You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Chiefs’ surrounding offensive roster was overall poor-they had no legit receivers besides a gimpy Kelce. Poor running game. The defensive roster was superb.
Chiefs have a top quarterback that can carry the offense as an individual. It was similar with Brady who could work with most any receivers.

Given there are typically only 1 or 2 QBs at that level in the NFL at any particular time, expecting that for the random selected team is asinine.

kskboys

Reaction score
Luck looked like he got sacked constantly.

Elway couldn't do jack with some superb WR until he had a running game.

Archie Manning fits the bill from 40 years ago.
Yes, but they looked good on bad teams, which is what the question was. Luck made a championship game, Elway drug 3 subpar teams to super bowls.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Chiefs have a top quarterback that can carry the offense as an individual. It was similar with Brady who could work with most any receivers.

Given there are typically only 1 or 2 QBs at that level in the NFL at any particular time, expecting that for the random selected team is asinine.

I know-I was pointing out that some QBs obviously can transform a poor surrounding offense into a functional unit that can score points (even against the best teams). I don’t expect the Cowboys to pick someone like that in the draft, but this thought that QB’s like Brock Purdy and Dak Prescott are rare gems amongst trash is equally asinine. If you have a very good offensive cast, you can use one of many QB’s to great effect in the regular season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who knows what the heck that guy will show-he basically has been out of football since 2019 (in which he only played a few games).
I don't have much hope, but I'm definitely rooting for him!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or you recognize that he isn't it and you move on to the next who might be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Chiefs’ surrounding offensive roster was overall poor-they had no legit receivers besides a gimpy Kelce. Poor running game. The defensive roster was superb.
Ok but you didn't say the offense. Unless you don't think the defense is part of the team? The defense is a big part in why they got a ring this year. Mahomes as well. As well as Rice and Pacheco and Kelce.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Ok but you didn't say the offense. Unless you don't think the defense is part of the team? The defense is a big part in why they got a ring this year. Mahomes as well. As well as Rice and Pacheco and Kelce.

I figured it was a given as the QB does not play on the defense and cannot really make them look good or bad at their jobs-nor vice versa much. Pacheco rushed for 935 yards over a 17 game season. Rice is a developing receiver-though who knows what is about to happen to him with all his drama. The offense was not consistent and generally poor and the Chiefs should have lost to Baltimore if Lamar Jackson and Zay Flowers had not melted down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I figured it was a given as the QB does not play on the defense and cannot really make them look good or bad at their jobs-nor vice versa much. Pacheco rushed for 935 yards over a 17 game season. Rice is a developing receiver-though who knows what is about to happen to him with all his drama. The offense was not consistent and generally poor and the Chiefs should have lost to Baltimore if Lamar Jackson and Zay Flowers had not melted down.
You're just arguing just to argue. Pacheco didn't play in 17 games I don't know what you're talking about. You're discrediting these guys simply because they aren't household names. But games aren't won on paper. Pacheco and Rice are good players. If you want to say that Mahomes does more with less than anyone that's a fair assessment. But you're all over the place. It's funny though you don't defend Cowboys players this hard lol.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You listed 2. That's not several. And put some years on these rosters what year are you referencing?

I was talking about QB’s with poor or subpar surrounding casts playing well enough to make fans excited about the the future. Not necessarily putting up a good record.

Really good offensive supporting casts can make tier two QB’s appear like tier one QB’s depending on the defenses faced. That’s why the playoffs expose so many QB’s because you typically run into the best defenses sometime in the postseason (which makes running the football so much more difficult). I actually think there are lots of tier 2 QB’s that got stuck with too many years of poor surrounding casts and got labeled as busts.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You're just arguing just to argue. Pacheco didn't play in 17 games I don't know what you're talking about. You're discrediting these guys simply because they aren't household names. But games aren't won on paper. Pacheco and Rice are good players. If you want to say that Mahomes does more with less than anyone that's a fair assessment. But you're all over the place. It's funny though you don't defend Cowboys players this hard lol.

Who am I defending? Lol

You are being obtuse on too many rebuttals. I never meant that a QB could walk out and run around and throw passes to himself without any assistance from his teammates (who need to be practice squad or lower caliber evidently to be termed poor or subpar). I’ve watched some (not tons) of QB’s look very promising or play very well despite the fact that they are losing lots of games. I’ve seen QB’s play well with subpar or poor rosters and make them a higher end offense just based on their rare talent. I used Pat as a recent example. That offense was manhandled many times throughout the season/postseason and Pat kept them in games because of his rare gifts/talent. Hence my stance that he made a poor or if you would rather subpar offensive unit functional even against the best teams. And hence my stance that some QB’s can make a poor/subpar offensive roster look much better than they actually are. Most starting QB’s fall into the tier 2 category and would not look good or accomplish much with that same Chiefs offense-even with the defense. They would likely score fewer points, end drives more often, and lose several more games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who am I defending? Lol

You are being obtuse on too many rebuttals. I never meant that a QB could walk out and run around and throw passes to himself without any assistance from his teammates (who need to be practice squad or lower caliber evidently to be termed poor or subpar). I’ve watched some (not tons) of QB’s look very promising or play very well despite the fact that they are losing lots of games. I’ve seen QB’s play well with subpar or poor rosters and make them a higher end offense just based on their rare talent. I used Pat as a recent example. That offense was manhandled many times throughout the season/postseason and Pat kept them in games because of his rare gifts/talent. Hence my stance that he made a poor or if you would rather subpar offensive unit functional even against the best teams. And hence my stance that some QB’s can make a poor/subpar offensive roster look much better than they actually are. Most starting QB’s fall into the tier 2 category and would not look good or accomplish much with that same Chiefs offense-even with the defense. They would likely score fewer points, end drives more often, and lose several more games.
One guy can’t make a bad team good. Just doesn’t happen.

khiladi

Reaction score
wow, so what's the excuse with Dalton not once beating another starting QB?
At least now you Admitted that Dalton put up points against bad teams with injuries.

at least you were able to take a deep breath taking your head of Dalton's rear. take another deep breath before you dive in again.

Dalton Sucked. he was 0-5 in playoffs. 0-12 in win or go home in his career. he did the same in dallas too. he didn't beat any team with a winning record. he only beat teams missing starters and dealing with injuries (I find it funny you talk about injuries to Dallas, but TOTALLY ignore injuries to the opposition, yeah those don't matter because it makes your line of argument fall apart, so ignore it).

btw, you did know Tyron Smith got injured in the second game of that season? you are aware of that since you are keeping track of injuries. you do realize Martin played 10 games including the games Dalton led team got blown out? you did know that? right? you were aware? right? or did your emotions get the best of you again and you just rambled on?

also, congratulations for following my lead....it took you several responses to get it. you are a slow study.
So many excuses….

The reference point is not the crap Bengals, it’s the Cowboys Buddy. Dalton had a worse roster than Dak and had a much better record IN DALLAS THAN DAK..

He beat up bad teams just like Dak beat up on bad teams AFTER THE BYE. It’s almost as if fanboys like you, using Dak is “elite” beating up on bad teams with a wildly superior roster, is something sort of accomplishment. The QBs you say suck had ZERO problems doing what Dak did, including a 4th string QB with a noodle arm.

so yeah Buddy, you and I very well know you spent like 5 years trying to convince me Dak was elite and I didn’t know what i was talking about.. Dalton and Rush both proved you wrong and now here you are saying “we don’t have any other options right now”, knowing full all if you listened to me back then, we wouldn’t be screwed with Dak and we would have moved on a long time ago, because we all know both Dalton and Rush proved what I was saying long ago..