Ya'll still miss Kellen Moore?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen helping Staly get fired.
Staley is the main problem with the Chargers. He should have been gone a long time ago and will be this off season. Too early to comment on Moore. The Chargers defense is, and has been, a sieve for the past 4 years. Dreadful. Get rid of Staley and go to work on that defense or it doesn’t matter who is going to run the offense.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KM has no offensive line, one receiver. and a QB with a broken finger for weeks

I lament his loss .

We have a top 5 OL, best WR and TE corp in the league.
We've been feasting on crap defenses the last 4 weeks.
Will be happy to revisit this at seasons end.

John813

Reaction score
It's not like they completely redid the offense this offseason.
It does seem that the plays are roughly the same just at this time better awareness of the game/when to call said plays.

But yea, Chargers are struggling, but to KM/Herbert's credit, it's not like it's all on them. Their defense is *** and they had 3 fumbles, all lost. It's a franchise that loves to find a way to tank "promising" seasons.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Nope, not one bit. Speaking of missing players, anyone miss Zeke? :muttley:

Imagine a team hamstrung with Kellen Moore calling the plays with Zeke as the RB. A defensive coordinator’s dream.

Redline360

Reaction score
Now I'm not here to defend KM(wanted him gone asap) by any means but w/l records are a team stat. Also one needs to look at the bigger picture. Overall they haven't been great no doubt.

Chargers defense is terrible
OL is not great
Basically one reciever at this point

While the cowboys have elite talent defense, great/elite talent offensive weapons and an OL finally playing like top 5-10 talent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been hard on McCarthy until as of late when he's been calling a good game as OC and the play designs have been more creative using the Cowboys talent. And the Cowboys are getting off to faster starts (though this team still goes 3&out on the first drive too often :mad: ).

But even when the offense was struggling earlier in the season, and the Chargers seemingly had a "better" offense at the time, I still didn't long for Moore to return.

But many fans did lament his departure, as if Moore was going to give the Cowboys some decided edge this season.
:huh:

You see the Chargers struggling at 4-7 with him as the OC (though, yes, their HC isn't really good either so...)

And why is elite arm-talent, high-hope Herbert getting a pass every year? Yes, you can point at the HC, but Herbert's routinely coming up short in Big Moments, and the pundits don't give him a hard time.

I wonder if we go over to the Chargers forum, will we see a loss of hope in their QB, since the Chargers are taking another swan dive this season? But he's younger, so I guess age matters, a longer leash...for now.
Good to see you finally come on board the Mike McCarthy train.

I wonder when will you come onboard the Dak Prescott train since you've been very hard on Dak as well?

buddieluver

Reaction score

I lament his loss .

Chargers oline is ranked 12th.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't remember history being that way. At all.
There are small group here that keeps claiming Kellen Moore ran a Ferrari of an offense that got handed the keys off to Mike McCarthy for him to start the season like he did and make it conservative,

they think Kellen Moore was the reason we were successful but they forget it was actually probably Prescott and I don't want to get into that can of worms but we already had the talent just wasn't being utilized the way a lot of us thought it should be in the way Mike McCarthy thought it should be but there is a small group around here that still claims we should have kept Moore...

It may be a small fan club for Kellen Moore but it's here...

In my opinion Mike McCarthy is a better in game play caller and situational football play caller, he adjusts he sees what's ahead, if it doesn't work he's manages it better but there isn't a huge gap between the two, I just think they experience in being in games like this in a league of parity Mike McCarthy just a tad better...

blueblood70

Reaction score
We're back to running Moore's offense, so I'd say he got the last laugh.
I think it's real comical that you think that's Kellen Moore's offense that he ran here that was just a offense from the 90s that Jason Garrett brought in here that K Moore tweaked or used the part of the playbook he saw fit and game plans at in game play calling that's a difference between one Ocoordinator and the other there aren't a bunch of big new playbooks... that are brought over with each offensive coordinator it is how you use the plays in each game and how you call them in the game and how you can make adjustments within the game if it's not working you know the game plan is failing, to b able to adjust on the fly, McCarthy's far superior in doing so...

They simply went from believing the defense was going to be a championship shut down defense that conservative offense was called to protect the defense stay in close games and not make critical mistakes, they didn't have the run game, OL, or the defense to continue running that...​
which by the way the first four games of the year there was three blowouts there was weather there were a lot of weird things going on that created that game plan and play calling nothing just all of a sudden changed they didn't go back to running Kellen Moores alleged offense this was a 90s offense that was adjusted by Jason Garrett and further adjusted by Kellen Moore but it's all the same place used differently..​

So please if you want to discuss football let's not act like everybody's playbook from 1 team to the other are from one coordinator, the other is that much different it really is not they all have the same plays they may use different language they may use different adjustments you know like audibles but for the most part it's how you devise a game plan and which part of the playbook you decide to put in the game plan and what formations to call out of them and how to make adjustments to them in the game..

You know like being able to show 1 play from in the first quarter and then in the third quarter and the team thinks they just saw it, so they line up to stop a play and all of a sudden it says a whole different look on the back end, so they thought it looked like the same play from the first quarter and it turned out not to be the same play.... Mike McCarthy is far superior in doing that IMO.

Moore was not a bad offensive coordinator, I don't think anybody thought that , he just was not very good in the heat of the battle and being able to adjust his game plan or throw it away and go to something else...

Proof

Reaction score

I lament his loss .

best wr /te corp in the league? lmaooooooooo
also chargers were one of those teams we feasted on

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The biggest problem with Moore's offense was that it featured too many option routes. Once defenses know what options will be chosen based on the coverage they show it becomes fairly simple for them to show you a coverage, let you select your routes based off it, and then shift into a different coverage at the snap, putting them in prime position to destroy your play. Better DCs figured that out and were able to neuter our offense except when we just had such superior talent that there was nothing that could be done about it even if defense knew the play.

Actually l forget I said all this.. the REAL biggest problem with Moore's offense was dude had zero feel for the running game. He would call running plays essentially as throw aways until he could get to the next pass play on his sheet. The running plays he called rarely had any real intent to them. Even when the running game is failing this season you can see they are setting things up and keeping the defense from teeing off on Dak. That's why even though the overall numbers are not great, the impact of the runs are good enough to win games.

stiletto

Reaction score
We're back to running Moore's offense, so I'd say he got the last laugh.
There's elements but it is not 100% Moore's/Garrett's scheme. We are passing on 2nd down more. User to be pass/run or run/pass in sequence predictably with Moore. Seeing a lot more variety in the scheme. Moore was almost predictable to a T.

GINeric

Reaction score

I lament his loss .

But when we had offensive line that were missing starters for two years, when we only had CD Lamb, and Dak playing different after being injured, people like you blamed it on Dak. So keep the same energy and go blame Herbert for the trash game Kellen Moore is calling.

Stop the excuses.....

The Dallas Cowboys had to try and win games DESPITE Kellen Moore.

Kellen Moore doesn't have the intelligence OR the situational in-game decision making to be a successful offensive coordinator at this level.

All in all, Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL. So you admitting that you miss THAT..... Definitely says alot about you.