Yeah, the stinking Commanders dont have a 2nd & 4th next year in 2007 draft

1fisher

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Consistent logic is not allowed at Extremeskins... in fact, logic of any kind is pretty much frowned on... indeed, employ too much logic, and you run a serious risk of gettin' banned over there...

shhhhh ....... don't talk about getting banned over there!

illone

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
Championship teams are built through the draft.

If i remember correctly the Cowboys traded their fair share of draft picks in the 90's. Not sure how many of those picks were for free agents, though.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
illone said:
If i remember correctly the Cowboys traded their fair share of draft picks in the 90's. Not sure how many of those picks were for free agents, though.
Mostly for more draft picks...

illone

Reaction score
2233boys said:
I have a feeling your pickups this year won't be that hot. Time will tell...

I think you will be disappointed in AR and Lloyd...

I am still wondering if Moss can do it 2 years in a row. His career is young and he really hasn't enjoyed to great years in a row. His career path is very similar to one Terry Glenn...

So I should be worried because you have a feeling?

:cool:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1fisher said:
a little of both I guess...

an for the record it's not EVERY thread.... it's every other thread!:lmao2:
minor detail. ;)
take it easy WG..... no need to crack the whip this late at night!
no whip-cracking tonight... Just chilling and watching Total Access. Looks like it's gonna be good today, too. One part is supposed to cover which of the overhyped teams should you believe. Funny, they showed a skins clip during that part. :p:

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
illone said:
So I should be worried because you have a feeling?

:cool:
No I simply made a statement. Your reaction makes me think you may have the same feeling...

:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Ohnoes!!! No draft picks?? Whatever are we going to do!!! :( You can't win playoff games doing that sort of thing!!

Wait a minute......;)

yeah, wait a minute, what playoff...game...SSSSSS, plural, have you guys won w/ this strategy?

I know Pitt has won a championship w/ great drafting, New England has won 3 in 5 years because of great drafting

also notice those 2 teams don't spend much in free agency either

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Its a simple philosophy...trade a draft pick or two for a proven talent, or use that pick on a potential bust. One method guarantees you'll get someone who can perform at the NFL level, and one method guarantees nothing.

Joe and the Skins just opt for the safe-bet...and I'm fine with that! :)

Brandon Lloyd is a safe bet? if you like mediocrity at WR I guess

1fisher

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
minor detail. ;)
no whip-cracking tonight... Just chilling and watching Total Access. Looks like it's gonna be good today, too. One part is supposed to cover which of the overhyped teams should you believe. Funny, they showed a skins clip during that part. :p:

I flipped through and saw Mayock flapping his gums and kept on going..... any cowboy news?

1fisher

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
minor detail. ;)

dang..... did you see Rackers eyebrows.............:eek: can you say woolybooger caterpillar????????:lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2233boys said:
No I simply made a statement. Your reaction makes me think you may have the same feeling...

:laugh2:

That's why these roaches are here!

They know...they are worried! Big Time!

Otherwise, they would not be here...if they are so confident! :lmao:

Envy is a horrible thing to have...and they GOT it!

This board belongs to America's Team...let the kids play!
:lmao2:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
1fisher said:
dang..... did you see Rackers eyebrows.............:eek: can you say woolybooger caterpillar????????:lmao2:

I can tie one up for ya. What color?
icon10.gif

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Birdlives said:
I love how you contradict yourself right in your own post there.

There's no contradiction at all, just your inability to follow a logical train of thought...

In this era of the salary cap, it is virtually impossible for ANY team to have quality depth from top to bottom... but the better teams have at least SOME depth, which allows them to adapt and overcome adversity when the injury bug does hit...

But as a direct result of emphasizing signing pricey free agents over drafting wisely, the Skins have less cap room available to address depth issues than just about any other team in the league, and thus are somewhat thinner in the depth department than most teams are...

This deficiency is most glaring on the offensive line, the defensive secondary and at quarterback... your backup linebackers don't exactly scare anybody, either...

Which is why I say as long as the Skins stay as healthy as they managed to stay last year, they'll be a formidable team... but if they have a more "normal" quote of injuries, they'll struggle to finish .500, simply because the replacements they'll be able to plug in won't be anywhere NEAR as good as the players they're replacing...

To cite one example, the Skins don't have a single backup offensive lineman who could even make the Cowboys' 53 man roster... I'm being completely serious about that...

As for the rest of it, yeah, probably more than one cowboys fan was ROTFL when Gibbs went and got Brunell, traded Coles for Moss, traded up for Cooley, picked up Griffin, let Pierce and Smoot go, passed up on Winslow, drafted Carlos Rogers, traded for Portis, signed Rabach, let Salave'a start, and on and on, yet all of these moves seem to be doing the Commanders alright

Uhhh, the Skins are 16-16 since Gibbs returned... it appears that your standards aren't real high...

Gibbs' biggest mistake has been NOT building quality depth on the offensive line... for two years now, he has basically ignored that black hole on his roster, which I find puzzling, coming from the man who built the Hogs the first time around...

silverbear

Reaction score
Birdlives said:
Wow, trade Skins for cowboys and Brunell for Bledsoe and you could easliy be talking about the cowboys. Funny how that works so well...
:rolleyes:

The Cowboys' depth on the offensive line and in the defensive backfield is superior to the Skins'... now, your point about the backup quarterback situation is one I worry about some my own self, but apparently Parcells is quite confident that Tony Romo has NFL ability...

I'll need some convincing on that one, but I'll acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, his judgement on such matters is superior to mine...

silverbear

Reaction score
illone said:
You didn't even answer the question:rolleyes:

What question was that??

Nowhere did I say the draft was unimportant. I simply stated that Gibbs knows what he's doing by trading SOME of those picks for proven players.

And I'm saying that the way he trades draft picks for proven players is one of the reasons the Skins don't have much depth... I'm also saying that unless they get lucky on the injury front-- as they did last year-- that lack of depth is a fatal flaw on their team...

silverbear

Reaction score
illone said:
Your offensive line isn't even good to begin with

And yet, our offense ranked just behind yours in the final NFL stats last year-- the Boys ranked 13th, at 325.1 yards per game, the Skins were 11th at 330.6 ypg...

And this was despite our losing our 2 time Pro Bowl left tackle for the last 10 games...

So, unless you're arguing that our offensive skill position players were vastly superior to yours (and Brunell ranked ahead of Bledsoe statistically, while Portis outgained Julius Jones and Marion Barber combined), then our offensive line must have been playing somewhat better than you'd have us believe...

And of course, we HAVE moved aggressively to upgrade our offensive line in this offseason, bringing in Jason Fabini and Kyle Kosier (both vastly superior players to Tyson Walter and Mike Pucillo)...

so keep hoping injuries on us.

I'm not "hoping" for anything, I'm simply pointing our reality to somebody who seems unable to recognize it...

silverbear

Reaction score
1fisher said:
shhhhh ....... don't talk about getting banned over there!

Since I never go over there, I reckon I'm safe...

If I ever did go over there, I'd be banned inside of 12 hours-- and I wouldn't be doing ANY trolling, simply telling the truth...

Art couldn't handle me, so he'd have to get rid of me...

silverbear

Reaction score
illone said:

LOL... you really do spout off without really knowing what you're talking about, don't you??

In the Jimmy Johnson era (1989-1993), the Cowboys made a total of 62 draft picks... there were 12 rounds to the draft in the first 4 years, 8 rounds in the last year... that means they should have had a total of 56 picks, but they actually had six EXTRA picks...

And even in the remaining six years of the 90s (94-99), when the draft went to 7 rounds, the Boys had a possible 42 picks, but traded for eight EXTRA picks... the problem is, they were really lousy at drafting during that time...

Yeah, if you're gonna screw up the draft, you might as well go ahead and trade those picks away, LOL...

It could be argued that the Cowboys were built by the Herschel Walker trade, wherein they got a whole slew of extra picks... yes, Trader Jimmy dealt draft picks all over the place, but it was usually for MORE draft picks...

silverbear

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
So enlighten me, 5Bars, how are your 5 lombardies going to help the Cowboys win this season?? And also, how will that help equally or moreso than the continuity and chemistry formed by the Skins last season?

Jimmy Johnson said it best, you win in the NFL with PLAYMAKERS... chemisty don't win squat...

Besides, you talk as if you're the only team that will benefit from the "continuity" factor, but I'd suggest that the Cowboys will benefit more greatly from that intangible... I mean, they went to a totally new defensive system last year, from the 4-3 to the 3-4... don't you reckon a year's experience in that system will benefit them??

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Super Bowl XXII "in the past?"

The words "Commanders fan" and "logical consistency" don't often collide in the same sentence...

:lmao2: