You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I mean he was superior to him IMO. Dak had the locker room, he was more mobile, played smarter…..I don’t see how that’s not superior. He did light up the Eagles for one seeker though in a meaningless game.
True. Dak indeed was superior in throwing more TDs and INTs to the other team in one playoff game than Romo did in six of them.

You can follow Dak to his new team and tell them how superior he is to all the other QBs on the roster.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
The posters that want to tank the season so we can rebuild for the future must have really loved the 5-11 seasons of 2000, 2001, and 2002.
Most of them have higher expectations than just a good season with little hope at reaching the SB. The Cowboys are going to need an elite QB to do that. They don't properly support the Dak types.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Except he lost by throwing a deep pass to Dez Bryant on 4th down……
A perfect pass that was caught.

He didn't lose, the team did.

A QB can play great and the team still lose. That doesn't mean the QB didn't play great and wasn't better than other guys.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Lol

Dak is not on the same atmosphere as Favre or Peyton …. it’s going to be ok I promise. 2-5 Dak in the playoffs not being here will be ok … maybe it stings for a few seasons but long term we will better off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True. Dak indeed was superior in throwing more TDs and INTs to the other team in one playoff game than Romo did in six of them.

You can follow Dak to his new team and tell them how superior he is to all the other QBs on the roster.
Why do you keep addressing me? You didn’t notice I stopped replying to you when you started trolling? The adults have a discussion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol

Dak is not on the same atmosphere as Favre or Peyton …. it’s going to be ok I promise. 2-5 Dak in the playoffs not being here will be ok … maybe it stings for a few seasons but long term we will better off.
It’s been 28 years but I guess another 28 you will still be saying the same thing lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A perfect pass that was caught.

He didn't lose, the team did.

A QB can play great and the team still lose. That doesn't mean the QB didn't play great and wasn't better than other guys.
Oh wow…I didn’t know a team loses games I thought only one person did it. Good stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
The posters that want to tank the season so we can rebuild for the future must have really loved the 5-11 seasons of 2000, 2001, and 2002.
Au contraire. Those 5-11 seasons were the result of refusing to tank. Those who DON'T want to tank the season must've really loved the 5-11 seasons of 2000, 2001, and 2002.

If we'd have been tanking, we would've had extra draft picks instead of not having first round picks to rebuild.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No buddy… facts are:

1. Dalton had a much better record that Dak that year.

2. Dak didn’t have a single starting OL by the time of the bye, even Dak had a prime Zach Martin.

3. Dalton won 4 games by scoring average of 34 PPG.

Dalton threw an INT after Lamb dropped a wide open TD.

Dalton was better than Dak period. He beat up on bad teams just like Dakk, but unlike Dak, did it without the fortune of 3 all-pros on OL.

That’s all that matters, that Dalton, just like Rush, proved Dak irrelevant. Any dude could have walked into this roster and won games only to lose in the first round of the playoffs.
Facts...so lets do facts which you conveniently ignore.d

against AZ, washington, Philly he played against their QB starters and got BLOWN out each time. I mean total of 22 points in 3 games.

then beat the viking. I give him that.

and then blown out again...against washington. I mean blown out. against playing against another team with their starting QB.

and then blown out again, against Raven...another team with their starting QB. then got lucky and got to play against nick mullins (WHO?) and SF with the help of defense scoring and helping him out and eeked out a win. and I give him philly and then big CHOKE against Giants throwing an interception in the end zone.

he won three games. he choked away a lead against Giants, then the team won it again because of Gallups, spactacular acrobatic catch. he should have kissed his foot after the game.

and here we go again, excuses excuses excuses. the interception is blamed on Lamb, as if no WR ever dropped a Dak pass.

Dalton was no wher close to being better than Dak. not in the same planet. not in the same galaxy...Dalton SUCKED. no excuses.

Dalton in fact proved we needed Dak at the time more than anything else.

you failed. again. aren't you tired of it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Au contraire. Those 5-11 seasons were the result of refusing to tank. Those who DON'T want to tank the season must've really loved the 5-11 seasons of 2000, 2001, and 2002.

If we'd have been tanking, we would've had extra draft picks instead of not having first round picks to rebuild.
Extra draft picks with what? You had bad talent. Truthfully Campo wasn’t a bad coach. He had terrible teams and terrible quarterback play. 5-11 gives you good draft picks…..how serious can you be about winning when your best player is Dexter Coakley?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

The Colts did not move on from Peyton Manning until they had Andrew Luck.

Successful organizations don’t move on from guys until they have the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
Yes you do. To over pay and be handcuffed is just moronic.

kskboys

Reaction score
Extra draft picks with what? You had bad talent. Truthfully Campo wasn’t a bad coach. He had terrible teams and terrible quarterback play. 5-11 gives you good draft picks…..how serious can you be about winning when your best player is Dexter Coakley?
No, 5-11 does not give you good draft picks if you have traded away consecutive 1st round picks. Which is what we did.

It appears that you're forgetting that Woodson was on those teams. So was 29 yr old Larry Allen, still in his prime. Stepnoski, Leon Lett.

If you want to build a team, you trade away valuable players who won't be there by the time you're good anyway. Not rebuilding is what kept us at 5-11.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Imagine hyping up beating the Lions but complaining about beating dogs lol….Romo got fat off beating dogs and losing to them…..the damn Giants and Vikings…. :laugh:
Imagine calling the 2nd ranked defense in yards and 3rd in points a "dog".

Or the defense that was also top 10 in both categories.

My goodness....

Oh, and, imagine absolving Dak of all responsibility in a loss because he was sacked six times, but then stating Romo lost the game in which he was sacked six times.

You do have quite the imagination.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Can't say I loved the last 21 years either. An embarrassment of choking and losing in unbelievable fashion. That's your 21st century Cowboys with only 4 playoff wins this century. I know one thing. Being 5-11 a few years would force Jerry to do something because the only thing he cares about is being relevant.

Qcard

Reaction score
Facts...so lets do facts which you conveniently ignore.d

against AZ, washington, Philly he played against their QB starters and got BLOWN out each time. I mean total of 22 points in 3 games.

then beat the viking. I give him that.

and then blown out again...against washington. I mean blown out. against playing against another team with their starting QB.

and then blown out again, against Raven...another team with their starting QB. then got lucky and got to play against nick mullins (WHO?) and SF with the help of defense scoring and helping him out and eeked out a win. and I give him philly and then big CHOKE against Giants throwing an interception in the end zone.

he won three games. he choked away a lead against Giants, then the team won it again because of Gallups, spactacular acrobatic catch. he should have kissed his foot after the game.

and here we go again, excuses excuses excuses. the interception is blamed on Lamb, as if no WR ever dropped a Dak pass.

Dalton was no wher close to being better than Dak. not in the same planet. not in the same galaxy...Dalton SUCKED. no excuses.

Dalton in fact proved we needed Dak at the time more than anything else.

you failed. again. aren't you tired of it?
:hammer:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, 5-11 does not give you good draft picks if you have traded away consecutive 1st round picks. Which is what we did.

It appears that you're forgetting that Woodson was on those teams. So was 29 yr old Larry Allen, still in his prime. Stepnoski, Leon Lett.

If you want to build a team, you trade away valuable players who won't be there by the time you're good anyway. Not rebuilding is what kept us at 5-11.
And you feel they are doing that his year? Y'all claim we are rebuilding but they haven't traded anyone lol.