You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So many excuses….

The reference point is not the crap Bengals, it’s the Cowboys Buddy. Dalton had a worse roster than Dak and had a much better record IN DALLAS THAN DAK..

He beat up bad teams just like Dak beat up on bad teams AFTER THE BYE. It’s almost as if fanboys like you, using Dak is “elite” beating up on bad teams with a wildly superior roster, is something sort of accomplishment. The QBs you say sucked had ZERO problems doing it..
so the bengals make your argument fall apart....lets ignore it.
the injury excuses for Dalton fell apart....lets ignore it
Dalton beating any winning team, caused your argument fall apart....lets ignore it

I see a pattern. anything that makes your meaningless illogical argument fall apart. ignore it.

that very year, Dak beat an 11-5 team. where Dalton didn't come close...oh no, did your illogical argument fall apart again.

Dude, Dalton Sucks. Dalton <<<<<<<<<<< Dak.

doesn't mean Dak is elite (since you can't separate the two things given your mental challenges)..... it just means Dalton Sucked. you are the only person in entire universe who thinks Dalton is/was better than Dak. you notice NOBODY else, none of your posse is coming to your defense. you are alone in this. all by yourself. the only person ever.

done!

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton beating any winning team, caused your argument fall apart....lets ignore it

I see a pattern. anything that makes your meaningless illogical argument fall apart. ignore it.

that very year, Dak beat an 11-5 team. where Dalton didn't come close...oh no, did your illogical argument fall apart again.

doesn't mean Dak is elite (since you can't separate the two things given your mental challenges)..... it just means Dalton Sucked. you are the only person in entire universe who thinks Dalton is/was better than Dak. you notice NOBODY else, none of your posse is coming to your defense. you are alone in this. all by yourself. the only person ever.

done!
The Bengals drafted Dalton to resurrect a garbage franchise, unlike the 4th string QB that is Dak.

The reference point is the COWBOYS and their roster. Dak’s record against winning teams is TRASH and it looks better than it is. Dalton didn’t have 3 all-pros on his OL and still had no problems beating losing teams by averaging 34 PPG. Those are facts. There was no 11-5 team Dak beat in 2020.

Cooper Rush was 5-1 with the same roster.

You kept following me around telling me Dak was elite and now here you are, still telling me how you supposedly are Mr. Know it All for QB play and football, while knowing full well if you listened to me, Dak would have been gone long ago and you would have flipped your opinion a lot sooner, making it seem like you know what you were talking about back then.

But it’s cool Buddy….

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Bengals drafted Dalton to resurrect a garbage franchise, unlike the 4th string QB that is Dak.

The reference point is the COWBOYS and their roster. Dak’s record against winning teams is TRASH and it looks better than it is. Dalton didn’t have 3 all-pros on his OL and still had no problems beating losing teams by averaging 34 PPG. Those are facts. There was no 11-5 team Dak beat in 2020.

You kept following me around telling me Dak was elite and now here you are, still telling me how you supposedly are Mr. Know it All for QB play and football, while knowing full well if you listened to me, Dak would have been gone long ago and you would have flipped your opinion a lot sooner, making it seem like you know what you were talking about back then.

But it’s cool Buddy….
aha, sure thing. ooookkk then... :thumbup:

Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

The Colts did not move on from Peyton Manning until they had Andrew Luck.

Successful organizations don’t move on from guys until they have the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
The problem is, and the motto should be, that you don't stop looking until The Franchise is on the roster,,, that's where they failed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who am I defending? Lol

You are being obtuse on too many rebuttals. I never meant that a QB could walk out and run around and throw passes to himself without any assistance from his teammates (who need to be practice squad or lower caliber evidently to be termed poor or subpar). I’ve watched some (not tons) of QB’s look very promising or play very well despite the fact that they are losing lots of games. I’ve seen QB’s play well with subpar or poor rosters and make them a higher end offense just based on their rare talent. I used Pat as a recent example. That offense was manhandled many times throughout the season/postseason and Pat kept them in games because of his rare gifts/talent. Hence my stance that he made a poor or if you would rather subpar offensive unit functional even against the best teams. And hence my stance that some QB’s can make a poor/subpar offensive roster look much better than they actually are. Most starting QB’s fall into the tier 2 category and would not look good or accomplish much with that same Chiefs offense-even with the defense. They would likely score fewer points, end drives more often, and lose several more games.
Go back and look at KC's season. They gave up more than 21 points three times all season long including the playoffs. Never gave up 30 points.

How does Mahomes do that? Maybe he could teach Dak in the off season.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Go back and look at KC's season. They gave up more than 21 points three times all season long including the playoffs. Never gave up 30 points.

How does Mahomes do that? Maybe he could teach Dak in the off season.

Keep your panties on-I was pointing out what Mahomes (and other elite QB’s) could do with subpar surrounding offensive talent. The KC offense still moved the ball and scored when needed (I show that the KC offense did score points last season-so the KC defense did not do everything by themselves).

KC wins fewer than 8 games last season if Dak was their QB. Let’s never compare Mahomes to Dak-it’s embarrassing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Keep your panties on-I was pointing out what Mahomes (and other elite QB’s) could do with subpar surrounding offensive talent. The KC offense still moved the ball and scored when needed (I show that the KC offense did score points last season-so the KC defense did not do everything by themselves).

KC wins fewer than 8 games last season if Dak was their QB. Let’s never compare Mahomes to Dak-it’s embarrassing.
When you give up 20 points or less you don't need a tone of offensive talent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wow! I bet you didn't know the power you have. If you had only listened, Dak would be gone.

You must be that illegitimate child of JJ everyone talks about.
oookkk then....awsome :thumbup:

you only put two sentences, but there is 8 layers of stupidity baked into it. perhaps more....just astounded by your capability.....

Chasing6

Reaction score

But it’s cool Buddy….
How is the teams record against winning teams? Just curious.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I agree dak needs a 53-man roster with all pros in every position. Even the backups need to be all pro too, just in case someone gets hurt. I'd even pay him 60 million because he dak good. rah rah.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree dak needs a 53-man roster with all pros in every position. Even the backups need to be all pro too, just in case someone gets hurt. I'd even pay him 60 million because he dak good. rah rah.
You should check Troy Aikman's roster when he had 8 on offense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

done!
I had high hopes for Dalton...sadly he sucked here. He didn't seem to me to be as bad on other teams as he was here. The Dallas Curse?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The problem is, and the motto should be, that you don't stop looking until The Franchise is on the roster,,, that's where they failed.
in the salary cap era wouldn't it be dont stop regardless of who is on the roster...every year teams change, players get older and salaries go up...you should be looking at cheap upgrades to any position you can get every year i would think..Am i saying you replace Mahomes when his rookie deal is up..no, but if you drafted a QB that could challenge him on a rookie deal..would that be a bad thing..and again this goes for every position as you save cap anywhere you can to fill holes in FA.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nuance is a struggle for you.
Nuance? On an internet message board? If you yourself knew nuance, youd know why i capped a sentence or two.

"all caps" Is hardly nuance. It means exactly what it says. Which never happened.
Maybe you meant somerhing else. But whatever....take your win.