will McClay, This is Mike McCarthy's fault, Kellen Moore, blah blah blah. Many Cowboys fans out here acting like children after a loss. Keep in mind that the Chiefs went to overtime with the Texans today and the overreacting has a lot to do with us struggling against them last week too.

What it really comes down to right now is we have to be able to run the ball and get stops on defense. Today we were running the ball pretty well, but the defense played their worst game. I agree that Kelvin Joseph isn't it. But at the end of the day unless Trayvon Mullen is better then we don't really have a choice. It's not ideal when you lose two starting DB's. Then Vander Esch/Hankins being out really hurt our ability to stop the run. We weren't consistently getting pressure, but also Trevor Lawrence was slippery and hard to bring down and kept extending plays with his legs.

Now on the flip side, we haven't been THAT bad against the run every game. Hopefully we will get Hankins back at some point and Vander Esch as well. We have to do better there, but if we do the biggest concern will be the secondary. Hopefully Mullen comes in and has a shot at starting at some point.
...since you wrote that we were running the ball.....I'd keep it simple.............Fire Air Coryell Jr for starters. That will get attention.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I'm already agitated about this one bc I've got buddies that are Jags fans and one of them was chirping all week about this game. It's annoying bc I don't even talk smack to others about their teams bc I don't want to hear it when my team loses.
I hear you man. That would annoy me too. So few of my friends even care about the NFL these days, let alone the Cowboys.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
You start off with brown drops the ball and costs us the game. While lecturing us about over reacting.

How about you eat a big bag of.....

Literally that play costed us at the end of the game. Am I calling for Brown's head over it? It was a timely mistake. It also wasn't a great throw, but Brown takes more blame on that specific play. Brown's done more good than bad this year, but we've also added depth so it's not like we're not actively trying to improve at that position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is a fan dumb for expressing how they feel? Dumb is, continuing to believe that this team will win under current management.
The dumb is expecting this team to lose but continue to root for it. Its dumb. Not only that but this site has shown how stupid people can be. Fans were upset we drafted Parsons. One even compared him to Jaylon Smith.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The dumb is expecting this team to lose but continue to root for it. Its dumb. Not only that but this site has shown how stupid people can be. Fans were upset we drafted Parsons. One even compared him to Jaylon Smith.

Sounds like a whole lot of dumb going around.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I understand this is what football fans do, but jeez there is zero perspective in every single one of these threads.

Brown drops the ball and costs us the game...cut Dak, Dak's not the guy, etc...Then it's cut Brown he's not the guy either. Fire Will McClay, This is Mike McCarthy's fault, Kellen Moore, blah blah blah. Many Cowboys fans out here acting like children after a loss. Keep in mind that the Chiefs went to overtime with the Texans today and the overreacting has a lot to do with us struggling against them last week too.

What it really comes down to right now is we have to be able to run the ball and get stops on defense. Today we were running the ball pretty well, but the defense played their worst game. I agree that Kelvin Joseph isn't it. But at the end of the day unless Trayvon Mullen is better then we don't really have a choice. It's not ideal when you lose two starting DB's. Then Vander Esch/Hankins being out really hurt our ability to stop the run. We weren't consistently getting pressure, but also Trevor Lawrence was slippery and hard to bring down and kept extending plays with his legs.

Now on the flip side, we haven't been THAT bad against the run every game. Hopefully we will get Hankins back at some point and Vander Esch as well. We have to do better there, but if we do the biggest concern will be the secondary. Hopefully Mullen comes in and has a shot at starting at some point.

We put in Watkins for Joseph, so I assume that's what we will try first. Watkins is more apt to play good assignment football, but that's all I can really say good about him. We're hurting at that second corner spot with both Brown and Lewis out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Literally that play costed us at the end of the game. Am I calling for Brown's head over it? It was a timely mistake. It also wasn't a great throw, but Brown takes more blame on that specific play. Brown's done more good than bad this year, but we've also added depth so it's not like we're not actively trying to improve at that position
You blamed this loss on Noah. You....are an idiot.

Loso86

Reaction score

I'm normally positive but that was a BAD loss

gimmesix

Reaction score
That isn't why the Cowboys lost today.

It's part of it. That's why football is called a game of inches. The moment that stands out to me the most was the pass from Lawrence that Wilson just missed getting a finger on. That isn't why we lost either, because there were other opportunities, but little things like that add up to a loss.

Cydios

Reaction score

We all have eyes. Defense has died off. Dak is throwing picks every game. Players are going down to injury and coaches are making costly calls that cost us the game. Almost typical

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
No, you may not. But some posters absolutely sound like they need a therapist lol. But before I bite, are you really serious about DQ?

I watched what Houston did last week and what a rookie QB did this week, so yeah, I'm am totally serious about DQ.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
We all have eyes. Defense has died off. Dak is throwing picks every game. Players are going down to injury and coaches are making costly calls that cost us the game. Almost typical

But according to some...

522d3ba91ab7bcf697bdf2e1a0a4d71d.jpg

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm normally positive but that was a BAD loss

Our definition of bad losses changes when our team is pretty good. Two of our four losses this year went to overtime and we consider them bad losses. Not saying there isn't reason for concern, I just find it kind of funny.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
You blamed this loss on Noah. You....are an idiot.

The personal attacks and putting words in my mouth aren't making any point. There is no one person to blame on this loss. If you read that whole paragraph it's me reiterating the threads being posted by fans. I am not actually saying that Noah Brown cost us the game. However, is he responsible for not catching that ball? Of course he is, Dak bares some responsibility for it as well, but Brown bares the most for that play. But that has nothing to do with any of this.