You Want Garrett Fired

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You want him fired. That is absolutely reasonable. Garrett has had nine years to produce a Super Bowl appearance or victory.

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition you think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, during the offseason, three months after his franchise won a second consecutive Super Bowl. In contrast, Jerry Jones has retained Jason Garrett after three consecutive .500 seasons, 2015 ( :facepalm: ), and watching losses it looked like even he wanted to throw up.

Again, you want Garrett fired. Do you really know the person who will do the actual firing? You know. It is the same guy who has not kicked Garrett to the curb every occasion you declared "I know THIS time Jerruh has seen enough!!!!!!!" umpteen times during the past nine years.

This is the guy who will hand Garrett his eventual pink slip:

jerry-jones.jpg

Setting aside a few moments to finally consider what is truly going on behind those Johnnie Walker Blue Label eyes may provide a missing clue why you continually get Garrett's termination date wrong. Bonus clue: the guy seen above is not the person you see in the mirror every day. Which is a good thing. Just look at that face. Poor Gene. She partly owns a $250 million dollar yacht to muddle through that daily migraine though.

The problem is that we always seem to just do good enough for Jerry to justify keeping this idiot around.

Solution...…...It needs to get worse, a lot worse...…...getting blown out by Philly this Sunday would be an excellent start:thumbup:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wonder. If we are losing to the Eagles at home on national television, would our fans saying this help expedite Garrett's departure? If nothing else, it'd be funny. I reckon we'd get a lot of laughs if we're to have fans chanting this on National telly.

cml750

Reaction score
You want him fired. That is absolutely reasonable. Garrett has had nine years to produce a Super Bowl appearance or victory.

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition you think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, during the offseason, three months after his franchise won a second consecutive Super Bowl. In contrast, Jerry Jones has retained Jason Garrett after three consecutive .500 seasons, 2015 ( :facepalm: ), and watching losses it looked like even he wanted to throw up.

Again, you want Garrett fired. Do you really know the person who will do the actual firing? You know. It is the same guy who has not kicked Garrett to the curb every occasion you declared "I know THIS time Jerruh has seen enough!!!!!!!" umpteen times during the past nine years.

This is the guy who will hand Garrett his eventual pink slip:

jerry-jones.jpg

Setting aside a few moments to finally consider what is truly going on behind those Johnnie Walker Blue Label eyes may provide a missing clue why you continually get Garrett's termination date wrong. Bonus clue: the guy seen above is not the person you see in the mirror every day. Which is a good thing. Just look at that face. Poor Gene. She partly owns a $250 million dollar yacht to muddle through that daily migraine though.
I agree with you 100% DallasEast. As long as fans keep putting money in his pocket he is perfectly comfortable with a mediocre coach. If fans are fed up with Jerry and Garrett then quit buying game tickets and quit purchasing anything Cowboy related. If anyone gets to their limit with the incompetence like I have then quit watching like I have. If enough fans do this to the point it hurts Jerry where it counts (his wallet), then he will make changes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is that we always seem to just do good enough for Jerry to justify keeping this idiot around.

Solution...…...It needs to get worse, a lot worse...…...getting blown out by Philly this Sunday would be an excellent start:thumbup:
It is nice seeing you call it 'an excellent start'. A common observation has been 'the team will or has loss this particular game so Jones will fire Garrett now'. The inherent flaw in the reasoning has been that it has not happened after the numerous times some people have stated the assumption over the past eight or so years lol.

In my opinion, any 'start' happened this year with the Saints loss. Plus, I believe Jones will continue brewing any final decision inside his crock pot head with an Eagles loss--even if the loss ends up being a blow out. So, in a way, we do agree.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you 100% DallasEast. As long as fans keep putting money in his pocket he is perfectly comfortable with a mediocre coach. If fans are fed up with Jerry and Garrett then quit buying game tickets and quit purchasing anything Cowboy related. If anyone gets to their limit with the incompetence like I have then quit watching like I have. If enough fans do this to the point it hurts Jerry where it counts (his wallet), then he will make changes.
I disagree that it will take something that drastic. It should be taken into consideration there have been NUMEROUS opportunities during the past 20-25 years for a significant portion of the franchise's market to finally organize and realistically impact gate revenue, team merchandising, etc. to a truly relevant degree.

It has never happened, likely because the strategy is a pipe dream that may never gain any traction. No one has ever seemingly been willing in becoming the essential catalyst for starting the movement with idea(s) that make sense enough to other disgruntled individuals into mobilizing them. In my observations, the 'best' strategy ever created was some foolhardy, ill-conceived anti-Jerruh billboard that was transparently obviously doomed from the start (not hindsight/I said it at the time lol).

My opinion has always differed due to closely observing Jones for all this time. He has already established a precedent for firing coaches in-season with Wade Phillips. I continually believe the realistic expectation for Jones to pull the trigger is:

• the team experiencing a five-to-seven consecutive game losing streak (currently at three straight losses now)
  • the roster performing in a lackluster fashion for four straight quarters (there have been debatable indications in the first half of the last two games of that seed taking root)
Jones has a break-even point. Past history has shown it. His tolerance level is FAAAAAAAR above what a number of people consider as justifiable but he does possess one. In my opinion, it is simply a matter of the necessary criteria to occur that will push his particular personality over the cliff's edge.

J-man

Reaction score
Lets say for a second JJ does fire JG, who do you want replacing him? Who is going to take this team to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't want Garrett fired, I want the players to execute better. Those turnovers and dropped passes are not Garretts fault. Maher has to stop missing makeable FGs. And that damn defense needs to show up. I think Jerry can see this isn't Garretts fault and won't fire Garrett for this losing streak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree that it will take something that drastic. It should be taken into consideration there have been NUMEROUS opportunities during the past 20-25 years for a significant portion of the franchise's market to finally organize and realistically impact gate revenue, team merchandising, etc. to a truly relevant degree.

It has never happened, likely because the strategy is a pipe dream that may never gain any traction. No one has ever seemingly been willing in becoming the essential catalyst for starting the movement with idea(s) that make sense enough to other disgruntled individuals into mobilizing them. In my observations, the 'best' strategy ever created was some foolhardy, ill-conceived anti-Jerruh billboard that was transparently obviously doomed from the start (not hindsight/I said it at the time lol).

My opinion has always differed due to closely observing Jones for all this time. He has already established a precedent for firing coaches in-season with Wade Phillips. I continually believe the realistic expectation for Jones to pull the trigger is:

• the team experiencing a five-to-seven consecutive game losing streak (currently at three straight losses now)
  • the roster performing in a lackluster fashion for four straight quarters (there have been debatable indications in the first half of the last two games of that seed taking root)
Jones has a break-even point. Past history has shown it. His tolerance level is FAAAAAAAR above what a number of people consider as justifiable but he does possess one. In my opinion, it is simply a matter of the necessary criteria to occur that will push his particular personality over the cliff's edge.
I completely agree with you. If anything like a boycott by fans was ever going to happen, it would have happened after those three consecutive years of 5-11. It's just not going to happen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder. If we are losing to the Eagles at home on national television, would our fans saying this help expedite Garrett's departure? If nothing else, it'd be funny. I reckon we'd get a lot of laughs if we're to have fans chanting this on National telly.

Thanks for posting! My opinion? A big ole YES, especially if enough in attendance are self-motivated in joining in.

That is great stuff. I wish more people attending American games were more innovative like this. The common way of thinking and responding is booing, which has become so Heard That/Ignored That in this country. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets say for a second JJ does fire JG, who do you want replacing him? Who is going to take this team to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years?
Good questions but I prefer not answering them because any choices would very likely not be shared by Jones. Case in point. I could join the Lincoln Riley bandwagon (even though I do not know much about him to support the idea) and say he is the guy but is he the type of guy Jerry Jones' personality can work with over an extended time? That is the bottomline question for any proposed candidate.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! My opinion? A big ole YES, especially if enough in attendance are self-motivated in joining in.

That is great stuff. I wish more people attending American games were more innovative like this. The common way of thinking and responding is booing, which has become so Heard That/Ignored That in this country. :muttley:

Exactly, and thAt is where British humour is at its finest. We should use it and make sure the players, coaches, and Jerry hear it. All it takes is a few to start it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have never neither said nor implied what you stated. All personality disorders do not hinder individuals' drive or achievements of success. Once more, I have neither said nor implied what you stated. All personality disorders do not handicap the ability to "work hard", "own successful businesses" or "gloat". Businessmen such as:
  • Jack Welch (net worth 750 million)
  • George Soros (net worth 8 billion)
  • Bill Gates (net worth 105 billion)
--are recognized as productive narcissists.

And before it is (again) implied that I have stated or implied the above, I suggest reading:

Narcissistic Leaders: The Incredible Pros, the Inevitable Cons
Harvard Business Review
https://hbr.org/2004/01/narcissistic-leaders-the-incredible-pros-the-inevitable-cons

Readers may be surprised by some of the other recognized narcissists of the past and present.

It may be safe stating there may be a working disconnect with what can make someone a narcissist.
Agreed but I have never said or implied Jones was not a successful businessman.

Including the three you mentioned and Jones I suggest that it is you that has the problem and not them. Four EXTREMELY successful men and you find some fault with them. Just get over it and surrender to the idea that NOTHING you say is going to change Jones or how he run the Cowboys.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m more pissed off at these plus size Torrent women they keep showing on this forum

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Unless Jerry stays out of the hiring process or at least the search, then it will not matter if Garrett is replaced. Jerry has never hired a HC that will take charge unless he needs something. Other than Jimmy and Parcells, all the HCs have essentially been the same person, which is relatively passive and with experience on one side of the ball and never known for being a legit NFL HC. I doubt the next HC will be any different.

But for selecting coaches, our GM responsibilities are being handled pretty well between Jerry, Stephen, and McClay.

It's the X's and O's that are the bigger problem. Let's see what Moore and Richard can do the rest of the season, unencumbered by Garrett and Marinelli.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And scheme.

Maybe they can handle them.

Garrett and Marinelli can't. "Maybe" is a step up.
Scheme. Was supposed to have the players that handle Jason scheme. I don't know what scheme the other guys like having. Can't have a scheme if you don't have the players that match it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Also, I must say that I find the constant use of booing to voice displeasure in America to be rather boring. English chants are much more entertaining.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Including the three you mentioned and Jones I suggest that it is you that has the problem and not them. Four EXTREMELY successful men and you find some fault with them. Just get over it and surrender to the idea that NOTHING you say is going to change Jones or how he run the Cowboys.
You may fault me for stating Jones is a narcissist but your disapproval for the other businessmen were identified as narcissists by others and not by me. In other words, I do not write for the Harvard Business Review. ;)

For the record, I have stated for decades, very often on this forum, numerous times, Jones will only accept change that he agrees with. For example, it is I who has criticized many other members' countless half-baked suggestions they ''knew' would 'make' Jones do as they wanted. So, saying that I should accept Jones' narcissism for what it has always been, as I always have demonstrated doing in the forms of many posts and threads, does not convey any tangible form of valid admonishment.