Twitter: You think Dak's contract is bad?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At the time, many of us pointed out this contract would come more into focus over time and with Watson's and rumor that Murray's will match that, Prescott will be out of the top 10 sooner than expected.

The guaranteed portion of both Watson's and Murray's are way beyond Prescott's 126M over 4 years with theirs at 230M over 5. Huge difference.
Daks contract is not what’s preventing this franchise from more success.

Like you said , won’t even be top 10 soon.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The problem with Daks contract isn't the AAV, it's the length. The Cowboys never really get a chance to get ahead of the cap number because Daks deal is up again in two years.

Hurtz probably sees a similar situation where he can cash in, but the Eagles dont want to commit for a monster length deal like Mahomes. With Mahomes deal though the Chiefs can manipulate the cap number to do quite a bit as they have a decade of creative accounting to work with.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Eagles allegedly have one of the better defenses in the league. They also allegedly have one of the best offensive lines in the league. With a strong running game and decent QB play this team could make some noise. But if the Eagles were smart, they'd draft Hurts replacement next year, while letting him continue to be their starter.

If they draft a QB and a RB in the early rounds next year, we could be in trouble.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hurts is one of the more intriguing players in the NFL and he showed his true quality when he got benched in the NCAA Champs game. he didn't pout, didn't even get down, he immediately began supporting his team and helping Tua anyway he could. That, is pure leadership.

His achilles, just like Prescott's at Miss St., was accuracy so when Riley went after him, I was intrigued because he's the new QB guru for trigger men but he went after him for the very same reason the Eagles want Hurts to make it, to execute their game plan and offense.

Have you watched the interaction between Hurts and his teammates? They don't know he's not an elite QB because he's as good a leader as there is at that position.

Ya, know, being a passer and being a QB isn't the same thing. Elway was a passer that Shanahan turned into a QB. That never took with Marino.

starfan1

Reaction score
But zeke's IS bad? Zeke made dak let's pay him.

see steve this is a classic example of what i mentioned. This is what you do no one said a word about zeke yet here you are bringing him in the thread. You are obsessed with all things zeke. Maybe youre carrying over frustration from another thread .That said they both are overpaid Dak and Zeke as is Dlaw as was Witten as was Romo as was Jaylon smith its what the cowboys do and if the Eagles do that with Hurts it will be dumb but not surprising alot of athletes are overpaid. Market value alot of times is overpaying Unless they work for the Patriots they are most likely getting overpaid

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
i mean dak ALREADY makes 40 mil a year lol. so yes.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Sort of agree... But even with Dak not having a top 10 deal soon he is slated to be the #2 cap hit in 2023 and 2024 at $49MM and $52MM before re-upping on a new deal that puts him right back in the top 10. That has a major impact. That's more on the Cowboys than it is Dak, but it sill matters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is either going to hit the lottery or he will be replaced. Hurts has the most pressure then any quarterback in the league. 45 million a season or bust basically.
Truly is. I guess it’s a win win for the Eagles. Though I wonder do they hope he is the answer so they can invest in other personnel.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Means absolutely nothing in the big scheme of the NFL Cap world.
Jerry raised the QB pay scale when he gave a tier 3 QB 40 million a year.
Naturally, every other Tier 1-2 QB agent cashed in using the above debacle of a contract to get the big bucks for their clients.
Jerry Jones paying the men and getting a massive turd for his investment!!!!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think he has to do more than that. I don’t think he can just bus drive his way to the playoffs and get away with it. I especially after the Wentz fiasco.

Honestly, regardless of what he does short of getting them to the NFCCG, I think they'll tag him before investing any long-term money. Also, early projections have 4-5 1st round QBs in the 2023 draft..........don't there's any way in hell they pass on selecting one regardless of Hurts.

Keep in mind he has a boatload of talent to work with.........

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The problem with Daks contract isn't the AAV, it's the length. The Cowboys never really get a chance to get ahead of the cap number because Daks deal is up again in two years.

Hurtz probably sees a similar situation where he can cash in, but the Eagles dont want to commit for a monster length deal like Mahomes. With Mahomes deal though the Chiefs can manipulate the cap number to do quite a bit as they have a decade of creative accounting to work with.
I would have liked to have seen Dak's deal be longer.
Overpay at the front end
But underpay on the back end.

khiladi

Reaction score

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

conner01

Reaction score
Ouch.

The NFL is all about the QB and Hurts isn’t much better than Wentz.
He’s not as good as Wentz though he’s young enough to get better where wentz is probably what he’s gonna be

conner01

Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen Dak's deal be longer.
Overpay at the front end
But underpay on the back end.
In a perfect world for the owners, but not the players lol
It would have been hard to front load his contract though. That requires space
And by holding on to cap space now kinda serves the same result

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Truly is. I guess it’s a win win for the Eagles. Though I wonder do they hope he is the answer so they can invest in other personnel.
I actually like Hurts as a person. Seems to be a good kid. Reminds me of Dak a little bit. His problem is no matter what he does he will always be limited as a thrower because he runs the ball better then he throws. Hurts is Lamar Jackson without the 4.2 speed. In the end being such a good running quarterback limits the passing game.