You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

Blitzen

Reaction score
I don’t pretend to know or speak for a whole fanbase……millions of us have our own beliefs and views….

You said the fans would never respect him even if he won a championship-which sounds like you are pretending to know and speak for others. I’ve had discussions with hundreds of fellow Cowboys fans and some fans of other teams. The enormous majority of them think of Dak as a tier 2 QB (like the bulk of the league)-that looks really good on a really good roster but would look very bad on a very bad roster.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said the fans would never respect him even if he won a championship-which sounds like you are pretending to know and speak for others. I’ve had discussions with hundreds of fellow Cowboys fans and some fans of other teams. The enormous majority of them think of Dak as a tier 2 QB (like the bulk of the league)-that looks really good on a really good roster but would look very bad on a very bad roster.
I was agreeing with your statement that the fans would never respect him. Now you’re saying they would?

A QB looking bad on a bad roster means what lol? Isn’t that common sense? What QB looks good on a bad roster?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Of course he won't. Dak has never had their respect to being with and I'd hope he has enough sense to know he never will. If he won a ring next season they'd just give credit to his cast. IT is what it is. Respect from this fanbase means nothing lol.
I agree with that last sentence. So he could just as well stay here, it simply doesn't matter what we say. I'm well aware of that.

With that being said, **** off Dak, any other team is fine with me, even within the division. Heck maybe a change of scenery will do him good and he can finally achieve something with another team. Wish him all the best. Go win a Superbowl someplace else and I will be totally relaxed because I know he wouldn't have done it here anymore.

And he did have my respect in his first couple of years. But at some point even the dumbest homer gotta accept that he's not the guy. And just like his fans "credit" his losses to his team I credit his wins to the other men on the field. Because time and time and time again he has proven that he is nothing but a stats padder and whenever someone serious comes along he wets his pants.

That's not Jerry, that's not coaching, that's not his o line or his receivers, that's him. The others screwed up too, no arguing here. But he's always among the suckers, never been the savior. And that's what I expect from a top notch QB every now and then.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree with that last sentence. So he could just as well stay here, it simply doesn't matter what we say. I'm well aware of that.

With that being said, **** off Dak, any other team is fine with me, even within the division. Heck maybe a change of scenery will do him good and he can finally achieve something with another team. Wish him all the best. Go win a Superbowl someplace else and I will be totally relaxed because I know he wouldn't have done it here anymore.

And he did have my respect in his first couple of years. But at some point even the dumbest homer gotta accept that he's not the guy. And just like his fans "credit" his losses to his team I credit his wins to the other men on the field. Because time and time and time again he has proven that he is nothing but a stats padder and whenever someone serious comes along he wets his pants.

That's not Jerry, that's not coaching, that's not his o line or his receivers, that's him. The others screwed up too, no arguing here. But he's always among the suckers, never been the savior. And that's what I expect from a top notch QB every now and then.
So Dak is the reason Micah and the defense sucked against GB?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
They never admit that though. Eli always stumps them,
Ah, the common attempt to point to outliers to attempt, but fail, to disprove the general rule. You think you guys are the first to try this? LOL.

And for the record, Eli stepped up when it mattered most. At least he was elite in that regard unlike any QB we've had since the 1990s.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ah, the common attempt to point to outliers to attempt, but fail, to disprove the general rule. You think you guys are the first to try this? LOL.

And for the record, Eli stepped up when it mattered most. At least he was elite in that regard unlike any QB we've had since the 1990s.
What? Before you go further you do know what’s being discussed right?

Blitzen

Reaction score
I was agreeing with your statement that the fans would never respect him. Now you’re saying they would?

A QB looking bad on a bad roster means what lol? Isn’t that common sense? What QB looks good on a bad roster?

I mean on offense of course-as they have next to nothing to do with the defense.

Pat Mahomes pushed that team last year across the finish line. Yes, he absolutely needed the defense for the SB. Maybe 1-2 other current QBs could have done that with that offensive cast. They were so poor last season, and he and the defense came through again and again.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I assure you no victims are being played.

We can call it by many things.

What's odd to me...Mr. Lumpkins...is your are hammering me about calling out something very harmful to honest discussions

But NEVER ONCE saying what TCM is doing isn't right either.

So...you have zero credibility about your fake outrage..mkay?

It doesn't matter if it's hyperbole, shade, deception...outright lying....it doesn;t matter.

NOBODY SAID ROMO NEEDS TO BE GOD LIKE.

You never said ONE thing about that lie. You are done.
Note the use of all caps indicating the rant. Bolded by myself for emphasis

Blitzen

Reaction score
They never admit that though. Eli always stumps them,

No Eli does not, lol. You are trying to go with a simple definition on “elite.” I already retorted about the career composite performances along with the deep playoff runs, clutch throws in big moments against very good defenses. If you need a full definition, I could probably come up with something very comprehensive-but it would be extremely long with plenty of data points, accomplishments, etc. It’s wasted on someone like you that would just say-we will have to agree to disagree as those data points are your own subjective measure of “elite.” There’s not much to discuss here. You likely think Dak is much better than I or many others do. I won’t be changing your mind, and it does not matter to me if I do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean on offense of course-as they have next to nothing to do with the defense.

Pat Mahomes pushed that team last year across the finish line. Yes, he absolutely needed the defense for the SB. Maybe 1-2 other current QBs could have done that with that offensive cast. They were so poor last season, and he and the defense came through again and again.
Yeah you can say a lot about the Chiefs but you can't cal them a poor roster lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No Eli does not, lol. You are trying to go with a simple definition on “elite.” I already retorted about the career composite performances along with the deep playoff runs, clutch throws in big moments against very good defenses. If you need a full definition, I could probably come up with something very comprehensive-but it would be extremely long with plenty of data points, accomplishments, etc. It’s wasted on someone like you that would just say-we will have to agree to disagree as those data points are your own subjective measure of “elite.” There’s not much to discuss here. You likely think Dak is much better than I or many others do. I won’t be changing your mind, and it does not matter to me if I do.
No need. The word "elite" is subjective. Everyone has their own definition of it. And you're right. You won't change my mind. No pro Dak or anti Dak can. When it comes to the Dak discussion I listen to those not bias on either side.

kskboys

Reaction score

It was moreso the D that pushed them across the finish line. Patty did his part, though.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Yeah you can say a lot about the Chiefs but you can't cal them a poor roster lol.

The Chiefs’ surrounding offensive roster was overall poor-they had no legit receivers besides a gimpy Kelce. Poor running game. The defensive roster was superb.