Your most embarrassing moment as a Cowboys fan

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL are the owners. They would not implement a rule they would be obligated to obey.

My only wish is for Jerry Jones to return to what he was before his divorce from Jimmy Johnson: not in charge of football operations. He experienced enormous football-only success within that circumstance. His entire family also. And all fans of his franchise as well.

I am not opposed to Jones doing whatever he wants--as long as the one stipulation be allowing someone qualified manage the team. He did it before, so he is not sacrificing anything of himself. All he has to gain are more Lombardis. It would be a total win-win for him.
Yeah boy. Truth is stranger than fiction. He wants the glory.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The 1992 or 93 Cowboys beat the 85 Bears easily. We had an all time strong defense too and the 85 Bears offense was average at best. No way they outscore Dallas.
1985 Bears scored more points (456) than the 92 Cowboys (409) and 93 Cowboys (376)

1985 Bears defense allowed less points (198) than the 92 Cowboys (243), and 93 Cowboys (229)

The 1985 Bears gained over 6000 yards of offense, neither of the those great Cowboys offense were able to achieve that.

The 1985 Bears scored 44 TDs on offense, neither of the those Cowboys offense had that many -> 1992 (43), 1993 (38)

I get your point, however, personally I think the Bears offense is 85 is underrated by a lot of people and their defense was obviously all-world spectacular. Yes, I acknowledge their defense was so unworldly (forced 54 TO's!) that they constantly gave the ball back to their offense which juices the offense stats to some extent.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Here are a few off the top of my head in ascending order:
4. Keeping Garrett head coach after going 8-8 three consecutive seasons and failing to make the playoffs those years.
3. Going 1-11 in 2015, after Romo was lost for the year and JJ stating that Brandon Weeden threw one of the finest passes he's every seen.
2. The @#$&@! opening game loss to the expansion team Houston Texans.
1. This past season's playoff lost to Green Bay. Absolutely inexcusable. They lost that game so fast that I didn't even have time to get mad.

Western

Reaction score
March 30, 1994 -- Jerry fires Jimmy -- and yes, Jerry did fire Jimmy.

No mutual decision on parting ways -- Jerry as an egoistical self-absorbed narcissistic owner violated the terms of Jimmy's contract which granted Jimmy full authority as head coach and General Manager involving all football decisions. Jimmy would have stayed in Dallas as head coach and GM if it were not for Jerry's continual unlawful and illicit incursions in football operations of the Dallas Cowboys.

Without the success of Jimmy's championship culture that Jimmy created from 1989 - 1993, there are no super bowl trophies in the 1990's.
Since that period, Jerry has been an absolute failure in building championship teams for 30 years -- an embarrassing and indisputable fact that any fan should acknowledge.

usatsi_11236020.jpg

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys have never embarrassed me.
They disappointed me too many times to remember.

Swagger

Reaction score
Most embarrassing moment would be Prescott failing to spike the ball against the 49ers in the play offs on the final drive. It was pathetic all round. Proper amateur and dumb football. Other teams still laugh their head off reminiscing about that moment.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The playoff loss to Green Bay this year broke me as a fan. I don't care who Will McCan't and his posse draft, I don't care about the Jones's free-agency sabbatical, and I certainly won't follow Camp Hypecake any longer. If I'm home on Sunday and the Cowboys are playing, sure I'll watch the s show, but that's as far as my fandom will reach anymore. The organization has pushed me into the threshold of average fan.
Same. I am finally done. I hang out here mainly for the off-topic forum. I won't go out of my way to watch a game.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Win & In (Cowboys vs. Eagles 2008, Week 17)
It's an easy one. Romo put up the most gutless performance of any Cowboys QB in our history. This is a colossal give up by a Cowboys QB. 44-6 and countless times watching Romo lay face down in the dirt. I lost all respect for Romo after this "performance". Roger, Danny White, and Aikman would have been much better than this. Absolutely embarrassing as a fan.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Most embarrassing moment for me : Realizing many years ago this owner will never learn nor change his stubborn commitment to being in charge of everything despite the decades long evidence he is incapable in the cap era of building a championship roster.
This is a much bigger embarrassment than the gutless Romo performance vs Eagles in 2008 44-6 debacle. Head coach Jones has been spectacular in the post season. Stellar work from the fuhrer.

akcowboy22

Reaction score
#1at a ski resort in a bar full of 49er fans 94 nfc championship game.
#2 Seattle playoff game where tony botched the snap and tried to run it into the end zone.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All good takes. One thing truly embarrassing was after beating the 4-win Commanders on thanksgiving this past season, and Jones comparing the feeling as on par or better than the 3 Super Bowl wins.

“I don’t know that I’ve had a day like this,” Jones said after the game, via The Athletic’s Jon Machota. “And I’ll include them all, I’ll put Super Bowls in there, I don’t know if I’ve ever had a better day with the Cowboys than today.”

Big_D

Reaction score
That QB run with no time outs to seal a playoff game is right up there. Or that embarrassing last play where Zeke was the center. 3 years in a row looking completely lost to end things.

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to hear from the fan base as to what was their personal most embarrassing moment as a Cowboys fan. here is 2 of mine

the playoff game vs SF where we couldn’t spike the ball in time and lost the playoff game

and the 44-0 beat down by the Bears at home.
Wow. Great question. Several pie faced moments. The Seattle FG fumblerooski. When we were #1 seed and lost to Giants. The loss to Eagles where they scored over 40 points and eliminated all hopes. The Flynn game. The Ravens beating us in the Texas Stadium’s last game. The loss the 49ers in last years playoffs and the topper is the loss to Jordan Love in the playoffs this year. Ugh.

ShortRound

Reaction score
2021 Final Game; VS SF; Dak gets in the way of the refs; time runs out.

2022 Final Game; VS. SF; Zeke at center

2023 Final Game; Over by halftime

That should be enough evidence to move on, no?

RoboQB

Reaction score
GB game nothing more embarrassing under the circumstances and nothing comes close to this loss.
Our fans started to leave the stadium at half-time.

People have explained this away in defense of Dak but, to me, how the heck does he NOT throw that to Cooks!?!
An 8 year veteran should see that. I don't care who throws out excuses about route designs, etc. That's a rookie mistake, at best.

I think the home playoff debacle against SF was actually worse. They all seem to blend together at this point...lol.