You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

TwentyOne

Reaction score
There's very little difference between the two. Both have strengths, but also have weaknesses that always rear their ugly heads, especially come playoff time.
I think Romo was the better player at the QB position. Not by far but better all around. Especially in understanding the game, defensive concepts.

I always had the feeling that Romo was an improvisator For that he needed guys around him who knew exactly what he would do. So he wasnt exactly a team friendly guy. He had his one or two WRs who kew and understand his thinking. Everybody else was often lost. He wasnt able to play a system like Brady was, where everybody knew what the QB was planing to do. You could often sense that he made calls at the line of scrimage where only one guy really knew what he was planing to do. That doesnt bode well. It gives you a great play here or there. But over a longer time your losses will be bigger than your gains.

Against better defenses you could/can see their limited talent. Romo had some good games against better defenses in his career where Dak has not one.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak better than Romo ?

Seriously i am no Romo fanboy, i dont even think he was a good QB. But to call Dak a better QB than him? Come on man. Romo at least was able to read defenses pre snap.

We changed QBs because we had a run woth Dak and Romos body was calling end-of-life. It was a no brainer to not risk it and go back to Romo.
TMC be trollin.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think Romo was the better player at the QB position. Nt by far but better all around. Especially in understanding the game, defensive concepts.

But against better defenses you could/can see their limited talent. Romo had some good games against better defenses in his career where Dak has not one.
I'm not a Dak fan, but that's just not true.

From a quick perusal of what I have in front of me:

Cowboys 40 Eagles 34. Eagles D rank: 2

TB's D was 9th the year Dak chewed them up in the playoffs.

Romo was very weak on slants and crosses. Dak is not. There's one area where Dak is better.

Romo is getting propped up a bit w/ after-career glory. Both are pretty good QBs.

Hardline

Reaction score
He’s saying stick with what you have until you have a viable replacement. Sounds like sound logic to me. But Jerry will draft the next Paxton Lynch and you guys will be happy simply because he’s unknown lol.
Wrong.. We will be happy when we draft our next Troy Aikman.
The odds are very low we do but the odds are 0% when you don't try.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It'd certainly be a surprise if Jerry and Stephen had the guts to take a chance on starting Trey Lance, in the event he displays a readiness to assume the starting job in TC in the not-too-distant future. It would likely be something to change their image of faking the capacity to manage capably and plod along with poor results at playoff time. Here's hoping they'll wake up and see an opportunity to change that. It seems a longshot, though! ;)

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan, but that's just not true.

From a quick perusal of what I have in front of me:

Cowboys 40 Eagles 34. Eagles D rank: 2

TB's D was 9th the year Dak chewed them up in the playoffs.

Romo was very weak on slants and crosses. Dak is not. There's one area where Dak is better.

Romo is getting propped up a bit w/ after-career glory. Both are pretty good QBs.
Well first of all i dont think Romo or Dak were/are good QBs. Romo to me was an upper medicore one. Where i see Dak as a bad NFL QB. Maybe lower medicore at best.

And i dont see how you think Romo was very weak on slants and crosses ? That you have to explain.

One of Daks weaknesses is his inaccuracy. You can see this especially on crossing or in routes. Where he constantly throws behind the player. The only throw Dak really can make on a constant basis is to hit the TE over the middle against the cover 2. Where he has to throw without an angle exactly straight forward. The moment Dak has to throw with an angle his inaccuracy will show.

Another good example is his inability to throw the back shoulder fade, which essentially ended Dez career. Who made a living out of that together with Romo. Who was perfect on this throw.

I cant remember that Eagles game, but i trust you and give you that. And i give you also the TB game. Even when TB was a very very medicore team that year. When you dont have an offense that can produce all the preassure is on your defense. And their defense wasnt a good one that year either. Even when they were in 9th place. As far as i remember they didnt match up well against our offense. But i would have to look that up.

I cant remember another game where Dak played well against a good defense.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It'd certainly be a surprise if Jerry and Stephen had the guts to take a chance on starting Trey Lance, in the event he displays a readiness to assume the starting job in TC and the not too distant future. It would likely be something to change their image of pretending the capacity to manage capably, while plodding along with poor results at playoff time. Here's hoping they wake up and see an opportunity to change for the better. It's a longshot, tho!
I sure dont know but i hope that they plan on not extending Dak this year and use that year to see if Lance could be an answer at QB. That doesnt mean start him, but give him all the opportunities in preseason and in training.

If so they would have more leverage in contract talks next year with Dak. If not they essentially lose not a lot. Dak wants all the money he can quench out of Dallas. If thats this year or next. Doesnt matter.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I think for some of us we laugh at this because it insinuates Dak is holding us back. The problem with that is we sucked for the past 28 years…..Dak has only been in the league 8. The math isn’t working unless we want to blame 3 year old Dak for 28 years ago.
But the man in charge says he is and he has final say: ‘the team will go as far as Dak takes them.’

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah,
same here. Like you must have a hundred percent plan of something better or we'll stick with our comfort zone ceiling of one and done playoff pretender.
The risk is worth the reward.
Those saying otherwise are literal mouthpieces for Jerry's relevance philosophy.

If we blow a draft pick, so be it. Draft another one.
And keep drafting until you hit.
This QB purgatory is insanity personified in doing something over and over the same way while expecting different results.

Every single fan should know by now how the season ends if Dak stays at QB.

And that's not good enough.
Time to move on.
Easily the best post of your career, sick of the excuses as to why we can't let him go, some have been brainwashed into thinking this. If we fail, hey it's not the first time we've failed. Like you said, keep drafting, one will hit eventually! We've had worse!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It'd certainly be a surprise if Jerry and Stephen had the guts to take a chance on starting Trey Lance, in the event he displays a readiness to assume the starting job in TC in the not-too-distant future. It would likely be something to change their image of faking the capacity to manage capably and plod along with poor results at playoff time. Here's hoping they'll wake up and see an opportunity to change that. It seems a longshot, though! ;)
If they're going to move on from Dak than they might as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You clearly said that Dak was superior. You didn't say his name but that's exactly what you were insinuating.

They're the same loser QB's in my book.
Then you don't care about the facts. Dak gifts the other team 14 free easy 1st half points.

Romo had to go out and win the game 14 times...as his receiver drops an easy TD, as his star WR fumbles the TD "no catch" , as his star RB fumbles on an easy TD rumble.

But they are BOTH the same LOSER.

Please dude..I know you are smarter than this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak better than Romo ?

Seriously i am no Romo fanboy, i dont even think he was a good QB. But to call Dak a better QB than him? Come on man. Romo at least was able to read defenses pre snap.

We changed QBs because we had a run woth Dak and Romos body was calling end-of-life. It was a no brainer to not risk it and go back to Romo.
Dak was superior to Romo. Romo had back issues. What good is reading a defense when you can’t get on the field?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t listen to anything Jerry says and you shouldn’t either.
Well, you kind of should because all signs are pointing to what you don’t really want. Jerry doesn’t have to be right, rational, or even realistic, because as the head honcho of the team, both as owner and GM, it’s what he says and does that matters as far as any player is concerned in the organization.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton got his arse handed to him repeatedly when the other team had their starting QBs. he only won three close games, with the help of defense when the other team had their 2nd and 3rd string starters...but yeah, alziemers is a wonderful thing for you.

Dalton choked, couldn't hit the side of the barn in the most important game of the year, throwing an interception in the end zone costing the game....that's the QB you hang your hat on....desparation is not becoming.

No buddy… facts are:

1. Dalton had a much better record that Dak that year.

2. Dak didn’t have a single starting OL by the time of the bye, even Dak had a prime Zach Martin.

3. Dalton won 4 games by scoring average of 34 PPG.

Dalton threw an INT after Lamb dropped a wide open TD.

Dalton was better than Dak period. He beat up on bad teams just like Dakk, but unlike Dak, did it without the fortune of 3 all-pros on OL.

That’s all that matters, that Dalton, just like Rush, proved Dak irrelevant. Any dude could have walked into this roster and won games only to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Kellen Moore was a Detroit Lions UDFA who did not play a single down in three seasons with the team 2012-14.
In 2015, the Cowboys signed Moore to the practice squad.
He became the backup to Brandon Weeden when Romo was out with the shoulder injury (the first time). Even when Weeden faltered, the Cowboys signed another QB - Matt Cassel to start instead of Moore.
When Cassel was bad f
Because Garrett wanted it. Linehan brought Moore with him from Detroit.