You Want Garrett Fired

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, I must say that I find the constant use of booing to voice displeasure in America to be rather boring. English chants are much more entertaining.
Americans are well-known for tuning out stimuli they are constantly bombarded with. It is why Goodell barely bats an eye to simple-minded booing every draft. :muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Americans are well-known for tuning out stimuli they are constantly bombarded with. It is why Goodell barely bats an eye to simple-minded booing every draft. :muttley:

Yes, I've noticed. Rather boring chaps, yes? Unimaginative. I think Americans would really find it comical if you were to try English chants. You lot seem to really enjoy ours chants. Why not use it for yourself? It'd be bloody brilliant. No need to tune it out. Join in the English fun.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I've noticed. Rather boring chaps, yes? Unimaginative. I think Americans would really find it comical if you were to try English chants. You lot seem to really enjoy ours chants. Why not use it for yourself? It'd be bloody brilliant. No need to tune it out. Join in the English fun.
Chants are good. We do engage in them from time-to-time, usually in some various repeated form of "Suck!" or expletive phrase. We are quite proficient using those lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Chants are good. We do engage in them from time-to-time, usually in some various repeated form of "Suck!" or expletive phrase. We are quite proficient using those lol.

Haha, so are we at times and worse. I'd post some, but they're definitely against forum rules haha. I can PM you a whole video i found, but I definitely can't post it. Though, we probably outdo you lot with our expletive-laced chants. We call them wind-ups.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It would not surprise me if Jones named Moore as head coach. The decision would blow some people's minds though.
Dallas East--- i want to know who is responsible last few games for out timid play calling?...like when we get nervous we revert back to Linehan model?....this play not to lose worked for us last year because our defense was balling out
but not this year...if its Moore who is doing it..i dont want him as a HC

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas East--- i want to know who is responsible last few games for out timid play calling?...like when we get nervous we revert back to Linehan model?....this play not to lose worked for us last year because our defense was balling out
but not this year...if its Moore who is doing it..i dont want him as a HC
It was Garrett influencing more conservative play in my opinion. He is still head coach and owns the authority to dictate which plays would be used in-game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't know what scheme this team is playing. Confuses me the most

I don't think they know.

They get personnel for a multi run threat/play action/stretch the field scheme to complement the run game, show a little of it in early games, then go back to run on first and Linehan stick routes whenever the game is in doubt.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know who pushed Drew Henson.. Jim Garrett..

Jerry would probably have made plenty of better decisions, if he didn’t have clowns like Lacewell and Jim as part of his inner circle. Lacewell is the guy that got Jerry to bring in Kiffen.

Clean out the inner circle, and Jerry will make better decisions.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
This is my only issue with head coaching Dallas Cowboys football. What head coach with any self-respect. Would take over a football team without having total control who would put their reputation on the line like that. I believe other than a new Young startup or somebody coming up in the ranks that's already on our staff. I just don't see it happening. Not while Jerry is in charge
What cracks me up is.....when things are going good, Will McClay and SJ are in charge, when the team starts taking a nose dive JJ is running the show. Can't have it both ways people!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th
th
th
th
th
th

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What cracks me up is.....when things are going good, Will McClay and SJ are in charge, when the team starts taking a nose dive JJ is running the show. Can't have it both ways people!
And what does this have to do with my response

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't want Garrett fired, I want the players to execute better. Those turnovers and dropped passes are not Garretts fault. Maher has to stop missing makeable FGs. And that damn defense needs to show up. I think Jerry can see this isn't Garretts fault and won't fire Garrett for this losing streak.
If Garrett can't motivate them properly of course it's his fault

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Unless Jerry hires a real football GM, we're all his puppets with strings attached. We can argue about coaches and players all day, but we're just wasting our breath. JMO.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
This offense only goes as far as this dual te passing attack will take them. This scheme is trash because it never changes. We consistently have the worst receiving te core in the league but they play every passing snap as if they were scoring 10 tds a year or making game winning plays. They put up losing scoring stats every year but we play them on Every passing snap reguardless. Im surprized Jarwin is even getting snaps without #82 on the field. Nobody else in 15 years ever got the opportunity to play a Wittenless passing snap and most certainly not another te.

Why not try pass scheming around 5 good players instead of handicapping our offense with one that has 1 playoff td in his 16 year career.

Until which time we get some tes that can dominate as receivers or we bench them on critical passing downs we'll march into the playoffs and fold like a cheap suit like always. Who wants to watch a 4 td a year te core play every passing snap? A dual slot wr set or dual rb passing formation is what separates The great Coaches from Garrett. Carrot top loves him some tes on every passing snap. Our qb gets Blitzed on 3rd and 10 and its game over for Romo or Dak everytime. We need a more dual slot wr and rb friendly passing offense until we get a stud te that can make game winning plays. These tes are incapable of making winning pass catches and havent scored beans in years except against bad teams. Our offense looks good against scrubs and bad against the good teams. Their non scoring abilities against playoff contenders and in the playoffs is a defining reason why we never get close. All those 3rd and 20 plays and do or die plays theyve played in 16 years and ALWAYS COME UP EMPTY HANDED.HANDED.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You may fault me for stating Jones is a narcissist but your disapproval for the other businessmen were identified as narcissists by others and not by me. In other words, I do not write for the Harvard Business Review. ;)

For the record, I have stated for decades, very often on this forum, numerous times, Jones will only accept change that he agrees with. For example, it is I who has criticized many other members' countless half-baked suggestions they ''knew' would 'make' Jones do as they wanted. So, saying that I should accept Jones' narcissism for what it has always been, as I always have demonstrated doing in the forms of many posts and threads, does not convey any tangible form of valid admonishment.

All you've done is vent hatred toward Jones. For the record I don't care who you hate or like, just stop trying to fool yourself and others that you have some higher reason for doing it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All you've done is vent hatred toward Jones. For the record I don't care who you hate or like, just stop trying to fool yourself and others that you have some higher reason for doing it.
The old 'hate' counter-argument. Tell me. Where in my exact words did you formulate the idea I 'hate' Jerry Jones?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This offense only goes as far as this dual te passing attack will take them. This scheme is trash because it never changes. We consistently have the worst receiving te core in the league but they play every passing snap as if they were scoring 10 tds a year or making game winning plays. They put up losing scoring stats every year but we play them on Every passing snap reguardless. Im surprized Jarwin is even getting snaps without #82 on the field. Nobody else in 15 years ever got the opportunity to play a Wittenless passing snap and most certainly not another te.

Why not try pass scheming around 5 good players instead of handicapping our offense with one that has 1 playoff td in his 16 year career.

Until which time we get some tes that can dominate as receivers or we bench them on critical passing downs we'll march into the playoffs and fold like a cheap suit like always. Who wants to watch a 4 td a year te core play every passing snap? A dual slot wr set or dual rb passing formation is what separates The great Coaches from Garrett. Carrot top loves him some tes on every passing snap. Our qb gets Blitzed on 3rd and 10 and its game over for Romo or Dak everytime. We need a more dual slot wr and rb friendly passing offense until we get a stud te that can make game winning plays. These tes are incapable of making winning pass catches and havent scored beans in years except against bad teams. Our offense looks good against scrubs and bad against the good teams. Their non scoring abilities against playoff contenders and in the playoffs is a defining reason why we never get close. All those 3rd and 20 plays and do or die plays theyve played in 16 years and ALWAYS COME UP EMPTY HANDED.HANDED.

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound? You're talking about a future HOF tight end. To listen to your babble you would think that EVERY Super Bowl winning team has the best TE corp in the league every year. Here's a little football 101 for you. Some teams have TE's that are good blockers and then have one that may be better at receiving. Witten is BOTH a good blocker AND receiver. A TE catching 20, 30, 40 yard TD passes every game IS NOT unrealistic. Witten has spent a career being the safety valve getting those 3 and 6,7, 8 yard 1st down catches moving the sticks. To continue to show your foolishness many times Witten on passing downs chip block before he does his rout which helps allow romo or now Prescott that instant more to work with. IF the Cowboys were to take Witten out and do your dual slot receivers this is what will happen. The defense will see that there will no extra help for Prescott and the defense will do stunts that this line seems to have a problem picking up as well as blitz a LB and Prescott is either sacked or rushed into an errant pass. This season while having both Witten and Jarwin in at the same time Jarwin has gotten open down the middle seam and has gotten some 20 and 30 yard catches. Just face it you know extremely little about what your TRYING to talk about.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Naw lets keep him around a few more years, too many arrogant cowboys fans think we are super bowl bound every year. "best talent in the NFL, we don't have any talent" lmao...