You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, I don’t even think you’re a Cowboy fan. I mean, you didn’t even know how many games Romo played in the playoffs where it was the team’s closest chance to make it to the NFC championship in two decades. BTW, Detroit had the #2 defense that year. The only “dog” is your memory, or your actual fan-hood.
He's a Dak fan and will be following him to his next team.
He's confused about Dog teams as those are the only wins his idol Dak has if the defense and running game can carry him.
If they can't its a loss like the Cards game...........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude, I don’t even think you’re a Cowboy fan. I mean, you didn’t even know how many games Romo played in the playoffs where it was the team’s closest chance to make it to the NFC championship in two decades. BTW, Detroit had the #2 defense that year. The only “dog” is your memory, or your actual fan-hood.
I don’t remember everything that has happened with the Cowboys. Sue me. It’s not like anything good has happened. Let’s see if I can remember this game….was this the game where Anthony Hitchens got away with a PI? Imagine the homer and apologist not being a Cowboy fan but people as negative as you are are the real fans? What a joke lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's a Dak fan and will be following him to his next team.
He's confused about Dog teams as those are the only wins his idol Dak has if the defense and running game can carry him.
If they can't its a loss like the Cards game...........
Imagine hyping up beating the Lions but complaining about beating dogs lol….Romo got fat off beating dogs and losing to them…..the damn Giants and Vikings…. :laugh:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t remember everything that has happened with the Cowboys. Sue me. It’s not like anything good has happened. Let’s see if I can remember this game….was this the game where Anthony Hitchens got away with a PI? Imagine the homer and apologist not being a Cowboy fan but people as negative as you are are the real fans? What a joke lol.
Way to search the internet! Maybe next time you’ll actually know history instead of posting that Romo only played one game that year in the playoffs.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

The Colts did not move on from Peyton Manning until they had Andrew Luck.

Successful organizations don’t move on from guys until they have the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
3 anecdotal choices out of hundreds of possible qb transition possibilities

Flamma

Reaction score
That's the game. But he didn't get away with it, They threw the flag. The receiver had a fistful of facemask everyone wants to ignore. The refs got together, and since they never call PI on both defender and receiver, decided to pick it up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Way to search the internet! Maybe next time you’ll actually know history instead of posting that Romo only played one game that year in the playoffs.
Quit being a loser you aren’t important enough go search the internet for. You’re attempting to troll….. i said you were right and i was wrong. Not sure why you’re being emotional about it….he lost in the first round just like Dak and what are you bragging about?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's the game. But he didn't get away with it, They threw the flag. The receiver had a fistful of facemask everyone wants to ignore. The refs got together, and since they never call PI on both defender and receiver, decided to pick it up.
You have good memory I’ll have to YouTube it just remember thing we got away with one.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
You clearly have recency bias. When they moved on from Favre, Rodgers was still an unknown and unproven. Same thing with Love. He has a great year but let's see years 2, 3, 4.

All of you cowboys fans they are holding on to dear life for Dak, have the same weird, messed up mentality. You are holding on to mediocrity, in a league that mediocrity rarely wins. You have to get over your "safe" mindset. If you aren't trying, you are dying in the NFL. Either by record or by sales. Either way you have to make moves.

One of the main reasons we are in this drought is because Jerry switched from a mover and shaker, to a hold and be safe mentality. It shows every year for the last 30 years.

He is so hesitant to release players, break contracts, fire coaches, etc.

Dak isnt it. So let's draft a new guy and try again. I'm happy when we are trying. I hate when we keep running it back with the same failure.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hitchens never turned around. That’s typically a PI…Peirera even explains why it’s a PI.
Agreed. Grabbing the defender's facemask is typically offensive PI. They threw the flag. Got together and I imagine that's what they were talking about. So they picked it up. You've watched some games where both defender and WR have a lot of contact, right? And no flag thrown. They never throw it on both and have it offset.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Quit being a loser you aren’t important enough go search the internet for. You’re attempting to troll….. i said you were right and i was wrong. Not sure why you’re being emotional about it….he lost in the first round just like Dak and what are you bragging about?
Dude, you can’t even keep your story straight. First you think Romo only played one game in the playoffs. Now you’re saying he lost in the first round when it was a divisional playoff game (I even told you they were the closest they had ever been to an NFC championship game in two decades). Just admit you searched the Internet to figure out a PI by Hitchins happened that was picked up. Then don’t let the door hit you on your way out as you follow Dak to his new team.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The problem with Romo is he never played above his head. Like a Flacco or Eli did. Romo either played poor or just good enough for his standard. But that’s not good enough.
How can he be the best QB in the playoffs in 2014 if he only played one game?
He played two games and had 4 TDs to 0 ints, 9.7 YPA , 68% compl, and a passer rating of 125.7. No other QB was even close to performing as well as he did.

"Above his head." A useless phrase that means nothing. Romo was so much better than Eli and Flacco. His standard was with the best in the league.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dak wants the opportunity to sign the deal he likes the most. Jerry knows it. Every team in the NFL knows it. It’s not personal to any of them. It’s personal to you. He performs and NFL franchise ownership groups decide what he’s worth to them. You want him to play for the Cowboys for less than he’s offered by another team. Why would you ask any player to do that? What kind of sense does that make?
You seem to know a lot about me.

To your question about sense: have you heard about the word "negotiation" ? This is a common approach used to find a solution that fits both parties.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dak was superior to Romo. Romo had back issues. What good is reading a defense when you can’t get on the field?
I think when you are using words like superior you are talking about a players abilities in general. Not during a specific time.

Of course dak was the better player back then when romo wasnt able to play. But then who wouldnt be?

Using a term like superior in that kind of contest is very missleading to what you actually meant.

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Go Cowboys!
Let's create a Dak Prescott zone. I am getting tired of reading all of these terrific threads on a tier II quarterback.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He played two games and had 4 TDs to 0 ints, 9.7 YPA , 68% compl, and a passer rating of 125.7. No other QB was even close to performing as well as he did.

"Above his head." A useless phrase that means nothing. Romo was so much better than Eli and Flacco. His standard was with the best in the league.
Except he lost by throwing a deep pass to Dez Bryant on 4th down……

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think when you are using words like superior you are talking about a players abilities in general. Not during a specific time.

Of course dak was the better player back then when romo wasnt able to play. But then who wouldnt be?

Using a term like superior in that kind of contest is very missleading to what you actually meant.
I mean he was superior to him IMO. Dak had the locker room, he was more mobile, played smarter…..I don’t see how that’s not superior. He did light up the Eagles for one seeker though in a meaningless game.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
The posters that want to tank the season so we can rebuild for the future must have really loved the 5-11 seasons of 2000, 2001, and 2002.