You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, you kind of should because all signs are pointing to what you don’t really want. Jerry doesn’t have to be right, rational, or even realistic, because as the head honcho of the team, both as owner and GM, it’s what he says and does that matters as far as any player is concerned in the organization.
Haha yeah man Jerry is not gonna tell you what he’s going to do…you may think you know but you have no idea until he shows you…

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Haha yeah man Jerry is not gonna tell you what he’s going to do…you may think you know but you have no idea until he shows you…
Actually we do know what he will do - the wrong thing as far as building the Cowboys into a contender such as hiring a proper GM and getting himself the hell out of the way.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You don’t know what he’s gonna do, and Jerry blows a lot of smoke, but when he says something after a disappointing playoff loss in the midst of such emotion, like most people you better believe he means it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hahahahah that’s a joke. He sucked in 2007 and against the Vikings….and did it against bad teams too.
He didn't suck against the Giants. And he had no shot against Minnesota as the OL completely collapsed (happened in at least 3 of his playoff games - including the win over Detroit).

Also, I didn't say he was great in every playoff game.

He was the best QB in the playoffs in 2014. His team still lost.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don’t know what he’s gonna do, and Jerry blows a lot of smoke, but when he says something after a disappointing playoff loss in the midst of such emotion, like most people you better believe he means it.
I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life. I’ve seen the failures for 28 years. If you don’t know by now? You never will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn't suck against the Giants. And he had no shot against Minnesota as the OL completely collapsed (happened in at least 3 of his playoff games - including the win over Detroit).

Also, I didn't say he was great in every playoff game.

He was the best QB in the playoffs in 2014. His team still lost.
The problem with Romo is he never played above his head. Like a Flacco or Eli did. Romo either played poor or just good enough for his standard. But that’s not good enough.
How can he be the best QB in the playoffs in 2014 if he only played one game?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The problem with Romo is he never played above his head. Like a Flacco or Eli did. Romo either played poor or just good enough for his standard. But that’s not good enough.
How can he be the best QB in the playoffs in 2014 if he only played one game?
He played in two: vs Detroit and vs GB.

He averaged like 135 QBR.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I sure dont know but i hope that they plan on not extending Dak this year and use that year to see if Lance could be an answer at QB. That doesnt mean start him, but give him all the opportunities in preseason and in training.

If so they would have more leverage in contract talks next year with Dak. If not they essentially lose not a lot. Dak wants all the money he can quench out of Dallas. If thats this year or next. Doesnt matter.
Dak wants the opportunity to sign the deal he likes the most. Jerry knows it. Every team in the NFL knows it. It’s not personal to any of them. It’s personal to you. He performs and NFL franchise ownership groups decide what he’s worth to them. You want him to play for the Cowboys for less than he’s offered by another team. Why would you ask any player to do that? What kind of sense does that make?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

The Colts did not move on from Peyton Manning until they had Andrew Luck.

Successful organizations don’t move on from guys until they have the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
At this point I don’t really care - Dak’s not “the guy” to begin with.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

The Colts did not move on from Peyton Manning until they had Andrew Luck.

Successful organizations don’t move on from guys until they have the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
Your Cleveland story came out of nowhere.
And the point was ...?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He’s saying stick with what you have until you have a viable replacement. Sounds like sound logic to me. But Jerry will draft the next Paxton Lynch and you guys will be happy simply because he’s unknown lol.
Stand down, you apologist for Dak!
Sticking with Dak means 1 and done in the playoffs and a lousy, low draft pick next draft

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not the only one, the crowd of "who are you going to replace him with" drives me nuts, like is their nobody else who can throw a ball
They think we're losing Dan Marino. :muttley:
Have they been watching the Deer in the Headlight show when we face playoff-caliber teams?
Guess not..............

Forneymike

Reaction score
So how about creating a dominant O-line, with a running game which would give a 'lesser QB' assistance ala Cowboys 2016 or 49ers 2022.

Maybe sure up the Defense with the CAP saving.
Neither of those teams won a Super Bowl. Thats what matters. SF has gone longer than we have

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He did it l against dogs…..
Dude, I don’t even think you’re a Cowboy fan. I mean, you didn’t even know how many games Romo played in the playoffs where it was the team’s closest chance to make it to the NFC championship in two decades. BTW, Detroit had the #2 defense that year. The only “dog” is your memory, or your actual fan-hood.