Your Hate Picks at 19

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just imagine if Vea is still on the board and we take LVE.

It will likely be just about the same as with any pick outside of Vea. There are a ton of people hating on the LB, WR, and OL possibilities.

The Cowboys at this point deserve the benefit of the doubt in terms of the draft. They've been way ahead of the curve for the better part of a decade.

funkytown

Reaction score
Taven Bryan- I'm scared this will be the pick. It will be a panic pick when no trade down offers come. Similar to Taco last year.

I'm come around Vander Esch but I'd prefer someone else grab him.

Verdammung

Reaction score
In order of most hated to least hated.

1. Taven Bryan - He runs fast for his size. That is the extent to which I will complement him.
  2. Rashaan Evans - I distrust Bama linebackers and question his coverage ability.
  3. Calvin Ridley - The route running and the vertical speed are intriguing, everything else terrifies me.
  4. James Daniels - He does a lot of things well enough; I worry about the lack of mauler ability to his game.
  5. Leighton Vander Esch - He struggles shedding blocks; high ceiling, low floor.
LVE is the start of the "well it could have been worse tier".

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Rahsaan Evans. He honestly just looks weird has a long neck like Merton Hanks and looks terrible in coverage. He looks like an RB playing LB. I don’t want any part of him.

Terrancemcclain

Reaction score
The only two guys I would hate are court and Sutton or taven bryan. I know I'm often negative at times but I think the cowboys front office has done a pretty good job of drafting these past few years . my main frustration has been
With their continued view of nose tackle is not a important position. I think they will do well tomorrow

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
In order of most hated to least hated.

1. Taven Bryan - He runs fast for his size. That is the extent to which I will complement him.
  2. Rashaan Evans - I distrust Bama linebackers and question his coverage ability.
  3. Calvin Ridley - The route running and the vertical speed are intriguing, everything else terrifies me.
  4. James Daniels - He does a lot of things well enough; I worry about the lack of mauler ability to his game.
  5. Leighton Vander Esch - He struggles shedding blocks; high ceiling, low floor.
LVE is the start of the "well it could have been worse tier".

I don't like Evans either, but I don't get why you don't trust Bama linebackers - they've projected very well in the past. Dont'a Hightower, Mosley, Ragland's doing OK, Foster was doing great on the field, etc. Just prep-wise, all those guys came in the league ready to play.

Guess I'm also a lot higher on Daniels as well. I don't worry so much about the physicality, any guy that can reach-block a freaking 3 tech from the pivot has a home in our offense IMO. He's only 20, the strength will come, but that kind of lateral agility doesn't show up every day.

RS12

Reaction score
Hate trading up for anybody. Sweet spot of the draft is 20-60. At 19 dont want: Davenport, LVE, any WR, any OG.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hope it's an old one

Lol, believe it or not it's only 19 inches. I've been moving around a lot for school and work the last few years, so having a TV that fits in a car has been a big plus.

It's gonna fly REAL easy though...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anyone not named Vea. He's the only guy I'm feeling it for at 19.

If he's not there, move back and take a WR, OG, 3Tech. Lots of quality there in the 20s.

No LBs. We have our full time starters.

Verdammung

Reaction score
I don't like Evans either, but I don't get why you don't trust Bama linebackers - they've projected very well in the past. Dont'a Hightower, Mosley, Ragland's doing OK, Foster was doing great on the field, etc. Just prep-wise, all those guys came in the league ready to play.

Guess I'm also a lot higher on Daniels as well. I don't worry so much about the physicality, any guy that can reach-block a freaking 3 tech from the pivot has a home in our offense IMO. He's only 20, the strength will come, but that kind of lateral agility doesn't show up every day.

On not trusting Bama linebackers, I'm probably just being stupid. It's just hard for me to gauge how good they really are because of how talented the defense is; especially the defensive line. I prefer the idea of drafting "the guy" from a lesser team than drafting "a guy" from a great team.

On Daniels, I do see talent and I'm probably being too hard on him; I just value mauling ability.