Yeah, the stinking Commanders dont have a 2nd & 4th next year in 2007 draft

jrockster77

Reaction score
2233boys said:
No I said reaching in 2 straight drafts didn't indicate which ones. Frick I forgot you had two last year... :banghead:

I meant Campbell and McIntosh...

Oh well, my slam failed...

Rogers was a decent pick... Taylor was a better pick, and passing over Winslow even a better choice.. :bang2:

Okay....got ya. You had me worried a little bit thinking that 'Los was a reach at #9....;)

Campbell and McIntosh reaches?? I guess its all in the eye of the beholder. The Skins and Gibbs believed McIntosh was going to get taken before they picked, so they moved up to get him. The funny thing is, we'll never know.

Campbell -- well, some had him rated as the second best QB behind Smith. You never know with QBs...just look at Tom Brady and Ryan Leaf as prime examples of that. Chances are he's not going to see the field until '07 anyways, so we'll see then.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Another one who doesn't know what the word means...

Here, I'll settle this:

obtuse:
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]of an angle; between 90 and 180 degrees[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]of a leaf shape; rounded at the apex[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]lacking in insight or discernment; "too obtuse to grasp the implications of his behavior"; "a purblind oligarchy that flatly refused to see that history was condemning it to the dustbin"- Jasper Griffin[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]dense: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Damn! Stupid Dallas Cowboy fans!

I CANNOT WAIT till I get to the 5th grade so I can read all that!

:eek:

Thanks, jocklick77...! If only I could learn how to use a web dictionary!

Will you tell me what these words mean?

"A slight inclination of the cranium, is as adequate as a spasmodic movement of one optic, towards an equine quadruped utterly devoid of any visionary context"

Can you tell me what the says? It's a "saying" that everyone has heard...

:cool:

1fisher

Reaction score
illone said:
Sure, when you're trading for washed up vets you might be right. When you're acquiring young talent with tons of upside then your logic falls short, very short. Also, we traded future picks for rookies that haven't even played in the NFL yet. You can crow all you want and try to predict the future, but the truth remains that Gibbs knows what he's doing when trading those picks.

I doubt it's Gibby trading those pics.... Danny Boy was doing it long before Gibby got there!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Its a simple philosophy...trade a draft pick or two for a proven talent, or use that pick on a potential bust. One method guarantees you'll get someone who can perform at the NFL level, and one method guarantees nothing.

Actually, one method ensures that you won't have any quality depth, the other gives you a chance to develop depth... you see, free agents cost more than draft picks do, so they have a greater impact on the salary cap...

Which is why the Skins are screwed if they get bit too often by the injury bug... of course, that's true for all teams, to one extent or another, but it's more true for the Skins than any other team in the league...

Anybody who advocates the regular sacrificing of draft picks doesn't really understand the salary cap, or the NFL the way it's played today... going the free agent route at the expense of drafting well is VERY risky...

The REAL reason the Skins don't put the same importance on draft picks is they haven't drafted particularly well since Gibbs came on board...

silverbear

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Ohnoes!!! No draft picks?? Whatever are we going to do!!! :( You can't win playoff games doing that sort of thing!!

Wait a minute......;)

Hey, if one playoff win in this millennium is enough to satisfy you, then you're rooting for the right team...

ROTFLMAO...

silverbear

Reaction score
illone said:
Exactly. I'm totally fine with it myself. Most posters here don't realize it, though, and love to poke fun of pick ups like Lloyd and Randle El. Guys like us already know the history with Gibbs and the FAs he's had the luxury of picking himself. I'd say Gibbs is one of the best in the business at Free Agency.

Who needs the draft when you do this well in free agency?

Get back to me on that one when the Skins lose an offensive lineman or two for the season... or a defensive back... or Brunell...

Bet you'll care about the draft when Tyson Freakin' Walter is startin' for you...

illone

Reaction score
1fisher said:
I doubt it's Gibby trading those pics.... Danny Boy was doing it long before Gibby got there!

Of course you "doubt it" because you haven't educated yourself on it. Had you done your due dilligence you'd know that Gibbs DOES authorize those trades. Him being the GM and all he sits down with Danny regularly to discuss the future of the team.

Some of you guys are so used to times when Gibbs wasn't here. I guess I can't blame you for that but this isn't the same Commanders team that overpays for fading vets and flashy superstars who don't understand teamwork. Gibbs gets guys that he personally interviews for the job. Guys that might not be the best at their respective position but guys that have heart. Players that will work well with the other Commanders we already have in place.

This is precisely why we said no to TO.

silverbear

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Man...its amazing how much hate one season-sweep can generate.

Said the Skins fan who's so SCARED of the Cowboys that he hangs out on their message boards... I guess about 8 years of sweeps in a row left you mind-screwed, eh??

illone

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Get back to me on that one when the Skins lose an offensive lineman or two for the season... or a defensive back... or Brunell...

Bet you'll care about the draft when Tyson Freakin' Walter is startin' for you...

Injuries are a concern for any team in the NFL. You telling me you wouldn't be concerned if you lost one or two olinemen for the season?

silverbear

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Hey, that's fine. I still wouldn't trade the 2nd quarter of SB22 for ALL of your superbowls. But hey, that's just me.

Bet ya most Cowboys fans are just like me, and they have a LOT more fun watching 52-17 over the Bills than you did that one quarter... we're talking about total domination, not just one quarter where your team went unconscious for a while...

Keep living in the past, gentlemen...you're going to need that reassurance this season.

Ahhh, the siren song of the Skins fan-- "we're the offseason champs, watch out for us"...

silverbear

Reaction score
illone said:
The point here is the Commanders will do just fine without those draft picks next year.

Only if they stay as incredibly healthy as they did last year... unfortunately for you, most teams don't enjoy that kind of health for a full season... of course, yours didn't either, the injuries started to hurt after game 14, and we all saw how completely PATHETIC your offense became when the offensive line was missing a starter...

So if you're willing to gamble on behing healthy again this year, go for it... just don't come looking to us for sympathy, wailing about how you've been done in by the injury bug, 'cause all we're gonna do is LAUGH at you if that happens...

Birdlives

Reaction score
I suppose any thread titled "stinking Reskins" is bound to turn into a name calling free for all.

illone

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Bet ya most Cowboys fans are just like me, and they have a LOT more fun watching 52-17 over the Bills than you did that one quarter... we're talking about total domination, not just one quarter where your team went unconscious for a while.

And a Miami dolphin fan would trade both for the 17-0 season.

What's your point?

silverbear

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Exactly....close the thread. :toast2:

Why, too much truth in here for you??

Perhaps you should amble back over to the circle jerk we know as Extremeskins, where that kind of witless propaganda is always in fashion...

silverbear

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Comparing superbowl victories when the last either of our teams won was over 10 years ago, and comparing joint playoff appearances from our entire history is a far cry from talking about last season. Because, you know...last season is relevant whereas the other stuff is not.

Being in the PAST, last season is about as relevant as our record back in 1960... it won't do y'all a bit of good this year, any more than all those wins in a row did us any good last year...

illone

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Only if they stay as incredibly healthy as they did last year... unfortunately for you, most teams don't enjoy that kind of health for a full season... of course, yours didn't either, the injuries started to hurt after game 14, and we all saw how completely PATHETIC your offense became when the offensive line was missing a starter...

So if you're willing to gamble on behing healthy again this year, go for it... just don't come looking to us for sympathy, wailing about how you've been done in by the injury bug, 'cause all we're gonna do is LAUGH at you if that happens...

Hey whatever floats your boat, man. Sounds like a backdoor excuse for your team being injured, *laugh*

I'd rather gamble on being healthy than gamble on the biggest cancer to ever don a NFL uniform. Two teams and counting... You're next;).

1fisher

Reaction score
illone said:
Of course you "doubt it" because you haven't educated yourself on it. Had you done your due dilligence you'd know that Gibbs DOES authorize those trades. Him being the GM and all he sits down with Danny regularly to discuss the future of the team.

Some of you guys are so used to times when Gibbs wasn't here. I guess I can't blame you for that but this isn't the same Commanders team that overpays for fading vets and flashy superstars who don't understand teamwork. Gibbs gets guys that he personally interviews for the job. Guys that might not be the best at their respective position but guys that have heart. Players that will work well with the other Commanders we already have in place.

This is precisely why we said no to TO.

ok... that was you in the war room when Gibbs authorized those trades?? I got it now.... Nice to know we have a true insider from the skins on our COWBOY message board. Thanks for the insight!

guys that spit in the oppositions face...:eek:
guys that won't be around in two to three years because of their "lucrative" contracts that they will NEVER see.... Can you say BUY ME A CHAMPIONSHIP this year..... sounds like the 49ers a few years back!

silverbear

Reaction score
illone said:
Since you seem to know so much why not tell the group which Commander free agents HAVENT worked out for Gibbs and company.

If you're counting on Mike Pucillo and Tyson Walter to help your team, you're in deep doo-doo... indeed, the Skins' depth on the offensive line is WORSE than it was last year-- Walter and Pucillo replace Ray Brown and Cory Raymer, which is NOT an upgrade...

Harder than you thought, right? Intelligence isn't one of your strong points I see.

If you REALLY think that the draft is unimportant, that free agency can be an acceptable substitute for building a good team for the long haul, then intelligence isn't one of YOUR strong suits, either...

illone

Reaction score
1fisher said:
Can you say BUY ME A CHAMPIONSHIP this year..... sounds like the 49ers a few years back!

Hey now. Neither of us have room to talk on that. Both of our teams paid Deion Sanders *laugh*

1fisher

Reaction score
Birdlives said:
I suppose any thread titled "stinking Reskins" is bound to turn into a name calling free for all.

that's the ES/Commander way..... I joined their message board and didn't agree with some of the things they said and I was called every name in the book.... brokeback... trailer park trash... cowboy.... and others I won't mention! If I didn't know better I would have thought I was back in the third grade... wait a minute... maybe I was!:eek: