You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
One thing about the No Names is now they have DQ and DQ causes TO’s. He also knows Dak pretty well and how to attack him. The Commanders will not be easy this year because of this IMO.
I don't doubt for a second we split this year. At best.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
34, 30, 41. What are those numbers? Those are the total points the defense surrendered in three of those losses. The Cowboys lost while scoring 31, 23 and 32 points in those games. But we put it all on the quarterback? ***.

plymkr

Reaction score
Love made Dak look like a 4 th string QB.
It was there for all to see what a truly talented Franchise QB can do and what Dak is against playoff-caliber teams......a dud.
I would change this a little bit and say the playoff atmosphere made Dak look like a 4th string QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would change this a little bit and say the playoff atmosphere made Dak look like a 4th string QB.
Nah, when did Dak look good in the regular season against playoff-bound teams like the Bills, Lions, Phins, and Niners?
And not only last season he's below .500 against teams in the previous seasons with a winning record.
Its not a playoff gimp its a facing non-dog team gimp.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak sucked in the game against GB.
CD sucked
defense sucked
Pollard sucked
McCarthy sucked
Quinn sucked.

the whole team sucked. I am not happy about Dak's play, but I will not dismiss the rest of them sucking. you don't give up 48 points because you are a good defense. lets take out the 13 points. you don't give up 35 points for being a good defense. you don't pout on the sideline in the most important game of the year. the whole thing was total embarassement for anyone who had any affiliation with cowboys organization.
I think there’s a couple independent truths going on here. Dak, CD, Micah Podcast, Defense and coaches all sucked. If you go back and watch that game it’s pretty brutal. The whole team played like they didn’t want to be there. The body language was flat, no emotion, no fight. Nothing. It looked like they didn’t care at all. If you watch Micah individually, he was absolutely trash and he seemed very uninterested. He took a lot of plays off.

Anyway my point is there is a cultural issue with the Cowboys because how does everyone just not care about a playoff game.

So with the idea of paying Dak. Will paying Dak 60 million change the culture? Forget wins and loses for a second, forget playoff records. Strictly culture I feel you let Dak go, trade Micah and trade CD and get guys in here that want to play. I think paying these guys now, after quitting in a playoff game, will perpetuate this horrible culture. I’ll be very impressed with Jerry if he blows this up and rebuilds the team because that team that showed up to the Green Bay game did not want to play.

plymkr

Reaction score
Nah, when did Dak look good in the regular season against playoff-bound teams like the Bills, Lions, Phins, and Niners?
And not only last season he's below .500 against teams in the previous seasons with a winning record.
Its not a playoff gimp its a facing non-dog team gimp.
I would say zone defenses and playoff caliber teams make Dak look like a 4th stringer. I agree, Dak’s play on the field against playoff teams has been bad.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think there’s a couple independent truths going on here. Dak, CD, Micah Podcast, Defense and coaches all sucked. If you go back and watch that game it’s pretty brutal. The whole team played like they didn’t want to be there. The body language was flat, no emotion, no fight. Nothing. It looked like they didn’t care at all. If you watch Micah individually, he was absolutely trash and he seemed very uninterested. He took a lot of plays off.

Anyway my point is there is a cultural issue with the Cowboys because how does everyone just not care about a playoff game.

So with the idea of paying Dak. Will paying Dak 60 million change the culture? Forget wins and loses for a second, forget playoff records. Strictly culture I feel you let Dak go, trade Micah and trade CD and get guys in here that want to play. I think paying these guys now, after quitting in a playoff game, will perpetuate this horrible culture. I’ll be very impressed with Jerry if he blows this up and rebuilds the team because that team that showed up to the Green Bay game did not want to play.

There is no excuse for the way the team played in that game. The same can be said of the coaches.. It's their job to GET the guys ready to play in a game like that and they quite simply failed. McCarthy, Quinn, Durde, Harris, Prince.. not one of the position groups played worth a damn. Nobody gets a pass for that game. I made a post in midseason that I thought what this team really lacked was mental toughness. For all the talk about them being physically bullied that isn't anywhere near the real issue. The real issue is guys don't have their heads on straight.. and Jerry is as much to blame for that as anyone. He created the circus that is the Dallas Cowboys and now it's a monster that must continue to be fed. I have been screaming since I was able to get within 5 feet of Dez Bryant as they were going through their Saturday walk-through during a stadium tour that this is absolute madness. No matter who we bring in here until the ringmaster closes down the bigtop this team will accomplish nothing. And he aint about to do that as long as his net worth continues to rival a small country. Those of us who love football and love the Cowboys are our own worst enemy because we won't stop watching and if we stop going to the games there are 100,000 fools who will take our place. I'm afraid it's a cycle that will not be broken until you know what happens.. And then Stephen will take over and run the Cowboys like the Bidwells used to run the Cardinals. Won't that be fun!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Record aside, Dak has been bad three playoff games in a row, and he consistently starts out slow. His pass ratings in the first half of many of those playoff losses have been awful. That’s why you don’t pay him that much. Also, statistically speaking in a supposedly MVP quality year as many “Dak-stans” have suggested, if you look at the quality of the pass defenses he’s played against (32nd in the league), there’s another reason you don’t pay him that much. The playoff performances have been mediocre and the stats in the regular season have been inflated. That’s why things seem to hit the fan against higher quality opponents in the regular season and the playoffs.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
2021? I've been a Cowboys fan a bit longer, but no kudos for such. We've had darker moments during the post-Aikman days for sure, and that includes with TRomo too (injuries,ints, playoff failures, and 8-8 repeats). We're about to go backwards to growing pains similar to the likes of Carter, Wright, Hutchinson and a Bledsoe to name a few.

Our franchise got lucky with TRomo inserted as the starting QB, and even Dak ultimately replacing him. They both gave hope, but franchise dysfunction (coach selections, unaccountable performances, draft busts, etc.) stifled both. Seems ownership and fan base or board posters prefer amnesia to many moments that don't even include Dak. It is what it is........laughable.

As for being a fan so long.......I watch the product on the field and I'm realistic about contender or pretender, after viewing enough. I have hope, but realism curves the false hope. And hearing a player say "We were tired" says it all.
Blame the Strength & Conditioning coaches now and everything else on Dak. SMH.
Ultimately its this. Its just easier to blame the QB since everything goes through them.
Id prefer if we start over at QB, but this team and franchise dont have the want to be champions.

Big_D

Reaction score
Ultimately its this. Its just easier to blame the QB since everything goes through them.
Id prefer if we start over at QB, but this team and franchise dont have the want to be champions.
The Jerry and Stephen combo are nothing but a detriment! Besides the want, it takes smarts and common sense.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Personally there is no chance I’m giving Dak $60M per year, but the playoff record isn’t Dak’s, It’s the teams. Dak is 2-5. Dan Fouts was 3-4. Peyton Manning was 2-4 after his first six playoff games and after his first three was 0-3 with a completion% under 50% and a 1-2 TD to Int ratio.. The team has failed in the playoffs not only the QB. There is a lot of blame to go around.

vlad

Reaction score
The flip side is watching these clowns try to trip into another romo/dak and they get Nolan Ryan’s grandkid to play qb cuz of genetics or some nonsense.

At least we have the rangers, stars and mavs

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more. this loss bothered me more than the last two play off losses. this was uninspired, not motivated, didn't care as you said.

and I don't think we should pay Dak 60M. I think the culture has to change. and that start with changing the people in the organization. I think Jerry is getting there, and I suspect its Johnson's influence, because its such a non-jerry move. this year is going to explode very quickly. lame duck coaches. Dak is in his last year. CD wanting 30M a year and Jerry already bulking at that. Parsons is already part of the culture, for gawd's sake he runs a pod cast during the season. WHY? and he is going to ask for 35M a year and Jerry is not going to pay. it wouldn't surprise me to see players traded during the season. I don't think Jerry even believes Lance is the answer. that trade was such a jerry move. do something without a plan. Lance if he comes cheap will be here in 2025 otherwise, we may roll with Rush or a Rookie QB and try to rebuild.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I wouldn’t resign him. You can’t have a qb making 25 percent of your cap if he’s not elite. The market overpaid for Watson and they tanked one year and got a better QB.
I wouldn't resign him, although 25% is questionable. its cap management. and the QB market has gone through the roof and its only going to go higher. 17 QB make 30M or more. 35 year old average QB like cousins gets 45 M for another couple of years to add to his stash (the most over paid QB ever).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don’t disagree and there are 2 sides of the ball, D wasn’t good but doing nothing the whole first half and spotting 13 points to GB means the score could have been 14-7 at half with Dallas getting the ball back, when you’re in a dog fight you have to keep fighting and the d didn’t fight enough and the O didn’t show up until the 2nd string GB D came in. If this was a back and forth game between the offenses and they lost, that happens and unfortunately that is Daks calling card in the playoffs so yes not showing up until 6 minutes to play that’s on Dak garbage time and stats make it look close but it was a embarrassing loss for both sides of the ball and Dak and MM are the main characters responsible for the debacle
those what if games don't work out. in Seattle game the defense couldn't stop anything and the offense saved their arses. sometimes a top 5 defense has to step up until the other side of the ball gets going. you can't just say one side of the ball is fully responsible all the time and then one person is responsible for that side of the ball all the time. even KC, the defense hung in there until their offense got it going, else that game could have run away from them.

tomokawan

Reaction score
34, 30, 41. What are those numbers? Those are the total points the defense surrendered in three of those losses. The Cowboys lost while scoring 31, 23 and 32 points in those games. But we put it all on the quarterback? ***.
Exactly, I don't get alot these posters. They have no objectivity at all when it comes to Dak. Dak absolutely did not play great against Green Bay. However, unless Dallas scored on every possession, they had no chance with how our defense played. But I saw posters even having the nerve to blame dak for not uplifting the defense. :lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Steelers got to the playoffs with 3 different QBs that add up to 0 QBs. Should they have paid one of them 60 million per year? And they did it in the best division in football.
they also don't have jerry as the GM, a luxuary facility that's more country club than football operations and a real coach.
there is a huge difference