Your Hate Picks at 19

Sydla

Reaction score
Just imagine if Vea is still on the board and we take LVE.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I would really like to see a trade down if Vea doesn’t fall to #19, but I’m thinking everyone and their wife’s 2nd cousin want to trade down this year after the Top 12.
I think we’ll be picking at #19.

Yup, that is the rub! You need a partner. I think the only one who might bite is NE.

Western

Reaction score
Just imagine if Vea is still on the board and we take LVE.
giphy.gif

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Any WR.
LVE or Evans
Any QB
Any TE

My likes:
Trade down
Vea
Trade down for reals
Hernandez
Daniels
Wynn
Tradeest downeth
Trade up for Roquan or TEd to lock up LB post Sean Lee.
Hurst(if he medically clears)

jday

Reaction score
mine:
Any WR not named Ridley (wouldn’t love Ridley but wouldn’t hate it)
Any OT (moving Collins is a no for me)
Taven Bryan
LVE
Taven Bryan

Id rather wait on a receiver but if it's not the above two I might take that as a win.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really players I hate, just players I would rather we not draft...in some cases I like these players but only in a trade down or if somehow a crazy case of everyone I like better is already taken.

One player I DO NOT WANT IN ANY CASE.....DE Arden Key LSU

A few players I might like better in a trade down but don't really want at 19...

Miller
Sutton
Hubbard
Bryan - of these names...I probably like Bryan the most.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
specific issues:
Ridley: Possibly a slot only. Likely maxed out at Bama for size/strength yet tests poorly in those areas.
Sutton: Too raw, will need a couple years. I see him as a round 2/3 guy with tons of upside but also some real bust potential.
Moore: Team was so bad that his film is hard to grade for me. Feels like Dez Bryant 2017 to me not DB 2014.
LVE: 1 year guy with some injury concerns. Plays tall which makes him very blockable at times. When he has good technique can waylay dudes.
Evans: Not very big. Safety plus type like Sean Lee which may mean he struggles physically to stay on the field long term.

in general:
i don't like paying guys who've never had money big money then thinking they'll all of a sudden love football. draft gym rats.
beware big schools. name recognition causes guys to rise. i'd never ignore those guys because they produce tons of talent but i would be aware of that fact when grading prospects.
i like guys who can do "something" for you now but have upside. at wr i might like christian kirk more than others as i see him as a plus returner day 1 who can grow into a real receiving threat.see tyreek hill.
i'm also not as worried about a guy only running 3-4 routes well provided i can use those 3-4 routes in my offense day 1. i need enough to get him on the field then i can help him grow from there but he's gotta be able to play snaps day 1.
i'd always consider the bpa but immediately ask myself what is his role on the team. if he has no role i would move down til i either selected best player for me or traded down.
i dont need 10 draft picks. i can move around to end up with more top 150 guys then add a few UDFA at position I ran short of much easier than I can fit 10 rookies onto a roster. i don't need to select 6th/7th round picks for some other team....

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t understand the hate for LVE. Is it because he’s white or went to a small school? Only started one year? I don’t know if he will be any good but he’s one of the best athletes at a position of great need. Great size and can play all LB positions

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t understand the hate for LVE. Is it because he’s white or went to a small school? Only started one year? I don’t know if he will be any good but he’s one of the best athletes at a position of great need. Great size and can play all LB positions

Injury concerns and one year of great production are his main downfalls.

I think he'll be the pick though. Position of need, superb athlete, and nose for the ball. Comes into plays like a missile. All-Pro ceiling.

kskboys

Reaction score
Injury concerns and one year of great production are his main downfalls.

I think he'll be the pick though. Position of need, superb athlete, and nose for the ball. Comes into plays like a missile. All-Pro ceiling.
Didn't play a lot of high level competition so he's both hard to judge and not ready at the same time. There's a monster of a difference between getting around a stiff and getting around an NFL quality blocker.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am good with most guys but i want a starter with the first pick,dont want to see a guy who wont even play half the snaps picked in the first RD.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Didn't play a lot of high level competition so he's both hard to judge and not ready at the same time. There's a monster of a difference between getting around a stiff and getting around an NFL quality blocker.

Yup. My main concern with LVE is that, + he struggles to get off blocks occasionally. Plays a bit high.

I think that there will probably be more “guaranteed” prospects available at 19. Prospects that have a better chance of working out. But I see few players in the draft with the potential of LVE. And taking into consideration past selections like Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith... I think the Cowboys might feel the same way.