Your Hate Picks at 19

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don’t understand the hate for LVE. Is it because he’s white or went to a small school? Only started one year? I don’t know if he will be any good but he’s one of the best athletes at a position of great need. Great size and can play all LB positions
this is an easy one.

played essentially one year as a starter.
is very blockable at times because he lacks experience and technique, plays very tall leaving lots of chest for an OL.
is a similar size to bobby carpenter whom busted out of nearly the same exact area of draft.
in ideal world he wouldn't start or play much as Lee and Smith are better today if healthy.
team played 2 LB 73% of the time last year and has a young, cheap, quality box safety in Kavon Frazier.

but he has plusses too
raw but very good athlete.
had a monster year
from a program whose guys typically get better in the league. --they really identify raw talent with big upside
would be unique player on this roster with his size/athleticism.
best upside of any LB not named Edmunds.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anything other than Calvin Ridley is a failure
Ridley isn't as first round talent.
That so many fake scouts think so is telling about why they aren't pro scouts imho.
But we shall see soon enough.

Even the most glowing of reports say he isn't a WR1.
And teams would be insane to draft a WR2 in round 1.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
WR. If a WR is the best we can do at 19, then drop down a few spots and pick up a 3rd if possible. LB is a real need, but I'm not sure LVE is a first round talent. Hope they've done their homework on him. Vea is only a dream.

My suspicion is the BPA at 19 will be an OL. The Cowboys are at risk of over committing resources at that position though. This team needs defense, a 2nd-3rd round WR and a mid-round RB.

RamziD

Reaction score
I could probably live with anyone except Sutton at 19. That's the only pick that would make me really upset.